Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, December 27th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, December 27th

Post by suzette58 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:00 am

Good morning everyone.
Things are getting back to normal after the holiday. While I was doing the Maytag Mambo yesterday I was sewing. I started a dog quilt for my brother’s girlfriend. She runs a dog rescue and a food bank for pets. There is a panel that has dogs with flowers either on their heads or around their necks. They are so cute. So today I will get back to my exercising and sewing some more. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am off to get another cup of coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, December 27th

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:11 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,

Things are getting back to normal here also still trying to get around with my back I think I might go back for another adjustment on monday will see.
Today I will go down and wash clothes so Suzette I will be doing the mumbo also.
Mary Z so sorry to here about your sister prayers are going out for a speedy recovery.

Well it's time for more coffee.
Everyone Enjoy your day .
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:26 am

Good morning, everyone!

Lois, so sorry about your back. Sewing is so hard on our backs. I’m afraid my own chiropractor can get a second boat now! I hope you feel better soon

Sue’s, the dog quilt will be adorable

Well we have made major plan changes. We were going to leave Wednesday, go 450 miles Further south and stay for the month of January. But after using me, playing the part of my same-size sister, and practicing trying to get me into the truck without bending knee or using left arm ( broken shoulder) my brother-in-law was kind of at wits end. Her braced leg won’t fit into the front seat of their pick up. So he’s going to Home Depot for lumber. Will borrow tools from the camper who lives full-time next to us, and build a platform in their narrow backseat area for her to lay down to ride. He’s going to remove the front passenger seat. Until that is done he will have to use our truck with a full backseat to bring her back from Hospital today. We decided to cancel South TX and follow them back home to CO. They need help. And when we told them our plans they both seemed relieved and much more relaxed. And now so do we. So we will stay here 4 extra nights, leave Jan 3, and then make our nervous way to Colorado – 1000 miles. Please pray for good traveling weather for us.

Better news is that we will finally have Christmas with Autumn today! Yay! She and her friend, Antonio, are coming to our campsite and bringing everything back that we took to their house prior to Christmas - gifts, food, and champagne.

I did manage a bit of sewing time and got the caps and faces finished on my Nanettes Gnomes yesterday.

Life! Ya gotta laugh cuz if you don’t, you cry. So we’ve decided to laugh and thank the Lord we are here, healthy, and able to help! 😆🙏❤️

Mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:04 am

Good Morning,
Lois sorry about your back and I feel your pain...my back and hips are a mess some days..
Suzette dog quilt sounds so cute.
Maryz praying your change of plans turns out for the best,,,you are so right we make plans and God Laughs.
Ken will wait for a word from the oral surgeon before we make any more plans, I would love to get to FLroida this winter haven't seen my little sister in 2 years...but none of the surgeons we called are available till Feb, we didnt go last year because of covid and now this year due to this. my camper needs to be used and it has been sitting idle most of the time....
Good news is I pulled the fabric out for the Christmas Ribbons...(Hexi is done except for the quilting) It is complicated and matching the fabric to the pattern is going to take a while...I am alway terrified of the first cuts...there are 10 different fabrics and amounts,,,I had to search high and low for this fbric so I dont want to make a mistske,,,labels every where,,, Since my quilting machine is packed and covered for the basement remodel, I can get these 3 projects done before I even get to quilt them.
Well I think I may join Ken for coffee. hope you all have a great day,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:33 am

Good morning all
Sorry I missed you for Christmas I had a computer problem. So a very late Merry Christmas.
We all had a nice Christmas. I did not loose anyone in fact Boo is acting better. I guess heart meds finally kicked in. Funny story I always get Boo new toys and put in bags He got up and headed for tree not wanting to go out. I had to stop that since he is on water pills he needs to go out quickly. LOl But as soon as he came in he ran for the tree. I did not over do this year on gifts. Only got what was needed and told my family not to buy me clothes. I needed a new heating pad and I got one.
I am so glad to hear most everyone had a great time. Sorry Maryz about your sister. Its hard to have someone get hurt. I am also worried about Kathy She was my secret Santa this year. I pray she is doing better.
My nephew finally got over the virus now the four children have it. One is only 2. So a few prayers for Cohen would be appreciated.
Well I have chatted long enough lol Gonna take down more decorations My kitchen will be turned into Snowman land.
Off for another cup of coffee
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:53 am

Good beautiful morning, It's still dark out but when I took Moose outside this morning there wasn't a star to be seen in the sky. It's going to be either cloudy all day or perhaps we will get rain. I hope it's rain.

Got some more shirts taken in yesterday, will work on more today. I also have a couple of piles of scraps I want to tackle. I think first I need to adjust the tension on my machine. My bobbin and top thread aren't playing nicely.

Christmas was pretty uneventful. Jerry made turkey with all the fixings. I considered cheating on my diet and he didn't say a word and let me make up my own mind. I only had turkey and salad and Jerry told me he was glad and would have supported me whatever I decided. all the trimmings would have been wonderful but I'm glad I passed. I'm down 45 pounds and almost half way to my 100 pound goal. I'm embarrassed to say how much I weighed in the beginning but if I say it out loud I am owning it and moving forward.

Is anyone doing a block of the month or a sew along this year? I'd like to know what you are signed up for.

Judi, thanks for the Kathy update. glad she is having rehab. Congrats on the upcoming great grandkid. I'm with Ryker, I hope it's a girl. Mud in the basement, doesn't that mean that the end is in sight? yay.

Valerie, so glad you had a nice Christmas. Those tutto cases are nice, does yours have wheels. what kind of a machine did you get. it will be nice to have something light weight to take with you.

Diane, sorry about the leak, it is frustrating. Christmas in April sounds wonderful, hope it happens

Jana, I just love Amazon. Are you making an organizer for your car? I recently cleaned out my counsel and glove box. and I put these rubber drawer liners in the cup holders and cubby hole. Nice to not have things roll around. Glad the family is regaining their health.

Sherry, what a great Christmas. a cookout. will this be a new tradition?

Maryq, sorry Jen had the Christmas blues. and with Covid in the mix it's harder. wish I could just give her a hug.

Suzette, I need to get back to exercising too. the panel with dogs sounds cute.

Lois, We have laundry going here too. Perhaps you Suzette and I can bring a hand project and meet in the laundry room for a sew and chat?

Maryz, merry Christmas. glad you all are going to get to have your Christmas. Nice of you to follow your sister home. She will really appreciate it I'm sure.

Katy, glad things are getting healthy at your house. How is you ex? what was the reason for his seizure? are you still taking care of him?

I hope you all have a superb day. I will be in my room, feel free to come join me.
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:57 am

Good morning!

Church starts in a few minutes. The last of the Christmas programs I arranged. Then on to the new year and a time change to start a bit later, which is nice.

Not much here. Cooking on how I will keep my fat quarter bundles in a easy place in the Batt Cave. I have lots of room, just trying to see the best way. I have a ton of wood projects that I will be giving to Kate. These projects are a hybrid method between scrapbooking and tole painting. I tole paint, so therfore I am a bit picky on how these should look and I am not happy with them, but Kate, Sarah and Crenda love how these wood crafts come out. So that will free up space for more fabric! Always need more fabric!

Church is starting,
Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:25 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh OH.... it's snowing! Not that I was going to go any place today... but ... guess I won't complain tho.... I Don't have to go to work! :lol:

Suzette.... What ever normal is... I'm looking forward to getting back to it too. When do you take down all your Christmas decor?

Lois.... Take it easy on your back! Sunday is a day of rest right?

Maryz.... Oh my goodness.... My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bill and your sis and Al! I am so glad you guys are there with Tina and Al... can you imagine them trying to do all this on their own? I'm sure you guys are checking maps and weather reports. My BFF lives in Thornton, CO and works for Thornton Police Dept... I can give you her phone number in case you need help!

Judi.... Oh gosh... I so feel your "pain" not wanting to make the first cut... or for me it's even trying something new with really good fabric... so afraid I'm going to totally screw it up. Sure hope Ken can get into DDS sooner than February...

Katy.... Glad you were able to get computer problem fixed so you can come back and check in! Will send some prayers for your nephew and his kids... Gotta be so hard for little guy to have Covid.

Chriss..... 45 POUNDS!! OMG that's amazing! last time I lost 45lb was on WW back in 1979 after Jen was born... then oooppppsss got pregnant again! But so worth it... I have my Kevin. You must have HUGE Will power... to avoid all the treats that Jerry makes.

Jana..... boy I am so with you.... always need more fabric! The thing is, once it's all lined up and organized on shelves etc... it looks so pretty and I don't want to mess it up by actually USING it!

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday.... put some blocks from an old UFO together. My Janome is So broken.... the hand wheel won't turn at all... like something is stuck or locked up... so I am a little :( . We're supposed to get snow a few times this week so not even sure when I can get her down to the shop. I can piece with my little Elna, but it's not quite big enough to do quilting. So I may dig out another UFO that Jen started a while back and see what I can do with that. It's a 30's scrappy log cabin I think.

For now I need more coffee and a shower... maybe a nice shower will motivate me to get in gear and do a little "un decorating" took me a week to get everything up... will probably take me a week to get it all down.

Wishing you all a Happy sunday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:06 pm

Chriss, you are doing great with your weight loss. Kudos to you. I sure hope we get some of the rain that is predicted. Did the boys next door like their presents?

Maryq, I need to hit the shower as well. Sometimes it motivates me, sometimes I just want to nap after.

Judi, I bet you'll be glad when the basement is finished.

Lois, I sure hope your back stops hurting. That's no fun at all.

I need to pick out a quilt pattern today. I have some greys I want to use up. It sure looks like rain here. Hope it comes down to the ground.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”