Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Dec 10th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Thursday, Dec 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:27 am

Good early morning!

we were 81ยฐ here yesterday and will be almost the same today. What a nice couple of days! We leave here 3 weeks from yesterday ( Dec 30) and will another 400 miles south to town of Donna, near Mission for month of January. Between you and me Iโ€™d rather be going home but Bill really wants to do this ( we have good friends there) and I had no reason to rain on his parade except homesickness. But come Jan 31, we are headed north!! ๐Ÿ˜

Jana, did you get your snow yet?

Mary Q, you were up! Good for you, girl! yes, Autumn is working but her library is closed to in-house patrons. People call or order books, just like curbside service from a restaurant. There is a staff of four people Fulfill the orders, process returns, etc. Itโ€™s always the same 4 people that work together but those teams of four rotate. Autumn is the director of the library so she works full-time, half of the time from home and half of the time at the library. I made Christmas masks and tissue covers for her group.

Judy, any sewing going on yet? Well, at least you are sacrificing your sewing time for a good cause - your new family room!

Yesterday we walked about 2-1/2 miles ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ, all within the RV park. I cut fabric for my village houses, ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ•Œ๐Ÿกwe played a game of Mexican train ๐Ÿš‚, and then had tacos in my sisters trailer. ๐ŸŒฎ Today will probably play out about the same except for the tacos.

Wishing you all a Fab Friday!

Mary z

suzette58

Re: Thursday, Dec 10th

Post by suzette58 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:45 am

Good morning MaryZ and those that follow.
This morning the dogs have a spa appointment. I have a Christmas t-shirt on with Dalmatians and a Christmas wreath. My brother gave it to me when is was a firefighter. I am trying to get in the mood. Hopefully it will work. When we get from the doggie spa I should be able to get the wall hanging finished and put the binding on. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:57 am

Morning
Area for concrete ready to pour, masons will be here about 1 for that.
Our truck still being sick. So joe has my Fiat again. That means I get to sew! We are starting to think about replacing our old truck. Joe hasn't had time to look at it.
Have a sew great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:12 am

Good Morning,,cold here but not snowing, I have a little cleaning and some laundry to do...I may bake cookies today, 3 kinds are on the menu today shortbread, Choc chip, and oatmeal raisin, not sure if I will get all 3 started or not...then I need to decide on supper. Tacos sound good but I would need to run up to the market for that, no biggy they are close.
Yes Mary I did get some sewing started,,,,I laid out the hexi quilt and starred at it, trying to decide the lay out I want to use, and I did order 2 fabrics for the Christmas ribbons quilt. that counts for something,
well n ot much else to report, looks like the vaccine is getting closer, I have been seeing a lot of fake stories about people dying or nearly dying in England from the vaccine,,,I am not buying all these fake stories,,,I will take it when it comes out,,,those in my family that have had the virus and there are several are all fine with no residual effects, we have also first responders and they all will take the vaccine as offered...hope you all are well and safe,,,looking forward to the Holiday. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:50 am

Good morning Iโ€™m hopping in car headed to judis for fresh cookies ๐Ÿช she is making my 3 favorite ones ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Nothing new here. We tried to cut live tree on Saturday with lil man. Needless to say the 10 ft tree wouldnโ€™t fit in 7 ft basement when we cut it down it fell apart oh my the giggles I got watching DH piece it together with screws, yes you read that right then stand it up in stand just to bust out laughing. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ oh I cried in laughter for good 20 min as we drove around farm in search with no luck for another so ordered the dreaded plastic version, been spreading limbs for two days. Lights and ornaments to go on tomorrow with lil man.

Working on DH me and dd stockings this year got the kids made last year. Why am I always last lol almost done.

Now to get ornaments made tonight ugh Iโ€™m so behind again.

7 more days then Christmas break, DH off 2 weeks too we are so looking forward to beach vacation. I sure hope sc is warm I donโ€™t care if it snowed Iโ€™m sitting on beach lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

Well better get my butt in car to travel m
North for cookies want to be there as grammie takes them out of oven ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅฐ

Hugs ๐Ÿค— prayers ๐Ÿ™ happy stitching ๐Ÿงต
๐Ÿizzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:21 am

Good morning everyone sunny here
Yesterday Wren spent the day We played School She colored played with Dolls & we baked Sugar cookies
She wasnโ€™t ready to go Home It was a fun day
So today I must get busy on my neighbors gifts Iโ€™m making strawberry bread
Valerie Iโ€™m sorry about your DHs loss
Izzy Your tree search give you a good laugh
Thatโ€™s worth it all Hope your vacation is a great rest for you both
Sherry It is a different kind of Christmas this year I think for most people
So glad you have your DS close
Kathy I hope you got plowed out
To everyone I hope your day is safe & you get to sew or at least do something fun
Hugs to all. Becca

Maryz Iโ€™m sorry you are Homesick

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:10 am

Good morning everyone! 36* this morning, should get up to the 65's or so. Possibly rain by the weekend. We really need it so if you find yourself with some free time, can you please do a rain dance today?

Open sew again for me today. I love going to these as I actually get things done but also get to hang out with other quilters. There is a limit of 6 in a classroom meant for 24 and we wear masks all day so I am comfortable. I will finish up my latest quilt and call the quilter and see if she can take it. I had it done the other day except for pressing and then I questioned if I had done the back right so I started to take it out, then I thought, well maybe it is right. After back and forth I put it away and then laid it out on the floor when I got home with the back, It is correct. Just need to resew what I took out and then press. Also bringing a couple of bags to finish up. One for DGD and one for Rosalina's mom.

I did some shopping online last night. I will be home Friday when most of it comes so I can watch for it. Mail theft is a big issue here. Yesterday a couple of gifts came and whoever the delivery person was did not knock on the door so I didn't know it was there. DH found it when he came home, just lucky it was still there.

Oh my gosh, all the cookies I am hearing about. I know if I make some I will eat them so I best not. But if I show up on one of yours doorsteps??????

Found some fabric I have been looking for. The LQS had a Jelly Roll called Treasures of Alexandria. Well turns out, this line has been out for a bit so they only had the one. The pattern I wanted to make calls for two. After an exhaustive search, I found one on Ebay, and then found the other fabric at an online shop. I may start that after Jan so I can count as a UFO. There is a newer line of it with more colors but the one I have is golds, blacks, ivorys and silver. After my bags will start finishing up my UGRR. I got the Quilt label from QIAD but can't figure out how it works. I thought it would be a fusible onto background but I am thinking no. Anybody know?

Well, caregiver will be here soon and I am not dressed so best get to getting. Need to pack up for open sew also.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:19 am

Good Morning Girls

Nice and sunny and unseasonably warm here... like mid 40's In December! Am loving it for sure! Makes it much easier to run and do errands... which is on my to do list for today!

Maryz... Gosh, you just got settled in Austin and you're going to be moving out in 3 weeks ? I so get the home sickness thing... Every time I get to AK I have a day or two of it.. and then I settle in and don't want to leave! BUT by the time I get home, I just want to hug my house! But you hate to be so close to friends and not at least stop by....

Suzette... If you're really not in the Christmas spirit.... try a little Christmas Music. I have Pandora on almost all day...and I just say "Alexa, play Christmas music" there's some songs I really hate (mostly Bing Crosby) and I just tell Alexa to skip that one! But Music does cheer me up!

Flo.... See there are advantages to being stuck at home with no car.... you get to sew!
And if you need something... you can just text Joe a list for pick up on his way home!

Judi... Save yourself some time... just make Oatmeal with Choc chips! You'll have both of best worlds in one cookie! I'm kind of getting the bug to make some cut out sugar cookies, but I'm usually the one that ends up eating them all!

Izzy.... sounds like you found a "charlie Brown tree"! I do love the smell of a real tree and miss that about the artificial ones. There is a lot of fluff needed on the fake ones, but at least you don't have to worry about watering it! Take me with you to the beach!!!!

Becca.... Don't you just cherish those days spent with grandkids baking and playing school! Now that my Corinne and Nolan have moved into their new house they aren't close to me any more and I miss having them here to play cards!

Valerie... If I had some rain I would certainly share... been awful dry here too. Won't be a good spring if we don't get some snow. My Dad always worried about the farmers when we had a dry winter. I'll have to go back and read the directions for the UFO contest... as I got a top done yesterday--Christmas swap from 2014!

Today is shower day, so I'm going to go jump in and clean up.. My sewing machine repair spa was closed yesterday so I need to run down there today and get Ms. Nomi checked out. My Elna has been running smooth as silk so I've been using her for a couple days. Got the Christmas top done, and the top done from the quilt Jen started. Also need to meet with the gal from U of M Cancer center and bring her the quilts I have done. Tom and Viv are coming next week, so I'm lining up some projects for Viv to quilt for me. I ordered a Christmas panto for her, so I hope that arrives soon! She gets pretty bored in her little town... especially with Covid keeping everybody inside.

So, with that. I'm going to grab more coffee and get in gear

Have a wonderful Day!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:58 am

Good morning!

I do have snowflakes on my windows! Well, the fake kind. The sky is starting to look like snow weather. I have several sheets of the fake plastic cling snowflakes, so Ethan put some on the windows in the great room area. He will be back later today and will spend a couple of nights here. We will find out the time this afternoon for when Sarah's surgery is tomorrow. Do you remember Glass-Wax and the stencils to make snowflakes on your windows? I do. Even went looking to see if I could find some, no luck. That was the only snow I got as a child growing up in the Bay Area in California.

Sarah got most of the flooring down. Not much left to do, just put the furniture back where it goes. One room is her library room, lined with bookcases and tons of books. In the spring, she will order more flooring and finish the kitchen and main living room. She told me that she will hire someone to do that. She is getting smart! LOL!

More sewing. I got the important doll dress made. Karlie specifically asked for a dress from Frozen. I had a piece of scrap that worked out perfectly. So just a few finishing touches. It would have been done yesterday, but my serger decided to not cooperate, so I walked away and will retread it this morning.

So not much more here.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 am

Good morning all! Very foggy here today and all the schools were canceled. As soon as fog goes away will go get my newspaper in town. Will finish my cards today hopefully. Still need to do the tree. Smoke ans Sweetie have been fed and are back to sleep. Rough life!

Well, not much more to said this morning. Hope everyone has a good day. Supposed to be in the 50's for a few days. Works for me. I only want snow on Christmas Eve and it should melt on Dec. 26th. Not a fan of snow at all.

Sherry

Return to โ€œSew insโ€