Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

New Year’s Day-Jan 1, 2021

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

New Year’s Day-Jan 1, 2021

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:56 am

Good morning!

After a stormy day yesterday we should be clear and sunny today, if still chilly. We will be pulling up stakes in a couple of hours and starting for Colorado. Praying for travel mercies!

Two trailers next to us partied Hearty last night And ended up vomiting only a few feet from our trailer. That was fun to listen to. Then someone was setting off fireworks that we watched through the skylight over our bed. Scotty whined and cried for an hour and Foxy ran through his kitty flap and hid in the storage bins below. It was a wild night. It’s sure too bad for those party folks that we have plans for an early departure, and a diesel engine that will need a long warm up. 😈

This is going to be short. Going to get a shower, breakfast, and get ready to roll. We have 250 miles to make. Y’all have a great first Day to what I know we all hope will be a much better new year!

Mary z

FlorenceM

Re: New Year’s Day-Jan 1, 2021

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:48 am

Morning Maryz & all to follow
Mary, how many days will you take to travel home?
I was asleep by 10 last night. Joe stayed up to pick up DS1 from truck stop where he parks his rig for weekend. So whole house asleep & I am having quiet coffee time.
Have a sew happy New Year.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:03 am

Flo, it will take us four days to get to Colorado, hopefully no more. After a few days there getting my sister situated at her home we will check routes and weather. It could take us four more days to get home thru WY, UT, & ID, or 10 more days if we have to go back south through NM, AZ, CA, & OR. It all depends on the weather. We simply do not do snow pulling the fifth wheel.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:19 am

Good morning, Happy new year.

Our new years eve was like any other night. Early to bed early to rise.

Jerry made me a pizza last night and the crust was cream cheese, parm cheese and an egg. It turned out quite well. He is learning new recipes.

I'm on the hunt for an Advent calendar pattern. My neighbor was saying she wanted to do one next year for her boys. I kind of think I have a panel in my sewing room, sure wish someone would come help me clean and organize, I'll be here all day, just show up.

Found a cute free table runner of the month pattern herehttps://suzyssitcom.com/2021/01/join-th ... along.html

This morning I will look for some free block of the month type programs, I need to get back into sewing.

Maryz, happy travels, hope the weather stays at your back.

You girls have a marvy day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:22 am

Happy New Year to everyone
Good morning everyone rainy here
Maryz Prayers for your day to be trouble free & all your travels to be safe
Hope your Sister does fine She sure has a devoted Sister
Flo Hope your family has a good New Year’s Day
We had 1 neighbor that shot a few fireworks yesterday afternoon & that was it I was surprised but I went to bed by 10

Hope all those who are sick are on the mend More here are getting sick after Thanksgiving Have a great day everyone
Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:35 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today will be a sew day for me I haven't been in here since last week so I'm looking forward to it.
Lastnight was just like any other night and we like it that way all thought when I got up to go tinkle fireworks were in full bloom but that didn't stop me from going back to bed.

Mary Z many prayers for all your travels.
Becca we are expecting another round of showers tonight and tomorrow.
Flo I love my quiet coffee time.

Well that's all the news from here.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:57 am

Good Morning kiddos are here and still sleeping...they stayed up I did not...
I got a message that our friend Kathy was moved to rehab and was there one day. She was promptly sent back to the hospital. I wish I knew more..but this has been third hand info,,,,prayers are needed it seems.
Todqy we will undecorate and hang around here,,,I think.....we may have to run to home Depot for supplies as the pantry and storage room may be ready to paint this weekend. I went through the paint bins and need a few new brushes and rollers...I need a can of good primer too...we also have to check on floor tile and glue for the new floors...we have some left over tile for the pantry but not enough to do the storage room. we will get inexpensive tile for the storgage, I am looking at vinyl plank flooring for the rest of the room.
Hope you all have a good new years,,,need to find something for supper. prayers for all of you...and my love for your friendship and kindness...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning all
Got up early 5 am new woodburner needed fixed before too much ice hit the ground .And of course to get hot coffee Yep we are in a ice storm. Still coming down started a little before 5. Then we are supposed to get snow. O well there goes my spring like winter LOL
Today going to take down rest of deco except tree I decided to take down tomorrow . Today going to pick out and cut fabric for block lotto. I decided on 30's for nine patch .
Maryz You are such a good sister. Be careful out there traveling weather is crazy.
Lois I too have not been in my sewing room for at least 2 weeks. But that will change this week. next three weeks is sew sew sew.
Chriss I am going to check into the table runner it looks cute. In fact the snowman block might make cute placemats.
Flo I too had a quiet cup of coffee Loved it.
Well I need to get my fanny in gear.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Prayers for Kathy

patches4

Post by patches4 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:15 am

Happy New Year to all my quilter friends.
I hope and pray 2021 is better for everyone. We traditionally watch the big ball drop on the east coast and ring our new year in an hour later and then to bed by one. Today is usually simple coffee cake breakfast and kinda on your own self serve as I love to watch college football games and the rose parade. Since a lot of that is not possible it will still be low key on the cooking and a sew day for me. Glad to be rid of 2020 all though the year made it possible to make 31 quilt tops for charity. Will like to keep that going this year too.

To all my quilter friends I have made through out the years, blessings to all of you may you be blessed as you are such a blessing to all of us.

Prayers go out for all in need mentioned and those not mentioned too. Safe travel to those traveling. Be well,safe and hugs to all.
Happy New Year
TinaB
Patches4

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 am

Happy New Year's!

We were treated to fireworks starting as soon as it got dark, around 5 pm to just after midnight! Must have been all the polar bears that live near me, they're the only ones fit to be out in those cold temps last night. We are at 15 right now!

Sewed until late in the Batt Cave. Sewed and squared up 170 blocks for this quilt. Also have the next color, 85 more blocks ready to assemble and then mark, sew and square up. Then one last color to do the same. That will be a total of 340 blocks. Then on to the main block of sewing the four colors together. Learned that I need to either finish assembly or mark what I did well, before making a project a UFO! Spent a bit of time rechecked my work. New Year's resolution, NO MORE UFO's!

So after that resolution, Sarah in cleaning up her new sewing space, brought me all the scraps for the baskets here and one of her quilts in pieces parts!

Matt is doing well and the last of his family, Crenda, tested positive for the virus. So far, she is doing well handling it. We pray it stays that way. This all started around the 13th of December and now will need another two weeks or so to be done! Kate and Aaron are both on the list of those to be vaccinated first.

We had a tiny bit of a storm and all the idiot drivers came out of the woodwork! Aaron's shift starts around 6 am and by 10 am, he and the troopers responded to 105 crashes! Aaron was called in on his normal day off to work yesterday. Aaron was on his way to a major crash, when the car in front of him, lost control, spun and nailed the wall. Aaron waved and had to leave the single car incident to attend to the bigger multiple car incident he was first called too. He felt bad for the guy. It was a busy day!

Stay Safe! Prayers!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”