Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday December 20,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday December 20,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today I will be getting the rest of dinner for the holiday we are having dinner down my son's and on saturday I will be making lunch for everyone at my house and so we have to go get more stuff .

Yesterday I didn't do 1 blessed thing but sit around and be lazy I guess we need that sometime.

Mary Z your house quilt is so cute the other day they had a quilt as you go house pattern from Missouri star and I couldn't resist it so I bought the templates and the pattern .

Well I must go and get ready I want to go to the store when they open.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Sunday December 20,2020

Post by suzette58 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:09 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday we had a great time at our granddaughter’s 7th birthday. Today I am going to start making my Christmas treats for our family get together on Christmas. I am not sure how much sewing will get done this week. Oh I forgot, I have presents to wrap as well. Goodness, I am so far behind this year. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:31 am

Good morning

Lois, every now and then we all need a lazy day just to recharge. So what’s going to be for lunch at your house? I saw that pattern at Missouri star. And watched the video. I didn’t order anything though. I think I have enough for now.

Suzette, seven years old! Happy birthday to your DGD! I can vividly remember my 7th birthday. I got a fishing pole and a navy blue and burgundy book bag for school. Decades before backpacks became the thing. And despite two house fires I still have that fishing pole!

Mary Q, what kind of pickles are you making for Nolan? My oldest grandson, Drew, really likes my homemade applesauce so I try to make that for him every now and then.

Chris, this morning I reread your post from yesterday and finally got your molasses joke!😝. I’m slow, but I eventually get there!

Izzy, sorry you had a bad day. Praying things get better for you once we kick 2020 to the curb.

Jana, your sewing island will be such a great place to work and store your stuff! My mom loved divinity, too, but used walnuts. Sometimes cherries. She didnt make it every year though. Sometimes PNW weather can be pretty damp.

I did get a picture posted of my village. First the phone wouldn’t cooperate and then the wind tried it’s best to foil my photo shoot. Yesterday I started cutting Norm & Nannette. Last night we had a baked potato bar at my sisters and then a marathon game of Mexican train.

Still no word on my computer. Starting to get a little antsy about it because it has only nine days to get finished being fixed and shipped to us before we leave this park.

Have a super Sunday!

Mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:11 am

Morning
Got about half the baking done yesterday. My knees are just not as young as they used to be.
Today may be more baking or a day off...don't know.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:57 am

Good morning It is warmer today and most of the snow is gone again...we expect rain. dont care....lol I just didnt have the quilting mojo yesterday or anything else either,,,we had tuna sandwiches for supper and both of us retired nto our respected tv rooms...I started watching a video when another followed I was watching a lady make crocheted popcorn for a tree garland,,,it looked cute,,,,went to the cupcoard and found some white yarn (left from the tying of quilts days) pulled out some hooks and tried it...they are cute but my popcorn is rather big,,,to the bead drawer and have a whole box of "cranberry red beads...these were from taking apart some old costumes and saving the beads,,,I still need to get rid of some of this stuff,,,bu I might just make a garland for the tree next year just to use up....untill my sewing mojo comes back...and it will.
Tomorrow I have DD and the kids and dogs all day....Jeff is taking a 4 hour exam and he will need absolute peace and quiet....so they will hang out here,,,,maybe we will bake cookies or some other very messy endevor...what ever, I need to get moving fro a trip to Menards for some plubing fitting for the sewer down stair...I do no envy Ken hooking up the new toilet to the old sewer...Pray all goes well....(clothespins for our noses might be in order,,,, well have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:17 am

Good morning!

Today is my brother Tommy's bd, Sandee's dad. He loved Christmas! He especially loved being the Santa for all the little kids to come and sit on his lap at church parties. He never needed any padding! We miss him!

Got my backup machine moved over and been sewing on it. It's a very good machine, but oh, do I miss my thread cutting function and that the presser foot goes down automatically when you start to sew! I keep reminding myself that I need to put the presser foot down , makes for some interesting thread knots if I don't!

Church is a bit later. Then I will add the binding to the last quilt gift for this year. I need to put away all the fabrics that are helter and skelter before my handyman comes tomorrow. He will need to see the space as it should be, not how it usually is! A mess!

More snow is on it's way today. Michael is researching tires for my Highlander. We hardly have any mileage on those tires, but the rubber gets more brittle as they age and become less able to have good traction in the snow. Not a good thing in snow country. These are the original tires and my car is 4 1/2 years old now, with less than 25,000 miles on her. Don't want to have Aaron to have to rescue me out on the freeway! He and Daniel both said, new tires, now! We are!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:49 am

Good morning everyone!

Will be working on Dad's expenses today, I have to drop them off at the VA office no later than Tuesday. I have most of them put together but it's the VA and it has to be on their forms.

Yesterday I got some fabric picked out for the Dresden plate class I signed up for. It's next month. Will wash what hasn't been washed and cut what I need so I can put the rest away. I also need to run the vacuum today and mop.

Mary I will have to go look at your house quilt. I have that pattern and am glad to hear it goes together quickly. Sorry about the computer, I would be lost.
Oh Suzette yes the presents, I really need to get them wrapped. DD did get a motel room reserved in case she comes but DGD likes to stay here. The presents are in the RV all over her bed!
Chriss, I did not get the joke yesterday but went and reread it, yes now I get it, that is cute. Sometimes I am a bit slow.
Izzy sad to hear about your bad day. Hoping you can get back to your old self soon. One day at a time.
Grammie have never heard of crocheted popcorn. Will have to look for a youtube video.
Jana stay warm in all that snow. I have a time too trying to sew on machines other than my Janome. DH did get me a new light weight machine for taking to free sew and classes so we will see how that goes. I just can't lift that big Janome anymore.

Well best go to my car and get the stack of papers from the VA so I can find the form number I need to fill out and get that done. Yesterday I was till 2pm caring for Dad before I could get to anything else so need to get an early start. I did get his labs and kidney function is still down and his A1C is up to 6.6 (had been 6.2). We are not feeding him any different so I don't know what is happening. I gave him 1 1/2 of his diabetic pills yesterday to see what happens.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:52 am

Good Morning Girls

Can you believe this... I'm UP...Showered and DRESSED, all before 0930!

Lois.... You are so right.... some days you just need a "do nothing" day... especially this time of year when every thing else is so busy!

Suzette... It's funny... the years I had little kids around the house, I was so ready when Christmas came.... all organized and wrapped (except for something forgotten in a closet), baking done etc... Now that it's just me... I'm behind too! Thought gifts are wrapped... and baking is done.... still need some finishing touches on a meal.

Maryz... Oh Gosh,... I so hope your computer comes in time!!! Is it being Shipped to Autumn's or to the park? I have this awesome recipe for pickles that you only have to wait 24hrs before eating! I made some last summer and Nolan loved them. It's just vinegar, water, sugar and pickling salt, boiled, cooled, poured into jars with dill, garlic and I add onion! Bam.. .24 hours later they are so nummy and crisp!

Flo.. Oh man, I so hear you about the knees! And hips....Luckily me, I inherited the arthritis from my Mom.

Judi.... Ah yes, not to worry.. your Mo-jo will come back... doing another crafty thing while you wait for it... great Idea. Do you ever use Mary Ellen's Best Press.... Viv was telling that she gets it at Menards for only $5. a bottle! That's pretty reasonable, considering it's 10 bucks at Joann. I was going to stock up and get a gallon... $50!!! Can you believe it!

Jana... Thanks for reminder about tires! My car has 47,000. miles on it with the original tires... probably should get them checked out. But then I never drive in snow if there is ANY way I can avoid it! I think that's the thing I love most about my Janome... thread cutter. She still needs a trip to the spa, but she's feeling better these days.

Broke down yesterday and made a double batch of cut out sugar cookies.... today I will throw a little frosting on them... I have cookie cutters of the alphabet and Corinne and Nolan love getting cookies spelling their names. Finished the borders on one more quilt yesterday.. one I think I'll have Viv do for me next time I see her. Once I get the cookie mess cleaned up, I think I'll go down and pin a Christmas quilt.. and maybe work on that this week... appropriate don't you think.

Am anxious to hear how Kathy is doing.... Lots of prayers going for her that she will recover soon. Her sister is nearby yes? Perhaps Kim can travel up to help care for her?

Time for more coffee .....

God Bless you all with a wonderful Day

Return to “Sew ins”