Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December 31st - Happy New Year.

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: December 31st - Happy New Year.

Post by zfatcat » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:11 am

[Last day of 2020. It was definitely a different kind of year. I like to think of it as a year of different. Take away what we learned. Some good, some not. Not every moment in life is perfect. We have our ups and downs. What we take from it, defines who we become. New beginnings happen every day. Not just when the calendar changes over to a new year. So make the best of every day.

]
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:43 am

Good Morning Girls

I am Here. I could have sworn I typed a nice post yesterday... must have disappeared into outer space!

Suzette... Have you ever done a panel where you cut it up and then make it look like the picture is looking through a window? I have so little experience with panels but bought a cute Deer one for Nolan... I was going to make a bed quilt for him, but he got a new comforter set already... Am thinking I might make a wall hanging out of it for his room instead.

Lois.... Have fun taking down all those decorations! :lol: I love the Christmas decorations, but I really like things back to normal too!

Maryz.... How cool you know the guy that invented that pulse-ox thing! You know the test they do for thyroid level? The guy that invented that was one of my patients many years ago.
You gotta know that I will be sending all sorts of prayers for safe travels for you guys tomorrow.

Diane.... Foot surgery does NOT sound like a fun way to start the new year!!! Hope all goes well!

Judi.... Years ago... we had a treadmill.... made a great place to hang clean clothes. Good to hear your son is back to 100%... Now that's love... Ken coming IN to Ikea to pick up the vanity for you!!! What a guy!

Becca.... Isn't it great to have a kid close by to help with little things... like hauling boxes! My Kevin stopped by yesterday, but he was in a hurry so I may have to hoist my boxes by myself. As soon as it gets just a little bit warmer in my garage (We're supposed to get up to 37* on Monday) I'll put my boxes away.

Katy.... How Cow... you put on makeup?? I only put it on if I'm leaving the house... and then just my eyes, because with a mask on... who cares? :lol:

Jana.... I like Michael's way to celebrate the New Year.... lets kick 2020 in the ..... and get it outta here!

Here it is... almost 11:00 and I'm still in jammies... Better get in the shower.... am anxious to get down to sewing room and working on my new project!

Wishing you all a Happy and Safe New Years Eve... and Let us pray that 2021 will be a much better year!

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:51 am

MaryZ - the fabric is called Floral Pets Collection. I got it from Etsy. When I was looking for the fabric I have I saw ALOT of dog panels. Hope you find something.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”