Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday December 29,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday December 29,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:51 am

Good Morning ,
I'm up early couldn't sleep my back is still a little sore so today I will lounge around and try to do nothing.
Mary Zstill praying that everything goes good for your sister tina.

Well that's all the news here I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday December 29,2020

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:21 am

Good morning

Lois, I’m sorry to hear your back is still bad. Do you know what the actual problem is? Hoping today brings you some relief

Suzette, glad your brother, his GF, and Their pets are OK. Praying their truck and trailer can be fixed.

Well we brought my sister home from the hospital yesterday. What an adventure! Our 4WD truck sits high. Her leg is braced in a fully extended position. She can’t bend the knee. The bad shoulder adds another level of difficulty. But we finally managed to get her into our back seat where she laid down. Getting her out was even more challenging. Then up the steps of her trailer. But we did it! We took them supper and she went to bed. We think we might leave here January 1 and start for Colorado. I am hoping to be able to finish my Nanette blocks before I have to pack up my sewing.

Thank you again for your prayers. So far so good! And travel weather looks pretty decent for the next week.

Through all of this, my mind keeps turning to Kathy too. I pray she is doing OK and will soon be able to go home herself.

Mary Z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:57 am

Good Morning,,,Up at 530 a bit early for me but half of my chores are done...Ken left at 6 he likes to gt an early start before the traffic hits...Since he is a the rink mostly by himself, He does his thing and when other guys start coming in he is headed home by 2. Keeps his exposure to a minimum.
I will clean 2 bathrooms and do laundry today,,,then while that is going I will cut more pieces...it is coming along,,,next will be making 52 double flying geese,,then the block assembly.
Lois I just went to the Dr with hip and back pain and turns out I have bursitis...anti inflammatory and ice and stretching excersizes were the treatment and I am trying to do that,,,
Mary so glad your sister is "home" now to plan for the trip to Colorado,,,good luck and prayers,,
Update is that Kathy is still in the hospital and will probably go to rehab at the end of the week...Her sister is getting her mail from the house and taking it to her. so for now we can continue to send cards to her home..
off to get coffee and get my chores done...have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:48 am

Judi thnx for Kathy update. I glad she is doing better.

Mary i missed what happened to sister it sounds painful. Prayers quick healing.

Getting ready to head to beach now. Just thought I’d drop in for second hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:16 am

Good morning!

It snowed all day yesterday and now everything looks so pretty. Not much snow, just a few inches.

Started to finish a UFO quilt top. Most of the strip sewing was already done. Now I am cutting those, marking them, and continuing with the next steps. It's a quilt from El's Still Stripping book. Sorry I can't remember the name at the moment, fabric something is all I can think of. This one is for me, a quilt on our bed. Slow piecing with my back up machine, but I can at least still sew!

Matt is struggling against the virus. It has hit him hard. We are watching carefully his blood oxygen numbers, they are getting low. He has a friend who is a nurse and she has been working the front lines of treating Covid patients, so she is keeping a close watch.

Not much else here, picking up groceries and sewing.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:48 am

Good Morning

Just waiting on bad weather. Supposed to get snow which is ok. But we may get ice. Which makes it hard to fire wood burner but have salt.
Got my kitchen cleaned and this morning took deco down in sewing room. Almost there.
I decided I better get me dolled up to see chiro tomorrow. Washed my hair and did nails. lol I have not been taking very good care of me during this virus.
Jana Please watch Matt carefully My nephew ended up in hospital due to oxygen levels and he had trouble
breathing.
Darn Izzy I wish I was on a beach. Hawaii perferably LOL
Judi Thats what I have to do too. If I sit it will stiffen up , I put heat then ice on my back .
Lordy Mary Your poor sister . At least she has all you to get her home.
Well nothing else going on here today.
More coffee Please
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:02 am

Crenda just called, Matt is on his way to the ER. His doctor wants some x-rays to see what is going on.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:34 am

Jana prayers are being sent for Matt for a speedy recovery.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Update on my Matt - they are keeping him for a few days. He does NOT have Covid lung - just the starting of a secondary infection of pneumonia. They are giving him antibiotics and steroids. The Dr. tried first to bring up the blood oxygen level with just using additional oxygen, but it wasn't quite enough.

Thank you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated and prayer does work!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Jana, what a relief. Hope he gets what he need to get better.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”