Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, Dec 12

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Saturday, Dec 12

Post by zfatcat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:22 am

Mary, what a great story about your Aunt Ida. Things were different back in the day.

Chriss, please send some rain south. I miss it.

I need to head out the door and walk Mr. Jack. He is pacing.

Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:34 am

Chris I would get some new satin ( maybe someone here has scraps you could applique the new satin over the old shredded patches and embroider around the edges to blend it with the old...I do by the way have a few pieces of white and sage green I think...I was saving them for a crazy quilt but you can have them if you ever decide to restore the old quilt/xxxooo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:28 am

Good morning!

Sarah is doing well. Sore and tired, but that is to be expected.

A few clean up chores that the elves left finishing up the decorating yesterday. A good vacuuming, then later the train.

Heading to sew. I have a dress to make for Emma. Not a hard pattern, so it should go quick. I hope!

Chriss - I just use a straight stitch from one hem, the bottom, to the hem on the sleeve. If it needs more or less as you go, I adjust how much I make the new seam allowance. Works on dresses, as long as there is not a pocket in the side seam. I even know a trick to shorten jeans, but you and I don't need that!

Aaron's cookies came out delicious. He shared with Michael, his favorite cookie. The girls helped add snowflakes to my windows. Lila kept trying to undecorated my tree! Aaron applied for a new position in his current job, a move up to the boss of his department. It would take him off the freeway, which I think, as a mom, would be a good thing! We will see what happens.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”