Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday January 13,2021

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wednesday January 13,2021

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am

Good Morning Girls

Gosh, here it is Wednesday already! Looks like we have some snow in the forecast for tomorrow and Friday.... let me think... do I really NEED anything at Joann before the storm comes? :lol: :lol: I'm good on food... but low on embroidery floss! :lol: :lol:

Lois... Do you mostly cut up deer meat into steaks? Or do you have some one make sausage out of it? When my DS Shawn goes deer hunting, he goes with his uncle and a bunch of buddies, they usually share what any body gets. But now that he lives in Canada he goes hunting up there.

Suzette... got my fingers crossed that your backing arrives in a timely manner.. I don't normally have trouble with the PO, even packages that I send to Alaska seem to get there on time... but thread I ordered from North Dakota ended up in Florida! Still trying to figure that one out!

Judi... Thanks for the update on Kathy....I do hope she is getting our cards too... Good to know she is able to sit a little every day, but I think she probably has a long road ahead of her? Happy to hear you will be able to get in the sewing room today too!

Maryz.... Oh gosh, I hope you have a much easier driving day today!!! I saw on the internet news this morning there was a lot of wind and rain in Oregon and WA yesterday! Will you "hit the beach" today!

Sue... Oh Yes I remember the "noodle swaps" I think I still have a set from one of those... Didn't we Swap Pinks and Browns? I have bunch of those still. For now they are all laying on a table in my living room... .waiting for the inspiration to put some together. :lol: How did your carrot cake turn out?

Carole.... So sorry to hear that you lost your Luke... I know what a special friend he was too you. I bet your "puppy" will end up being a good size dog when full grown! I do miss having a dog around and am sometimes so tempted to get a black lab--my favorite... But I don't miss hauling dog food and scooping poop!

Katy... gosh I wonder what kind of water pills they gave you for Boo! Wouldn't it be a hoot if you could get them at the regular drug store... some pet meds are just human meds with a different name!

Sharon.... Will think of your cousin and friend today and send some prayers and good thoughts.

Diane.... Glad to hear Dr. is pleased with progress on your foot. Sounds like bunion surgery? My daughter had to have both of her feet done... OUCH... Take it easy and rest well... your Cutie will be there for you!

Jana.... Does Michael pack up all the train pieces and store them until next Christmas? Oh gosh.. a lot of work... I bet Ethan would be thrilled if they could stay up all year! I think that snow that is missing you is headed my way! Thanks a LOT! :lol: :lol:

Time for more coffee, then I think I head down stairs and figure out which UFO to work on next. I found fabric to make another walk-about pattern using left over geese from the other one, so I may put those blocks together today... and see if I have enough backing for it.

wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 am

Sue, those swaps with the 2 1/2 inch strips were fun and easy. You got a great variety of fabrics. I used all mine years ago.

Carole, I bet Maddie keeps you busy. Puppies are fun and full of energy. I bet she is adorable with those big ears.

Maryz, hope todays travel is easier. You should have stayed south. We're heading up to the mid 80's tomorrow.

Not sure what I will do today. I haven't sewn anything in a month. I'm kind of in a funk after losing Emma. She was my quilting buddy.

Have a great day.

Lori 8-)

carole

Post by carole » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am

Lori, I am so sorry for the loss of Emma. I know the hurt you are feeling right now. It is so hard losing a fur baby. Hang in there and one day you will smile again. Getting into the sewing room may be hard but it will keep your mind busy. Sending hugs your way.

Carole

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am

Good afternoon all! Not much to say today. My oldest son is 53 today. I don't feel old enough to have my 2 sons in their fifties. Where has time gone? Finishing up packing away the Christmas stuff today. Think I will bake some fruitcake. It will keep my mind off of the mess going on on the news. I can't watch the news like I used to with all this mess going on in Washington. I know it is just going to get worse. Guess I will just curl up with Smoke, Sweetie and some Bloody Marys for the next few years.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”