Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday January 6,2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Wednesday January 6,2021

Post by womster » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:37 am

Good morning!

Lois – your poor niece – I will be praying for her. I had a cracked sternum from a car accident - it was most unpleasant. Have a lovely visit with your sister and yay for your machine coming home.

Sue – new pantographs are exciting. I ordered the three books available for my setup (not even a midarm but I still love it!). I go through all the patterns like I go through a new cookbook. I wanted a tankless water heater but our plumber talked DH out of it. They sure save the $$.

Maryz – that’s a great idea about the Christmas stuff. I will put it on my todo list for fall. I would be vexed as well – that is quite irksome. Safe travels to Raton – are you allowed to be off on your own? ;)

Judi – I hope you find the perfect flooring today. My DH did not sleep well with the news from GA. Which meant I didn’t either.

Flo – maybe you can rest today.

Diane – good luck with your closet!

Valerie – what does your caregiver do? I think an ironing station is a grand idea.

Jana – I’m glad you don’t have to have a seam – great news! Can’t wait to see pics.

Becca – thanks for telling me to check my PMs – I never remember to do that.

Today I’m washing all the bedding in our room and sent the robot vacuum under the bed to scare away the dust bunnies. I will (hopefully) finish the binding and then sweep up the billions of fuzzies left by the minky fabric. Then have a lot of organizing to do in the study – at least I got that pesky filing done – one of my least favorite jobs!
Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am

Good Morning Girls

Here I am.. late as usual... but I was in the middle of a really nice dream with Tom Selleck and I didn't want to wake up. :lol: :lol:

Lois... Oh my gosh... .of course sending lots of prayers for your niece! Poor kid... I'm guessing she's in the hospital for a day or two? Does she have someone close by to help her? Good news you're getting your machine home too!

Sue... Once you get used to the tankless water heater.. you'll love it. They use them in Europe a LOT.. When I was in Ireland in 2000, all the B & B's had them. My friend Viv uses panto's all the time... I shopped for a Christmas gift for her--a new panto.. there are so many fun designs out there! Do you ever order from Kingsmen Quilting Supply? I get all my Glide thread from there... Service is pretty fast!

Maryz.... SO glad you decided to take the southern route... will save me a few grey hairs worrying about you driving through the mountains. Even though it's longer.. you'll still be home earlier than planned. You're heading down I-25? How far south will you go before you turn west?

Judi.... Are you having "one of those days"? Will send a little prayer that something today will spark some joy for you.

Flo.... If it's rainy... doesn't that mean it's supposed to be a day off? Maybe a sewing day? :)

Diane.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Did my gremlins show up at your house? So sorry.. they can get really nasty little buggers sometimes.

Valerie.... Everything in your kitchen all done? Nice to have thing getting back to normal.. in one room any way :) To answer your question about quilting my UFO's... If they are small enough--lap size-ish.. I do them on my Janome. Bigger ones my friend Viv has been doing for me. But she's in WI and we don't get together much in the winter. When she was here just before Christmas I sent 4 home with her... just have to figure out how to get them back. With roads being tricky for driving.. I'm not sure when they are headed this direction again. Their son lives in Minneapolis. Viv is my Shawn's MIL.

Jana... Bummer that Ikea is still out of the cabinet you need... but so nice of Sarah to share! Can't wait to see pictures of your new and improved Batt Cave.

Sharon.... How nice to see you! You have one of those robot vac's? How do you like it... My Son and wife just got one of the news ones that parks itself in the battery charger. Scared the dog a bit! Never thought about how nice it would be to be able to dust under the bed!

Guess I better get in gear... Picked up my Janome from the shop yesterday... Braced myself for a BIG bill... but only $80 to fix and give it the annual check up... She purrrrsss like a kitten now and I am thrilled to have her home. Today I can get one of my small UFO's pinned and maybe quilted... but I'm definitely going to need more coffee!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am

Good morning all
Nothing happening here . I finally got into my sewing room. I have 6 out of 12 blocks sewn together Then started putting old sew along together. The 6.5 inch blocks have been mostly sewn into rows. I am now putting rows together without corner stones. This will be a utility quilt for my bed. I need a new one and need blocks gone out of my sewing area.
I really need help cleaning out and sorting my sewing room LOL Any volunteers.
O darn need to take Boo out.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Return to “Sew ins”