Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday 12/22

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Tuesday 12/22

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:08 am

Good morning.

Here I sit outside Walgreens in Walnut Creek hoping to get some pain med for a patient in Vacaville. Pharmacy reopens at 2AM. Guess I won't get a lot of sleep tonight.

DD is still testing positive for Covid which is normal I guess for a bit after you recover. Health department says she can still potentially pass it on and considering dad's age it's best if she does not come down. So no Christmas with the baby this year. We will hopo things will work out for her birthday in May. Dad just isn't as well as he was so all we can do is pray.

Probably no sewing till after the new year. DH did get me a light weight machine so easier to take back and forth to classes and open sew.

Any update on Kathy?

Will get some more gifts wrapped today. Might just go find a little tree somewhere, throw a few ornaments on it and call it done. With just us, no sense putting up the big tree.

Best go see about this Rx, 45 min drive to Vacaville then 30 more home.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday 12/22

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:53 am

Good morning,

Valerie, so sorry about your Christmas plans. But best to be safe. Hope you made it home oK and got a few Z’s.

Chriss, yes Autumn’s tree was decorated. The teen girl she is mentoring, Sammy, and I did it the day we took the tree over. We set it up on the front verandah and decorated it there. After we left, Autumn moved it inside and I believe added a few more ornaments. Did you get those stockings made for the little boys? Has Richard heard about the new job yet? And where is it and what is it doing? Is it the job in Oregon city?

Judi, how did Jeff’s 4-hour exam go? are you making the popcorn garland out of thread or yarn? One year I crocheted about a dozen snowflakes from white thread and hung them on the tree. I love having handmade things on the tree and around the house. Did your two Christmas packages arrive yet? I am still waiting on a package I ordered from QIAD 2 weeks ago. I believe USPS is using tortoises to make deliveries this year.

Mary Q, yes, I think pickles would be a better thing to do at home. I have never made successful pickles but I am ever hopeful. 🥒 That is great that Kevin and family can come for Christmas! My family always liked funky menus for Holidays. One year we were all about Mexican food. Another Italian. One year we went Hawaiian and once was traditional picnic fare.

I did not sleep much last night and was up at 3:30 PM. We are going to do laundry this morning. I try to get to the laundry room by 0600 so we don’t have to wait for machines. Masks are required but most people don’t wear them in there so I don’t like to share the place. Hoping, since it will still be dark, we might be able to see the Christmas star.

We are going to Autumn‘s later this afternoon for a glass of wine. She is about 25 minutes away from our park.

Time to hop in the shower and then get busy on the laundry.

Piece!
Mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:54 am

Good morning Valarie and all who follow,

Today will be a couple of errands then back home I'm going to try and go to my sister's and drop her off some of my cookies today
I have to get rid of some of these :lol: dont want to have them all hanging out here.

Valarie I hope you didn't have to wait to long to get into Walgreens.
Well that's all the news for today.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Mary Z you snuck in before me I hope you get your wash done and have a great day at Autumn house drink a glass of wine for me.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:34 am

Good morning 😀

Mary no goats yet I’m hoping she delivers before we leave Sunday for SC.

I make some hot bread butter pickles. Yummy n crisp learned a trick. Put a grape leaf on top before sealing and helps keep crisp. Yes it works 😀

Got hand quilt done last night been binge watching NCIS and quilting till midnight past two nights today will put on binding then deliver. 🥰 🧵

I still got to wrap grands gifts snd dh has to put together his train table. Yeah he is spoiled 😂😂

Got skirts to make for dd today will cut them out. Also have to make her chew toys for her anxiety 😥 poor girl got dr calling in her Ativan refill before we leave on trip

Well nothing new here we too watched star ⭐️ so bright n beautiful

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 am

Morning
Today I have errands in Morning then after lunch I will be at kids house. Joe needs to work on plumbing vents through roof, so I will be his spotter. Safety first.
We gave the kids their Christmas gift Sunday, a furnace for house. It is used, we bought it from a heating contractor, but in mint condition. Houses our here in country are propane not natural gas. Originally they were going to use vent free stand alone heater that came with house. This is central forced air furnace. Better and permanent solution.
Time to get moving.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:10 am

Aw geez....I had a post and I erased it,,,went to scroll and I hit something that made it go poof...Kimber ly texted Crissy that Kathy was the same in a regular room and up in a chair...no visitors so that is all we know. will update as we hear. I usually talk to Chrissy and she updates me when she hears anything,
I have a regular dr appt today for routine check? Why didnt I reschedule it? off I go. At least there is no contact with others there,,,you wait in your car till you are called...then go straight to the exam room.. with a stop at the dreaded scale.
I did sew the last row of the hexi last night sashing and borders are next,,then it will be put away till my quilting machine is available...it is covered and protected for contruction in the basement.
When i get home I will start setting up for Christmas eve,,,we have 20 and it gets crowded...but no one has really been anywhere except the same places we have been,,,those that are working have been tested recently and are negative...we are safe and have been around each other all year..My son who had it is doing well he says his taste and smell are still affected but coming back. he tested negative again,,,we are all planning on taking the vaccine...if and when we can...well I need to get myself presentable..hope you all have a great day,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 am

Good morning!

We too watched the star last night. Went up to Sarah's and looked through the telescope. Quite a sight! Joseph had attached his camera and has some spectacular pictures as well. My silly Ethan thought it was boring, he told me he had seen those planets lots of times. Then I explained the rarity and then he was watching and no one else got a turn! You still have time to see them, for the next couple of nights, just at sunset, for about a hour or so. Look 8n the western sky, just to the south.

Kate finished Aaron's quilt. She did quite well using my LA. So now my sewing is done. I do have a order coming for elastic to sew more doll clothes. But those will be a just because thing.

Not much else here. Andrew, my 15 y/o grand is doing well after testing positive and now we wait on the results for the rest of Matt's family's tests to comeback.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:26 am

Good Morning Girls

Is tossing and turning in bed at night considered "aerobic exercise"? Gosh I hope so, because then I sure got some good exercise last night!

Valerie... Doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the night.. in a Walgreens parking lot! I suppose the Pharmacist was on his/her lunch break. Hope you were able to get some sleep when you got home.

Maryz.... 1/2 of what kept me awake in the night was trying to figure out Christmas Day dinner... Those frozen turkey breasts are so easy... but one won't be enough... If I can't find another one, we may end up with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! :lol: Lasagna seems to be a traditional thing here when the kids come for dinner.... so we'll see!

Lois.... Think I'm going to throw my cookies in the back of the freezer... come June I'll find them and be so happy! I've eaten way too many already... I just don't have the hand for decorating them pretty so I wouldn't try to give as gifts... Neighbors are getting cranberry bread again this year... it's another tradition.

Izzy.... got a chuckle out of you binge watching NCIS... Can't tell you how many times I've seen all the episodes.. many many for sure... My favorites are the older ones with Tony and Ziva. Remember the TV show "Mad About You".... I'm in the middle of binge watching that one. Oh and by the way.... Grandparents are supposed to spoil! It's in the job description..

Judi... Thanks for the update on Kathy. I sent her a card, but am thinking it's at her house with all her other mail. I'm guessing she may be away from home for a while. Anyway we can find out what hospital she is at? Don't you wish they would skip that scale part... I mean who needs to know you've had a couple extra cookies!

Jana... How cool you got the see the star. In the summer time I love to see out on my deck and stare at the stars... The only ones I recognize are the big and little dipper. I'm going to look out on Thursday night and see if I can catch it. We're going to be cloudy until Thursday... snow on the way tomorrow.

Never made it to the laundry room yesterday except for a load of towels... so that's where I'll be today after a quick run to the grocery store. Did manage to get a quilt that Jen started MANY years ago almost done quilting so will finish that today and putting binding on tonight. Another OLD UFO bites the dust.

Time for more coffee and a shower...

Wishing you all a Bright and Happy Day

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:16 am

Good morning all! Today is my baby Doug's 51st birthday. Boy do I feel old today. Where has time gone? I remember bringing him home from the hospital on Christmas Day just like it was yesterday. Doug is the one who served 30 years in the Marine Corps. He called me before he laid down for a nap because he knows I always call my sons and sing Happy Birthday to them in a "crappy" voice. I sang to him as usual.

Not alot planned for today. Went to Meijer's yesterday and got all the stuff I need for our Christmas dinner, because I knew they would be really crowded. Since i worked 28 years at Kroger's I know how bad it gets closer to Christmas.

Val - Sorry about your Christmas not happening. Will pray for your DD and your Dad. Hope you got the prescription that you went for all right.

Maryz - Did you see the star? It was too cloudy here to see it. Hope it is better tonight though won't be as close.

Izzy - Hope your baby goats get here soon and are all right. Would love to see them. Did you enjoy your NCIS marathon? I like that show also as well as NCIS New Orleans. I have a friend who is an NCIS "junkie".

Crissy - I must have missed about Kathy being sick. What is wrong with her?

Maryq - Our Christmas dinner is going to be very simple this year. Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, green bean casserole, French fries, and ice cream. We had so much at Thanksgiving that we couldn't eat so decided to make it simple for Christmas. Works for me.

Well, time to go get some lunch. Going to watch a couple of my Christmas DVDs today. Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”