Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday January 6,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday January 6,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:03 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today is going to be a great day because we are going to pick up my machine and also going to visit my sister Rosie before we go will stop and pick up stuff for lunch.
I can sure use a couple of prayers my niece was in a bad car accident on her way home from work she has 5 broken ribs and a fractured sternum.
Well that's all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

kenderosa

Re: Wednesday January 6,2021

Post by kenderosa » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:26 am

Good Morning

I'm up early and need to get presentable as we are having our Tankless water heater serviced this morning.
Don't want to be in my pj's when the dude shows up. This type water heater is new to us, so need to get educated on how it works, etc.

Lois~ Prayers for your niece, gosh!

Ann~ Nice to see you here... we had a wonderful time at the "Meet and Greet" in Paducah back in the day. The upstairs of QIAD was a perfect meeting place for all of us. Would be fun to have a Reunion!

Sharona~ I am still drinking my wonderful Pecan coffee.... now I don't have to have it shipped anymore. LOL

Maryz ~ Safe travels for you, today. Thru the mountains in January can be a long trip.

Judi ~ Thanks for the update on Kathy, she was my SS a few years back. Really hope she can heal quickly and get back to the fun things in life.

I ordered a couple of new pantographs this morning. I guess I was bored using the ones I do have. Those things are like purchasing thread.... must have one of every color. :)
Gotta get going... happy stitching y'all.

Sue

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:40 am

Good morning

Lois, I am so sorry to hear about your nieces accident. She definitely has prayers coming from me. Is she Dolores‘s daughter? Or your brothers? Rosie’s? Enjoy your lunch with Rosie.

SUE, I am still enjoying the visual of your family Christmas. You are making great memories with your grands. Your current quilt sounds pretty. Are you doing a Bonnie Hunter?

MQ, that is one gorgeous quilt! I hope you are keeping that one

Ann, we have a few ladder rules at our house now too.

Chris, I think a day off from work to get your oil changed is a grand idea! The grueling commute has to be getting to you by now. 😜

SHARONA, A few years ago I purged my Christmas stuff. I shared a lot with our two grandsons who were setting up their own homes. Sold some in a garage sale, and donated the rest. We still have too much but every year I weed out a little more.

Judi. When will you be going Floor shopping? Soon? We do appreciate the updates on Kathy

I’ve read everything but I’m still posting on my phone. Hard to bring up The second tab to refer to when posting. Sorry to those I’ve missed.

My computer saga continues. Dell shipped it to wrong address down in South Texas. They were supposed to have fed ex pick it up on Monday, re-label it, and ship it to our home address. As of last night, our friends say they still have the computer. However, we did receive a customer service survey from Dell asking what we thought their service! Are they nuts!!! On a scale of 1 to 10 we would give them a negative zillion!!! I can’t wait to fill out that form! But will wait until I actually have my computer in hand first. They’ve had it since Thanksgiving. We bought it at Costco. Costco will be hearing about it as well. The length of time they’ve had it is bad enough but they keep giving us bad info every time we try to talk to them. They are starting to vex me. 🤬

Some of you asked for a Vicki report. Nothing has happened. The warrant to have her admitted to a facility, issued 2 months ago, hasn't been served yet. I expect Covid and the holidays have delayed things.

We are off today on our own. Taking the southern route seems the most prudent. We will be in Raton, NM tonite if anyone needs us.

Stay safe. Stay healthy!

Mary Z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:59 am

Mary Z she is my late sister's daughter .

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 am

Good Morning, I had to erase my post and start over....I am not feeling it today,,,,Praying,,,,for the country.
I got all the Christmas down except for a few small things...I got the downstairs semi cleaned....still need to rearrainge. Basement is coming along...I still need to paint,,,,will get to that soon. Ken is ready to drywall the bathroom so the boys will help us carry it in,,,,that will be another trip to Home depot...maybe we will hit the flooring stores today...hope you are all doing well safe traveling and God speed to all who are going to DC today...XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:29 am

Morning
Lois prayers fir your neice.
Maryz, travel safe.
Worked at kids house yesterday. From ice storm, a lot of branches on ground, so DDIL & I gathered them up and placed them curbside to be picked up. The house is within city limits.
Today is supposed to be rainy, so not sure what it will bring.
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:52 am

Good morning everyone.

Lois- hope your niece will heal quickly. What a horrible thing to happen. Broken ribs are rough to handle.

Maryz- please have a safe trip home. Taking your time on some of those roads are well worth it. I know you just want to get home, but please be cautious with the weather. Mother nature can be finicky in a moments notice.

Flo- I know you want to get the kids house finished, BUT, please take time for yourself.

Today I'm tackling straightening the closet in the sewing room. Heavens, when did it become so messy? Maryq did you do it when I wasn't looking??Its always the "shy" ones you have to watch. LOL

Off for coffee-
Be safe.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:58 am

Diane Gremlins did mine and I will start tomorrow going through things my machine will be back today still dont want to sew but cleaning up might be the ticket.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:09 am

Happy Hump Day!

Lois hope your niece will be okay in time. Prayers for quick recovery.

Sue congratulations on your new Pantographs. Someday I hope to be able to set up a frame and quilt my own items but in the meantime........

Mary safe travels. Yes the Southern Route sound good. Not sure when you will head North but snow expected in mountains of Cali.

Grammie sorry you are not feeling up to par, there are several things in this country that are weighing on many of our minds. Seems like there are no checks and balances anymore. Special prayer for you today.

Flo hoping we will one day get to see pics of that house.

Diane I have lots to straighten and organize, come anytime!

I have a couple machines that need service. May take one in soon. Paid off the contractor last night so maybe next month I will start taking them in. The replacement doors came and so he installed them. I am considering asking him to make an ironing station for me. Wondering what that would cost.

Having a hard time with motivation lately. I did get most of my stuff together for open sew on Saturday but no sewing at home. Maybe today. Off to fill the coffee cup and think about shower before caregiver comes.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:12 am

Good morning!

Sun is up and it is beautiful outside here in the very cold mountains!

Our handyman got the new cabinet hung for me and got the estimate to build all the pieces parts into my big island cin the Batt Cave. It is a go! Only one hiccup, the last cabinet needed is out of stock at my IKEA. The good side, is Sarah has the one I need and can do without hers until it is back in stock. The handyman also said he can work around the problem as well. He will wait to cut the final hole in the countertop for my sewing machine lift until my good machine is home from the repair shop. I will still be able to sew on the island as I do now. All this time in planning, I thought I would have a seam in the laminate on the island, but no, the laminate comes in a big enough sheet, so there will be no seam! Who hoo!

Not much new here, still plugging away on my quilt. I am preparing a lesson for church on Sunday as well.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”