Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat, Jan 2

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

Re: Sat, Jan 2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:59 am

Good morning all

Just took down rest of Christmas deco Glad to get my house back. Now I can sew for next few weeks LOL
Nothing else going on here . About an 1.5 inches of snow. Ice under but not bad.

Sharona glad to have you back . I miss people when they disappear.
Maryq I was having a problem with bathroom lol Started drinking more water. It seemed to help
I do not remember who told us about the table runner pattern But I have decided I will do runner plus the little wall hanging and make placemats. Will go with my snowman theme for winter. Thank you for your info.
Well I need a fresh cup of coffee My fanny is dragging from all christmas deco

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:10 am

Good late morning,

Jerry has the man flu, he may not make it, only time will tell. I hope he does make it, someone has to take down the Christmas tree. He's already sounding better but I bet come dinner time he will need someone to cook it.

Moose got me up this morning at 3:30. and when I got up to take him out he took my spot on the bed. Made some tuna salad and a green salad. I'm all ready for next weeks lunches. and now it's time for a chat with my girlfriends.

The plan today is to start that table runner that I mentioned yesterday. Jerry has a small table that he refinished. The table runner would be perfect for it.

Sharona, happy happy birthday. I hope your day is full of birthday blessings.

Judi, thanks for the Kathy updates. Gosh, I sure wish she would just get better so she could go home.

Valerie, you should make that table runner. You could use another UFO. Yay for having your granddaughter there. what fun. I sew the binding to the front of the quilt then trim the backing and batting. but that's me

Jana, ugh, glad Matt is doing better, hope the same can be said for Crenda. Curious, can they have the vaccine if they have the virus or do they need to wait.

Lyn, happy baby quilt making. Always to get a new baby in the family.

Sherry, my grandma also got a stimulus check last go around. I was thankful it was a paper check. She had died the year before so I wrote void all over the check and sent it back. Imagine trying to balance that check book.

Maryq, I never did organize my sewing room so there is still time for you to get here. I'll wait till you arrive.

Velda, how thick is the cording you are using to tie your quilts? when you wash the quilt will the cording unravel? Let me know, I am curious. I've used yarn and embroidery thread ( 6 strand)

Izzy, I've enjoyed your vacation. Saw the pictures on FB. Looking forward to seeing a picture of your bible quilt. I saw one online that was quilt blocks referring to the bible, Jacobs ladder, Garden of Eden, etc. interesting.

Maryz, boy I bet your sister will be overjoyed to be home. How many more days will it take to get there? Texas is such a big state, even when traveling diagonally.

Suzette, hope today is a warmer day for DH.

Lois, it is a cute table runner pattern, it is free for a month then in Feb a new one comes out. She has other monthly patterns too. it's a fun site.

Katy, that table runner is a runner each month, so it will happen eleven more times. It's good to be us isn't it? I'm going to go make mine in a few minutes

And, since I am caught up here I have no excuses but to get off my duff and start making a runne.
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:53 pm

It's been a rough couple days. I said goodbye to my furry pal Emma this morning. She was suffering silently in pain. We had a vet come the the house and it was a very peaceful passing. I miss her tremendously. She followed me around the house, and was my quilting pal. At least she is no longer in pain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:18 pm

Lori. Sending you big hugs ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž. Emma was a beautiful kitty. Bless you for doing the right thing! Making the decision to let our fur babies go and not suffer, is one of the hardest we have to make!!
Lyn/WeeOne

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:31 am

Lori so sorry for the Loss of your fur baby Emma she was a beautiful kitty who is now pain free up in heaven .

Lois

Return to โ€œSew insโ€