Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, Dec 18

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Friday, Dec 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:10 am

Good morning!

Lois, I hope there were lots of walnuts in those chocolate chip cookies! 😋. How much snow did you get?

Judi, let’s see if we can walk on each other again today. happy birthday yesterday to Ken! You only got 2 inches of snow? You were cheated! I hear you on USPS. I am still waiting for a package from QIAD That was supposed to be delivered last Monday. The Frixion pins they had on sale. Hope they get here soon because we are leaving this RV park in another week and a half. Did you finally get all your pierogies made?

Becca, always a good feeling to get that list of errands finished. I’m happy you found a good doctor that you both like

Jana, hearty congratulations to both Scott and Aaron. You must be so proud! Gosh, I am too! I even got to meet your Aaron once!

Chriss, you make a good “grandma” for the boys next door! And yes, we were at the store for senior hours at 6 AM. Autumn says that no one else is up at that time but the seniors! 😝. I made my mac & cheese last night a little differently. I added 4 ounces of diced green chilies. Everyone seemed to really like that. Maybe you could make a dish similar using spaghetti squash or your chopped cauliflower. If you like green chilies, that is.

Flo, I hope the trip for the furnace went smoothly and also furnace installation.

Ann, A bug yay on Paul’s clear results! So funny about the “purple dress“! Did you get Kathy‘s address?

Mary Q - I know you were gone yesterday with your friends, Tom and Viv, to the Fabric warehouse. I am anxious to hear about that expedition!

It was a busy day yesterday but I did get two more rows of little houses together. 6 done, 5 to go. We have no other plans for today so that will be my project. But I am getting itchy to dig into my Elizabeth Hartman gnomes.

Be happy, stay healthy!

Mary Z

Becca

Re: Friday, Dec 18

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:45 am

Good morning everyone I’m up due to no sleep. Got up with the chickens

Maryz You are speedy on your Village
It will be done soon Glad you had time with Autumn
Chris You will be a great Auntie Enjoy your Christmas time with them I’m sure they will love it
Maryq I’m sure you had a good time with Bi & her DH
Kathy Praying for your healing
Flo I Hope the furnace got installed
Grann Glad your DHs scan was clear That will make Christmas better
DHs Blood work wasn’t good He goes back next Tuesday to recheck This. Dr is on the Ball

I plan to bake today & laundry Hope your day goes. Well Prayers to those in need. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 am

Good Morning,,it is still dark and cold we got a few more flakes yesterday and the grandkids stopped by to see grampa on his birthday, Ryker was here and he went sledding,,,it was so good to see kid prints in the snow again,,,,It was dark but we have flood lights down the hill so one run was made....after he just sledded around the yard. no snowman as it got too late, not much snow to roll. Colleen and her bunch are bringing supper over for us tonight, ( she said we do not need stuff for our birthday and she is correct) so she brings her dads favorite meal (mexican) I am tidying up the place today ran the sweeper this morning,,(at 6 am) I too was up with the chickens...since no one is home here I got the upstairs done and the last gift wrapped.. i will do a bit of laundry and try to get the last of the piergogis made...cherry and blueberry,, I am only making a couple dozen so i wont take long...I have the ham and all the fixings bought so I am ready. Not having things opened and worried a bit about covid I seemed to get all of the christmas stuff done early this year,,,we stayed home a lot this fall...basement is coming along,,,I think dry wall will be going up.
My son lost his furbaby yesterday and they were too upset to come over,,,we love our grand puppies and this was Pudge a shitzu mix...he was 11, a great little dog. well i will get dressed and move to the downstairs to get things done,,,Have a wonderful day,
No further update on Kathy yet,,,as soon as I hear I will let you all know. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:44 am

Good morning!

Heck, I'm up before the chickens here! LOL!

Almost done with my gift sewing here. Kate finished up the top she is making for Aaron. She started this t-shirt quilt before Gracie was born. Gracie turns 6 in February. Kate knows how to sew a little bit and wants a sewing machine so she can fix things at her house. All my girls can sew, which is nice.

Now for your "better sit down " laugh of the day. Sarah needed Stu's help in moving her sewing supplies, stuff into her new sewing area in the basement. Stu agreed and then asked, if he could use her sewing machine to make a doll for his girlfriend's daughter, Chloe. Stu said he wanted to brush up on his home ec skills. What home ec skills? Sarah and I guess, that Stu thinks that sewing skills are passed on by just living in a house with someone who sews! Oh, we are laughing so hard! Stu has never, never sewn anything! Ethan can sew, he made a quilt, Stu, nada, nothing, and I doubt he can even thread a machine! Today's attempt will be interesting! Stu has learned well in how to get his mom to do it for him, which in turn, means, I will be involved too. Smart boy! Your laugh of the day! More report tomorrow!

We got several inches of a storm that was supposed to miss me. More snow coming. Looks to be a whie Christmas here in the mountains of Utah.

Sarah had a post op check with her surgeon. She is healing well and is released to do what she wants. No heavy lifting for awhile, but food can be her friend again! She is happy! Celebrated with a run to Costco for veggies. First thing she wanted was a Caesar salad.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:05 am

Morning
Furnace install hasn't happened yet, maybe next week but it is in place.
Yesterday Joe got wiring done on kids house, waiting on inspection. We also picked up a dinette set & 2 dressers for them off Facebook. Now they have all the basics they need to move in.
Today is stay home day, so darn i have to make lunch & supper.
Coffee is done.
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:47 am

Good morning 🌄
I am a bit late. Made an early run to Walmart for a return and a few things for self to use a gift card. Got two pair if sweatpants and two long sleeved T' s so I have ssomecozy warm things to wear. 😉 In and out quickly, not people contact. Even did self check. I used to hate the self check but now with Covid, well it's a good thing.
Won't try to reply to all. Saying prayers for everyone. Enjoy your sewing and enjoy your families.
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:11 am

Good morning Everyone,

I'm a bit late but as they say better late than never :lol: .
Today I have 2 more batches of cookies to make no Mary z no walnuts in the chocolate chips this year .
After the other 2 batches my cookies will be done I didn't double my recipies with covid we won't visit with anyone :oops: .
Then in the afternoon I want to go in my room for a while.

Well that's all the news here.
Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 am

Lois, I think I might bake some cookies today too.

Jana, I sure hope you post a picture of Stu's doll when he gets it done.

Judi, so sorry about your son's dog. Losing our furry one is always difficult.

Chriss, sounds like you got yourself some good neighbors. Enjoy those little boys.

I'm going to finish quilting up a small snowman quilt today. Then maybe get the binding on it as well.
We shall see how the day goes. But first, the boys need to be walked.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:59 am

Good Morning girls

Yup, I'm still here! Still in jammies, but soon I'll get up and shower and get going on the day.

Maryz... Normally I cut the PO a lot of slack... especially this time of year.. but they have been just weird lately. I ordered some Glide thread, from North Dakota... when I called to check it on... the tracking said it went to Florida! Seriously??? Had a great time with Viv at the warehouse... spent way too much $$$ but got backing for several quilts. Viv took 4 home with her to quilt for me. Tom also made me the cutest little Quilt Ladder! I'll have to post a picture of it!

Becca.... More baking at your house? I still trying to decide if I want to make some cut-out cookies... one of my favorites!

Judi... I so agree... fun to see tracks in the snow in the yard again... Was so fun to watch Corinne and Nolan make a snow man in my yard... it's been so many years since kids played at my house in the winter... We still have none on the ground, tho I hear we may get some next week..

Jana... Cute story about your Stu! He never did really take a home Ec class? All kids here do, but the only learn how to sew a pillow! I have no doubt Sarah will be sewing a doll... and nothing like waiting until the week before Christmas!

Flo.... Is there much more to do at the house once the furnace is up and running?

Velda... I'm with you... not a fan of self check... but for a few items and no contact it works perfect.

Lois.... Do you normally make double batches too? I mean if you are going to go to all the work of making cookies in the first place... why not double up. But this year... without being able to see anybody or having company for coffee and cookies... why bother at all! :lol: :roll:

Time to take the shower.. then I'll head down to laundry room and finish washing all the fabric I bought. The warehouse had some beautiful fabric that I couldn't resist... a gorgeous red. But you can sure tell prices have gone up! Noticed that even at Joann. At the warehouse, the prices are 1/2 of the bolt price... but fabrics that used to be 12.99/yd are now 13.99. but at 1/2 it's 6.50 and I can live with that, and it's all brand name like Timeless Treasures etc. They even have some beautiful FQ packs 20 for $40. which is a good deal I think.. cheaper than Joann icky FQ's .

anyway... I bet get going

as always... wishing you all a Fabulous Friday

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:36 am

Happy Friday, although woke up thinking it was Saturday for some reason. I did have to make a middle of the night jaunt to Napa so maybe since I had to sleep twice????

Accomplished everything I took to free sew yesterday. Had to come home a pull a few other things to work on for today.

Home ec classes have not happened here in years. It's really sad. None of my grandchildren had them.

I am not sure about Christmas yet. My DD will be tested this AM to make sure she now tests positive. We are in another lock down with stay at home orders. But really want the opportunity for Dad to be with Rosalina at least one Christmas.

Well, would like to stay later but need to leave in an hour and still in PJ. Went back to bed when I got back from my little trip and then got up way late.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”