Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, December 13

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, December 13

Post by suzette58 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:49 pm

Good morning everyone
Well, yesterday I was ironing fabric for my next quilt project. My younger brother’s girlfriend runs a dog rescue. I found the panel that has dog pictures with flowers and hats on each dog. Well, ironing the fabric was as far as I got. Hubby came down and suggested we go look at the new Ford Bronco. Well, looking turned into buying. We got the first one in the state of Virginia. They are not being produced as quickly as Ford has hoped. Of course it is due to the virus. It is wonderful. So today I plan on sewing the binding on the wall hanging that is part of the wedding present and hopefully get started cutting the dog quilt out. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

purrfect-lady

Re: Sunday, December 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:14 am

Good morning

Suzette, congratulations on your new bronco! What a great Christmas gift to yourself and Your D H. What color is it?

Chriss, congratulations on needing to take your clothes in 2 inches! I am really am admiring you for how you are sticking to your diet. You deserve an entire new wardrobe! Or Perhaps the fabric to make one. 😉

Jana, praying that Aaron gets his new job. I know he would love for him to be off the highways

Judi, did I read you are dividing up your hexies into two quilts? That would look nice on twin beds in the guestroom.

Sherri, my brother-in-law that is here camped with us, says the same thing has happened to him with his TV. He said when he gets home if he can’t get the Broncos game he will be canceling his TV service

We had a fun time with Autumn yesterday. But the party is over. Today is rainy and we have an over flowing basket of laundry. 🧺. Time to get busy as soon as the coffee kicks in

Have a super Sunday!

Mary Z

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:08 am

Hello everyone foggy here We had some rain last night
Suz I’m sure you will enjoy your new vehicle Enjoy
Maryz Glad you had a nice day with Autumn Hope you get your laundry done

It’s Church this morning so I must get moving Hope everyone has a wonderful day & if you are like me each day I get a little more done for Christmas
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:30 am

Good morning It is cloudy and 32. We slept in today,,,I have to get going soon it is Periogi making day at DDs house. Since hwe kids decided they like them we will make them for Christmas. It is always fun to get together with kids and teach them new traditions. today will be potato and cheese , Kraut, and fruit, The boys know how to cook them so we will have them do that,,,,and the in laws want a few too so we will make a bit more. than last time they freeze well.
My reindeer pattern came yesterday and some fabric for the Christmas ribbons quilt...I did sew a couple of rows on the first hexi quilt, They will go on the bunk beds in the kids room. There are 3 beds in there so I guess a third quilt will be in order one day...Liam has the top bunk (his and only his he says) he has 4 different quilts up there, Nolan rarely spends the night here any more so we might have to re think the guest room one day. Sadly they out grow the need to slleep over at grammies.
Well I need coffee and to get dressed...I have a few fillings to make. and head over to DDs...I will take Liam home too...He and Ken did a lot of wiring last night,,,we have the bathroom and storage room electrified,,,and Liam got some practical skill to go with the class he is taking..
Hope you all have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:48 am

Good Sunday Morning.
Suzette: congratulations on new vehicle.
Maryz: glad you are enjoying family. Oh, my how the laundry piles up!
Becca: Enjoy church. We have church at 9. I have to get laptop set up for Facebook. We will hook up a HDMI cable ( don't ask me what it stands for), but hooking that up displays on TV. Makes it really nice.
Judi: I went to a cooking demo with my daughter-in-law once and watched how they make those perogies. Wow! That's a lot of work, by my standards, but I can see where doing it together could be a whole lot of fun.

DH and I have the house to ourselves today, as our son is visiting with his new girlfriend's family. We are so happy for him and her for finding each other. We know that this is a match made in heaven. God put these two souls together!
I have made lots of cookies this year. It's been fun. Nice big kitchen and space to spread out.
Well, better get more coffee. It will be church time soon.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:58 am

Morning
Today its back to work at kids house. Don't know when I will have sew time. I am still down with a cold.
Have some sew time for me.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:04 am

Good burrrrrrr morning!

It's about 11 outside and more snow is coming later in the day. That storm will be just behind Stu as he heads home here from Boise. We need to take his car to him at the airport, where he needs to drop the rental car. Stu has been gone since the week before Thanksgiving. We would have just driven him home, but he wants to stay away from all of us, just to be sure he doesn't bring the virus as well.

Church at 9 for us, and then Ethan will pack up his things to go home to his house. He is still asleep at the moment. Not much else here.

Suzette - what fun a new truck!

Well, staying under the warm quilts,
Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:34 am

Good Morning Girls

Yes, I'm finally up... I was going to get up the 1st time I awoke, but closed my eyes for 5 minutes and dang if I didn't wake up 2 hours later. No sunshine here this morning and that's usually a motivation for me to get out of bed.

Suzette... Congratulations on the New Car!!! Don't you just love that new car smell? Does it get to be YOUR car... or DH's. since you are working on a few different panels... I might need your advice on how to do them.. I found 4 panels as I was sorting through stuff the other day... Like how to you figure out what to put around them?

Maryz.... Did you get Autumn's tree up and decorated? For your sake, I hope the laundromat it quiet and you can load up a few machines at the same time! are you going to wash all your new fabric too while you're there?

Becca..... I THINK I am done for Christmas.... just might bake a couple more loaves of cranberry bread, and have decided I probably won't bake cookies after all... unless the bug really hits me. Just need to make one more Target run for groceries!

Judi....Sounds like pierogies are as "fun" to make as pasties! Maybe a little more "puttsy" that pasties... and they do sound good, except maybe for the 'kraut.

Velda.... Oh what fun news that your DS has found a girl! He sure deserves some happiness!

Jana... What a thoughtful kid.... your Stu... to not want you to pick up at airport, but just bring him his car.. Will cross my fingers for Aaron too, that he gets that new job... will be great for him to be off the roads!

Got to Facetime with my son in Canada last night.. Sounds like it's going to be quiet a while before I get to fly up there. They are all on a tight lock down... no restaurants, no beauty shops, limited school and DD is working from home again. Up there, they will fine you $1000. if you have people in your house that not family! Though I don't know how they check on that.
My Nolan was exposed and Kevin just got his results that he is negative, but Nolan's cousin Daniel at the same exposure got it. Not sure I'll even get to see the kids for Christmas... unless it's warm enough to sit out on the deck 6 feet apart to open presents, or maybe I'll set up a table in the garage. I could take out my old Christmas tree and set it up out there and put presents under it!! :lol:

Spent a good part of yesterday sorting all my Christmas swap blocks... looks like I didn't have them by year, so they were a mess. But I now have 5 sets, plus some spare blocks all ready to go... well sort of.. need to dig around for sashing and borders and I know I'll have to pick up some backings.. but at least the first part is done. Since my Janome is acting up I don't know when I'll get to actually quilt anything, so I'll just piece them on my Elna and be ready when I can get my Nomi fixed!

Time for more coffee... then since I really didn't do any chores after all yesterday... I better at least run the vac and mop the floor today! UGH

Wishing you all a Blessed Sunday

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:22 am

Pierogi making was postponed till tomorrow,,Nolan said he didnt feel good last night and Colleen doesnt want to take any chances...so we will make them tomorrow. if he feels ok. He has asthma and sometimes it is just from walking in the cold air he feel breathless..and he had both dogs sleeping in his bed too...(havanese are hypoallerginic dogs) but they still have hair....and can still trigger allergies. so we will see how he feels tomorrow.

Return to “Sew ins”