Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday December 24,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday December 24,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:46 am

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone,

Yesterday I made a trip to the chiropractors my back went out so there I sat with my heating pad it's slightly better so I couldn't sleep so I'm up.
Today will pack an overnight bags and get ready for tomorrow.
I also have to get ready for tonight's dinner and make desserts for tomorrow alot to do but I will pull myself together and press on.

Suzette how is your brother and his girlfriend doing.
Has there been any news on how Kathy is doing?
Well that's all the news here.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Thursday December 24,2020

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:52 am

Good morning!

I didn’t make it here yesterday. For some reason I just could not get on the forum and finally gave up after two hours.

Suzette, I was so sorry to hear your brother had an accident while towing his trailer. What happened? Were they injured? Was the truck totaled? How about the trailer? Did it overturn? This has never happened to us, knock on wood, but it has happened to friends of ours and I know What an accident like that could be like and I really feel for your brother and hope he and his girlfriend are OK.

Lyn, hope the boat repair isn’t too big deal. I saw your quilt in photos. I know your sister will love it!

Mary Q, got snow? Do Kevin and family still plan to come for Christmas?

Judi, how about you? Any snow? Poor Ken! I really hope he can get in to have his tooth fixed before February. How is your poor pet pig feeling? 😉

Chriss, Does Marilyn graduate in June? Does she have a job? I hope your fog clears so you can check out the Christmas skies tonight. We have been cloudy so no Christmas star here. 🌟

Autumn’s Library has been closed to walk-in patrons since March. But they do have curbside pick up and they try to have a weekly craft kit prepared to tuck in with kids’ books. In January, for MLK, they will be giving out little kits to make friendship bracelets. Guess who got volunteered to make the kits! So yesterday Al & Tina, Bill and I were busy at the picnic table. Bill had a board and put a nail in each end, 40 inches apart. We wound embroidery thread around those two nails, snipped it, coiled it up, and tucked each coil into a little Ziploc. Each kit consists of four strands of embroidery floss, each a different shade in a color family. Kind of tedious, but fun to help my daughter and make some kids happy. All totaled, this will be four or five hours of work. We will finish today.

We are having a pork roast dinner with my sister and brother-in-law tonight and tomorrow we are taking our outdoor stove and making pancake brunch in autumn‘s backyard.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And a special Christmas prayer for our friend, Kathy.

Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:14 am

Good morning!

Still dark and cold here. We should have snow with the temps as low as they are! 16 is just a bit cold!

Not much for me today. Just put the roast in the oven and make the rice. My girls have everything else. Sarah is feeling great. Gets tired easily and still has problems fitting in her pants from the post op swelling, but that is disappearing daily.

The controller for the train went and broke yesterday. Ethan got to run it for a time before it broke. We will find a better one in the next year for next Christmas. Ethan and Grandpa tried all their bag of tricks, but it still was not working right.

So, Merry Christmas Eve! Enjoy however you celebrate! There is much to be grateful for!

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:27 am

Morning
Lots to do today and all in Kitchen. Need to make apple strudel, 2 pies & a giant cookie which is Joe's present. Plus make supper and get the French toast casserole in fridge ready to bake tomorrow...I am tired already.
Have a Merry Christmas Eve
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:39 am

This morning I'm going to make a quick visit to my lqs. The women there are friends and want to wish them Merry Christmas. I don't think the store will be busy today. Everyone is doing last minute shopping (food).
I have gifts to give Laura and my nephew, Nick, for tomorrow. The wind is picking up and the heavy rains are due in the afternoon so I want to go out early and get back before the storm visits.

Whether you have snow or rain--I hope everyone has a great Merry Christmas.
Stay safe.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:09 am

Merry Christmas everyone rainy here with temps dropping today and snow is coming Hi tomorrow Low 20s
Praying for Kathy & all who have Covid & Suzss Brother and Girlfriend
We are expecting a FaceTime call this morning early from our DGS so I must run
Merry Christmas. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:23 am

Good morning Chrissy said Kathy was doing ok. rehab has started to get her moving,,,so she must be doing better,,,that is all I k now.
I did get 2 borders on the hexi quilt and put away all the spare flowers I will not use...for another time. Sewing room is cleaned of wrapping paper and tape and ribbons. gifts are all under the tree, food is all prepped I will need to put the pet pig in the oven and fry up the dozens of peiogi and make the scalloped potatoes..and set out the appetizers...the girls will bring the sides and I will warm the rolls.. we will eat around 530 then the gifts will be opened. we usually sit and visit for a couple of hours after that,,,kids remenber all the christmasses past and the parents remember spending the night putting together toys...somewhere in this house are some home movies of christmases when our kids were young of Ken playing with all the toys (to make sure they were working properly) my sons and daughter now have those same memories of their kids..
heres to many moreChristmas eve and Christmas day celebrations for all of us,,God Bless us everyone,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO.

CarolineQuilts5

Post by CarolineQuilts5 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:45 am

Good morning all!! Cold here. Nothing going on,just planning for tomorrow.Just hubby and me,the kids live too far now and have to work,some tomorrow,some on Saturday,since they are in health care.We are just gonna bake a chicken and have some stuffing and gravy and such.All of you have a Blessed Christmas,and stay safe!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:03 am

Blessings on Christmas Eve

Just waiting to hear when DGS will be here. A few last minute things but mostly just routine stuff. Santa packages to wrap and then that is done. Need to remember to get my roast out so it will thaw.

Anyone know how to contact Amazon? I tried going to customer service button but what I need is not an option. I had DBIL package delivered, Amazon turned it over to the USPS whose tracking says it was delivered to his mail box but he says it is not there. Very frustrating. He is in South Jordan Utah.

Glad to hear Kathy is starting some PT. That is a good sign.

Hope everyone's Christmas is joyous and blessed. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 am

Good Morning Girls

******MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE***********

Oh what a difference a day makes! WE HAVE SNOW! And lots of it! Hard to tell how much really, as it was super windy (50mph gusts) so there are drifts every where. But my sweet neighbor has already done my drive way... his snow blower broke, so he, wife and kids came over and shoveled! Gosh I love those guys!

Lois.... Oh gosh... so sorry your back went out!!! Doesn't it just figure when you have so much to do your back decides to give you trouble. Hope it feels so much better with a little heat and rest!

Maryz.... Being such a ninny about driving on snowy roads.... I may have to tell Kevin to stay put, tho he will probably ignore me. MN does such a great job with plowing, but as I checked traffic cameras on line this morning... there's still a lot of ice on the highway. How fun to be able to help Autumn with her project! Heck.. just to sit outside at a picnic table sounds wonderful... it's 7 below here!

Jana.... So sorry about the train... I bet Ethan is bummed... I'm assuming that the controller makes everything go.... If Michael can't fix it.... time for a new one!

Flo.... Holy Moly.... You will be spending the whole day in the kitchen today for sure baking all that! I cheated, I bought 2 Sara Lee pies at the grocery store.. Apple and Cherry...

Diane... Hope you get all your errands run before a storm moves in.... Did you get in and out of the LQS without buying anything? Is that even possible?

Becca... Wishing you and all your family a Merry Christmas..Enjoy your face time call! Ain't technology great!

Judi... That's what Christmas is about... being together and sharing such fun memories! Cherish every moment!

Caroline... Quiet day at your house too today? I've got Christmas music playing to get me in the mood. In a few minutes I'll probably turn on all my Christmas tree lights just to help.

Valerie... Oh gosh I hope your BIL can find his package. Sometimes when they say mail box, they really mean door step. USPS has a contract with Amazon to take over some packages and even do Sunday delivery of some.

I did manage to pin a small quilt yesterday, but after that I crashed. It was a do nothing day.... ended up on the couch about 3pm and watched TV all afternoon and embroidered my State Flowers.. Only about 12 more to go then they will be done. Wonder how long they will sit in the UFO pile??? Only a little clean up to do this morning, will run the vac just before the kids come tomorrow, so think I head down stairs to sew a bit.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Return to “Sew ins”