Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday Dec 9,2020

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Wednesday Dec 9,2020

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:38 am

Morning all
I decided I would be a good wife & get up at 4 am to cook Joe breakfast, his semi broke down on him yesterday so I wanted thus to be a good day. He went to get in his pickup to leave and dead battery...so he took my car. I will borrow DDIL car yo go to post office then no big deal for no car. Aprons done and just need to be mailed.
Have a sew great day
Flo

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday Dec 9,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:48 am

Good Morning Flo and all who follow,
Today will be another binding day so far I have 2 completed and a third 1 started it's just going to be a binding week but I'm right on schedule it's good to be me.

Well that's all the news on this end of the map I hope everyone has a great day.
Lois.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:51 am

Good morning, Flo sorry about the auto trouble...it happenes here in bunches too. I get up and make Kens breakfast when he asks me too.,, Still dark but the weather says it will be a nice 45 today. I wrapped gifts all evening and its a good thing I did,,,I found the gift for Ryker the 4 yo great grand son was wrong....So I reordered it and it will be here friday...I just need to run up to return the other...I did get all the gifts wrapped and hoping everyone like what I got them. Still waiting on 2 gifts to arrive but I still have time...both notified me they have shipped...now hoping the post office does its thing well...So far i havent had any problem with gifts arriving.
I will start the holiday baking this week...I need to make brownies and cc cookies and I think my DD want to make pierogis again,,,
2 bathrooms to clean,,,and sweeper to run,,,,guess i need coffee to get me going,,,( that is kind of a joke since I only drink decaf) But its the thought that counts...have a wonderful day,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:58 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday I started quilting the wall hanging that goes as part of the wedding present. I decided to try my temperamental Pfaff and it decided to work. I am so glad. I wanted to put some fancy stitches on it. I will be able to finish it today after exercising. Hubby put the Christmas lights up outside yesterday. Now we just have to put up the tree, wrap presents, and I have to bake. Hopefully I will get it all done. LOL. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:07 am

Good morning,

We are to be about 80° today and then cooling back down to mid 60s. We got to have a very nice visit with Autumn Yesterday over wine and pizza at the picnic table. Today – no plans as we cleaned house yesterday and laundry isn’t “ripe” yet. Maybe I will sew little houses. And I have 2 complete. Only 130 to go.

Flo, bummer about the vehicles. I hope everything is back in running order again soon. You made quick work of the aprons!

Judi, sounds like you might not be sewing today! That was quite a list of “Gotta-do’s”. Bill eat Cheerios almost every morning of his life. But if we have a cooked breakfast, I am on deck. Glad you found that error of the Ryker’s gift! What Did you get him?

Lois, you are the binding queen!

Suz, I saw your Christmas wall hanging on FB. It’s really cool!

Coffee is ready and mine is the real stuff - freshly ground French roast beans. ☕️🤗. I love “roughing it”!

Make it a terrific day!
Mary Z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:04 am

Good crisp cool morning, It is going to be a beautiful day today.

Flo, not a good car day at your house. what did Joe have for breakfast?

Lois, happy binding. I sorted my fabric last week and have quite a bit of scraps I can make into 2 1/2 inch strips. Was going to make a jelly roll race quilt but listening to you binding might be a better choice.

Judi, some day I will be there for Pierogi making. I have gifts coming too. most say they will be here by the 16th. I just love Amazon.

Suzette, sounds like your machine just was having a temper tantrum and wanted a break. glad it worked. Maryz hinted that your wall hanging was on FB. I will go check it out in a minute.

Maryz, 130 houses to go? that should be done next week, I do like that pattern, it will be a great quilt.

Sherry, poor Smoke, so glad that after a treat or two you were forgiven.

Tina, hope your birthday was great. did that LA get put together? did you buy a new one? I thought you already had one? I'm so confused.

Lori, crack chicken was good. Jerry didn't put green onions in ours, we were out, but I bet it would have been better with them, or with some green chilis.

Nothing is really new here. Marilyn still hasn't figured out what she wants for Christmas and I never know what to get Richard and Gloria.

Our state is on a stay at home order and our Covid numbers are sky rocketing. So thankful I work at home. I had really wanted to go get stocking stuffers for the boys next door and Marilyn but will pass. Even if I got to Walmart when it opens on Saturday morning it is no guarantee they have anything. Not willing to take the chance. The ICU beds are not hardly available here. Our town doesn't have an ICU and the nearest county has only 8 available beds. It's a big county. One county had 805 cases in the last 24 hours. It's just crazy.

Well girls, have a healthy day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:20 am

Good morning, hope everyone is having a great day. SS unwrapping has been great as always.

Flo sorry about the car problems. Praying it's just something simple and inexpensive to fix.
Lois I have about 1/4 left on one quilt, 1/2 left on another and then a whole twin size quilt I made sometime ago to bind. I need to get focusing on those. Sounds like you are wrapping them up pretty quick.
Suzette glad the machine decided to play nice. I need to get friends with you on FB so I can see your quilts.
MaryZ, I have that pattern and fat quarters to make too. I bought them when Chriss and I went to PIQF. On my long list of things to do. UHM, heard there is a UFO contest next year! We are having warm days too, up to the high 70s.
Tina I did not forget your birthday, just forgot to post. It is the same day as my sons. He is 47 now!

We received sad news last night. DH cousin passed away from Covid. She had been doing well and then things changed. Was put on a vent and just was not able to recover. I don't recall how hold she was but I think just a few years younger than us.
Dad's caregiver has also been sick and now they are testing her for Covid. I don't personally think she has it (more stomach flu type symptoms). Dad will have telehealth appt today following his ER visit so I will mention to the doctor. He is not eating as well (mostly leaving his meat but didn't eat his ice cream last night). I am tested weekly and last test was negative. Don't have results of yesterday's test yet but don't have symptoms so I think we are okay. DD has recovered and is back to work.

Guess I best go get some breakfast. Not sure if I have a caregiver today or not. Haven't heard from anyone. No patient's scheduled so don't really need one.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:51 am

Good Morning Girls

Hey look, I'm UP at 0820 CST! Was awakened by texts going back and forth between my silly siblings... decided I might as well stay up.

Flo... Wow you are a really good wife to get up at 0400 to fix DH breakfast....I'm sure he appreciated it and it will help give him a better day!

Lois.... You are sure on a roll with your bindings! You sew them down by hand too? I have about 5 bindings ready for when I get the quilts done!

Judi.... Little Ryker is 4 already? Yikes! I've had good luck with the PO so far too.. Except a package from CO took over a week.. in a priority box to me. One more package here to wrap.. then I think I'm done... unless I find something hidden in my closet that I've forgotten about!

Suzette... Great news that your Pfaff is working! I'm taking my Janome to the shop today... now watch.. as soon as they try it, it will work perfectly!

Maryz... So glad you got to spend some time with Aut yesterday! Is she still working at the library? They haven't closed it due to Covid have they?

Chriss.... Holy Moly 805 cases in 24 hours? I'd be staying in too! I know there are some in my area with it, my neighbors had it, but are back to work now. My nephew and his wife visited CA and came home and got it!

Valerie.... So sorry to hear of DH's cousin passing .... Hope your telehealth appointment goes well... it is a worry when Dad does wasn't to eat, isn't it...to even turn down ice cream.

Did a little stash diving yesterday and found the perfect border for the quilt that Jen started using a panel... actually I think it was the coordinating fabric for it... was just in a different box! I have a 2nd panel that I'm going to use for the backing with a big huge border around it... Will be a little tricky getting them lined up just right, but it's not that big, so if I'm careful it should work!

Time for a shower and more coffee....

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:46 am

Good morning!

A much needed and hoped for snow fall is coming. We so need to build a snow pack. Only bad thing is, it brings in tourists to ski our wonderful world known snow and they bring the virus!

Not much here, sewing for me. Scott, Sandee's DH finishes his college degree next week. Scott has worked hard to earn his degree online from BYU Idaho. No graduation ceremony, virus restrictions, so we will decorate his yard with signs to let all know he did it! Scott has worked for many years as a software engineer and now has the paper too.

Sarah is busy laying floor again today. Ethan may ride down later, after his school work is done.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:26 am

Trying to switch to new lap top and the new one won"t let me post. DH has patience and trying hard to get this fixed. Reading all for the past few days.

I'll post from new lap top when it decides to work for me.\
Diane

Return to “Sew ins”