Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, Dec 28

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Monday, Dec 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 am

Good morning, I’m having one if those insomnia nights. 😵

Things are progressing here. My sister is still in the hospital but she’s learning to use a walker which surprised me given that her shoulder hasn’t completely healed yet. she is still pretty weak. I think they are going to keep her at least one more night

Suzette, how is your brother and his girlfriend after the wreck?

Lois, you said things are almost back to normal. I haven’t seen normal for a year and a half. How is your back?

Judy, are you all tangled up in your Christmas ribbons? With a project like that I always label everything, too. Sure hope Ken can get into an oral surgeon. Maybe someone will have a cancellation. And I do hope you get to go to Florida.

Katie, glad your Boo is better. Hope your nephew and his kids will all be feeling fine soon too.

Chris, my gosh, girlfriend! 45 pounds is an incredible accomplishment! I think I can speak for everyone here-you have our admiration! You have incredible willpower to resist all those goodies Jerry makes. How is he doing on smoking? And how did the little boys like their presents?

Jana, good decision to give the wood projects away if you aren’t doing them. Gives you a lot more room for Fabric,. I finally realized I would never do leather working again and sold all my tools and materials to a good friend who has become quite a good leather artist. And I filled up that space in my craft closet pretty quickly!

Mary Q, oh bummer that you still can’t get your poor Janome going. I hope it’s something simple, quick, and inexpensive. And 30s scrappy log cabin. Three of my favorite things! Thanks for heads up on your friend in Thornton PD. CurrentLong range weather forecast looks like clear traveling weather for us all the way to CO.

Lori, did you choose your new pattern? dare I ask? 😬

We had a nice Christmas lunch outdoors with Autumn yesterday. A good visit, and a few gifts. I gave them their quilts (a QOV for Antonio and the Paris quilt for Autumn. ) and they both loved them. I did make one error though. I thought Antonio had been a lieutenant in the army rangers. And he says he was. Just before he was promoted to captain. He didn’t seem to mind, but I hope I have time to fix his label before we leave.

Today I am going to brave the Goodwill store. I will be looking for a couple of skirts or simple dresses for my sister. She can’t get pants over the big brace on her leg. If nothing else I will look for Wide leg sweat pants And we can slit the leg if we have to and attach ties. And I did get about 30 minutes of sewing in yesterday. Still working on my Nanette gnomes.

Hope everybody has a full bobbin today, all day long!

Mary z

suzette58

Re: Monday, Dec 28

Post by suzette58 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:36 am

Good morning.
MaryQ - usually we take decorations down the day after New Year’s.
MaryZ - my brother and his girlfriend and their furbabies are fine. The trailer needs some work on the hitch. The truck may or may not be totaled.

How is everyone today? I was working on the dog quilt and ran out of the fabric I am using to frame the dog pictures. That is the danger of using leftovers you may have. I am going to the LQS and hope they have it. I think it is Kona Cotton. The LQS is mainly a batik shop but I might get lucky. Well, I am off to catch a quick snooze. I will try to check back later.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:26 am

Good morning Maryz and Suzette,

Mary Z what I ment by normal is we are not going out anywhere we are back home and my overnight bags are put away as far as that normal goes I dont think that will be only God knows.
Lastnight I fell asleep early got up about 12:30 to go tinkle then i did aerobics till around 3 then I got up at 4:50.
Today I'm not doing anything besides trying to straighten up my sewing room.

Mary Z my back is coming along so 1 more day of taking it easy should do it.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:07 am

Good morning I am up dressed and hair is even combed...Just need to post here and go down for coffee.
We (or I should say Ken) made a ton of progress cleaning up his stuff...He is border line horder and realized unless he gets organized his man cave will never get done. so he made amazong progress yesterday sorting through years ans year of memories. He used to have seats at the Datona 500 every year with my DBIL...they would go to the race and me and my sister would visit withmy mom and dad...all have passed away and Ken wouldnt go but he has programs ear phones and diecast cars form the races..and name tags and things all in bins...He also hangs on to every charger and wire. Not sure what he will do with all this stuff but at least there is much less of it, He doesnt even watch nascar much anymore...he also emptied the storage closet that will be my new pantry,,and got rid on more stuff. I spent a good part of the day cutting the new ribbons quilt...it is complicated and tedious but I am going slow and after one booboo I am confident this will be a sweet quilt...(I actually rounde up the order of fabrics just in case so I have a bit extra, Phew!
Today I will do a couple of returns the sink we bought for the basement bath is just too small...and I can return it,,,I also have returnable bottles from the holidays to return and a few groceries to pick up...well off to get coffee and get going.. hope you all have a wonderful day,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:38 am

Good morning!

Not really up, hiding under a warm cuddly quilt. Cold outside, 25, and I am waiting for the heater to come on and warm the house.

I have my to do list prepared for today. Need to get back in the habit of my list. I am much more efficient that way.

Sarah is enjoying finally getting all her sewing back out and where she can get at it. Her sewing room is getting full. She still needs 2 more cabinets from IKEA, but they are currently out of stock. I have the ones she needs, but they have planned use here.

I organized my stash of rulers - I have a ton! Found I was missing a ruler, so will order it's replacement. I have 3 drawers full of rulers! A square up ruler drawer, a drawer of my rectangle long rulers, and a drawer full of specialty rulers, flying geese, triangles, dresden plate, scallop and wave, etc. My drawers are shallow, about 4 inches deep and 24 inches wide. I have lots of rulers!

Figured out my next quilt project - I have two railroad engine panels. There is a large center picture of a steam engine, surrounded by smaller pictures of engines. I am going to separate and then re-arrange them into a quilt for Michael. I have coordinating fabrics, one is railroad track, so it will be the sashing around the trains. Glad I have a big design wall!

Not much else here,
Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:31 am

Happy Monday, what a great day it's going to be today. Not sure why just yet but it will be what I make it, and I'm going for great.

My neighbors had an uncle who died so their Christmas was delayed. they got home last night and I don't know what the plan is yet. I want to get the boys their gifts but don't want to interfere with their mourning time.

I took in some more shirts but think I will wait a little bit to do more. I have about 5 done and don't really go any where so don't need a lot of clothes. I think maybe I need to take them in a little more

Lori, what quilt pattern did you pick out? I love gray, so many colors look good next to it.

Maryq, sounds like your Janome really needs some love. is it time to replace it? Bet you are looking at new machines, what are you wanting?

Maryz, was Autumn the daughter you were giving the china to? Too bad they still don't have those wrap around pants that were popular when I was a teenager. the back wrapped around the front and tied with a string, the legs were overlapping and they would have gone over a cast easily. Might be easier to take in something big legged at the waist. you are a nice sister. Jerry hasn't had a cigarette since he quit. I'm very proud of him.

Suzette, hope you find the fabric you are looking for or at least something you can use.

Lois, so glad the back is coming along.

Judi, glad Ken is unhoarding. Jerry also is a borderline hoarder. Nice to see the empty space where clutter once was.

Jana, that's a lot of rulers, do you use them all? The RR train quilt sounds nice, Michael will love it.

For me it's time to get ready for work. Monday is a busy day for me so it will go quickly. I want to make a plan to use up the fabric in my sewing room but will I go through with it? Maybe we need a sew along or something?

You girls have a super duper day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:33 am

Good Morning All
We have learned nothing about my x's seizure. They took a cat scan it showed nothing. He said cobwebs.
The Dr said to check with heart dr because he thinks difibulater may have caused it. So nothing new on that front. He tested negative for Lymes disease.
Boo I have to take out a lot because he is on water pills.
Maryq I am in the process of taking down decorations now. Will be done New Years even the big tree. This year should not take long because I did not use my good ornaments but purchased plastic. Due to Scooby.
Scooby is now 8 months and 12.5 pounds. I have to remember he is still a kitten. A very large kitten LOL
He is the most loving kitten. And yes I still rock him.
I have been cleaning as I take down deco. and change to snowmen. I want to have everything done by Sat
Then I intend to sew for three weeks. Bathroom and my bedroom done. Going to do kitchen floor this morning. Also some washing to do.
My back seems to be holding in there even though wood burner is going.

Well I need to grab one more coffee before floor.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

PS Is anyone making a new years resolution?
Mine is to collect things for my next years Elf in Secret Santa next year. At least one thing a month

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:32 am

Good morning all! No snow here but lots of cold and wind. Good day to stay in. My knees are really hurting this morning which they do when it is so cold. Also 28 years on the floors at work didn't help either. I will leave my decorations up for a couple of more weeks since i didn't get them up until second week of December. Will do some cleaning today but not a whole lot. Still tired from Christmas.

Katy - Sorry about your x"s seizures. Hope they find out soon. Sounds like your Scooby and my Sweetie are about the same size, and alot alike. Sweetie is 2 years old now and doesn't mess with my ornaments on the tree. To be safe I put the really good ones at the top. Hard to believe it has been 2 years since someone dumped Sweetie in my yard in the middle of a storm. She and Smoke are best friends and they both crawl up in my lap when I am reclined and sleep. I don't make resolutions anymore because I never seem to keep them.

Chriss - I agree with you about being positive today. With all that is going on in the world we need to keep a ray of hope.

Jana - I also need to get around and organize my sewing room. I bought myself a small flat screen TV and Roku for the room to watch while I sew. That was my Christmas present to myself. Have fun organizing.

Judi - I also have hoarded some things over the years and am now trying to either throw out or organize. I do hope Ken can get a surgeon soon and gets fixed all right.

Lois - Glad your back is feeling better.

Suzette - Glad your brother, his girlfriend and the furbabies are fine. Hope they get truck and trailer fixed all right.

Maryz - Sounds like your sister is making progress. Will keep her in my prayers.

Well time to go get lunch. Now that Christmas is over my Rizzoli and Iles is back on Lifetime. Also my Closer will be back this week. I missed them when they had 2 months of Christmas movies on Lifetime which I didn't watch.

Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers for those who need them.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:55 am

Good Morning Girls

Got my coffee.... hoping that it will kick in my ambition this morning... It's laundry
day! :lol:

Maryz.... Good to hear they are keeping Tina one more night...though sleeping in a hospital bed isn't all that comfortable, some one will be there to keep an eye on her for another day. When you head home from CO, which direction will you take? NOT over the mountains I hope. Check out KUSA.com. It's a local TV station and they have lots of news about weather and traffic..

Suzette... That's when I usually take down decor too... New Years Day... But I started yesterday and am taking it slow. Want to make sure everything it totally organized... seems every year I find things in February that should have been packed in a Christmas box. Hope you find what you need at the LQS... if not... well, it's fun to go there anyway right?

Lois.... Sorry you were doing aerobics in the middle of the night... Too bad it probably doesn't count :lol: Glad your back is doing better!

Judi.... I never understand folks that buy just exactly what the pattern says. Don't they know that "stuff happens". But then I do things kind of backward.. I buy fabric first then look through books to find a pattern. Poor Ken, having to clean out his stuff. My Dad was a bit of hoarder too... When we cleaned his office... (in 2002) we found canceled checks from his Mom's account... she passed in 1987. Also every tax return he ever filed starting in 1945! Those were interesting!

Jana.... Holy Moly... 3 drawers full of rulers? Do you have a favorite? I think I use my 24x6" the most... with a lip edge.

Chriss... After 45 lb... you deserve some NEW shirts!!! My Janome is only 3 years old, so I sure hope it is fixable and I don't have to replace it. I have to call the shop and see when they are open this week... and then hope the roads are clear and dry... looks like we're getting more snow tomorrow!

Katy.... I often think about making a resolution... but I know I will break it by January 15th. So I try to set goals instead. I keep a list of things to do over the winter and it feels so good to check them off. Closet cleaning comes to mind! Hope they can figure out what's up with your Ex.

Sherry.... So you "Secret Santa'd" yourself.... like that car commercial... "To Sherry, from Sherry" I have to have a TV in my sewing room... I need the noise... way to quiet in the house.

Now my coffee is cold, so better go get a refill and get going on the day... There's a few tote boxes in my living room and I need to clean up then head down to start the laundry. I did dig out Jen's old 30's scrappy project... she had about 8 blocks sewed, so I sorted through the remaining strips and I'll see if I can duplicate what she started.

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:45 am

Afternoon everyone.
Believe it or not I found the yellow fabric. Not at the local shop but one that isn’t to far away. I am so glad! My husband overheard two ladies talking about the LQS near me. Apparently her husband is not fixing the machines correctly and she never comes in the shop anymore. She has some health issues and he does too. Not good for business.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”