Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday December 7,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday December 7,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:09 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Today it's cold 24 out Bill went hunting and I will be making binding I already have 2 out of 6 made so I'm on a role that's what is on my plate for today.
Sandi is doing well getting a little stronger each day.

Well that's all the news from this neck of the woods everyone have a great day prayers go out to all and stay safe.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday December 7,2020

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:38 am

Good morning

Today is Pearl Harbor day. I wasn’t born quite yet but I still never forget. I’ve been to the memorial there and that, too, is an experience That will always be imprinted on my memory. 🇺🇸😥

Lois, happy to hear your Sandy is improving and getting her strength back. Six bindings? That must mean you have a lot of almost finished quilts!

Still on my phone. Dell has my computer and they promise it should be back by the end of next week

Today I think, thanks to Mary Q and Chriss for the idea, I will make pillowcases for my sister out of my leftover pine tree fabric that matches the fox quilt I made them. I don’t have much else planned. The weather should be nicer today 70°! Maybe we can sit outside this afternoon and read or play Mexican train

Wishing everyone full bobbins!!

Mary Z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:23 am

Good mornng,,,Not much to report here. dark and cold. I finished the tree yesterday and have one package to mail. Waiting on an order to come in that goes with the package...I have a ton to wrap and put under the tree. Mr maytag awaits my attemtion and I will make some home made pita bread and hummus for supper along with a greek salad.
Basement is coming along...now wiring and pipe moving are the next step. more trash to go out from there today...I have been looking at pinterest for idea for the bar area and tv area...yep found a bunch,
well I need coffee to fuel the day, hope yours is great XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:24 am

Morning all,
Yesterday I worked my butt off so today other than floors , dishes, & make split pea soup, I am off duty. I was so exhausted by time kids got home, at supper time, I forgot to light Advent Candles.
May all those that lost their lives at Pearl Harbor rest in peace.
Flo

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:52 am

Good morning everyone.
We are having snow right now. It is sticking to the grass and cars. That is the pretty kind. Well, our kids are doing virtual school starting today. They haven’t said how long though. This morning we are taking Ricky and his fiancé ‘s Christmas presents to the post office. I want to get them out early so they will have them by Christmas. We have 3 nurses in our family and I found a nursing panel that would be wonderful for Christmas next year. I thought if I waited I wouldn’t be able to find any. Better safe then sorry. :D I hope everyone has a great day
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:42 am

Good morning!

The sun will be up in a hour or so and we are still cold. The proverbial they said, maybe snow next week. We will see.

Brought up and put up my big, 12ft, Christmas tree. It has a very specific spot, actually measured from two spots, where it goes. This is so the train has room to run. The track configuration determines the tree spot. So out came the tape measure and it is where it is supposed to be. Today I will start adding ornaments and the house will be done. Ethan hangs the upper ornaments standing on a ladder and loves it! Ethan loves tinsel and wants to add it to the tree. Not possible, as trains and tinsel don't mix. He was given the choice, tinsel or train. Train won. Tinsel falls and gets tangled in the wheels and motor.

A bit of laundry, major straightening and some decorating today. Then I may see the Batt Cave to sew. I have one more tree that could be put up in the Batt Cave. That makes three big trees in this house. I have train lantern lights and Hallmark train ornaments for that tree. All depends on Scrooge, if I can put that one up.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:58 am

Good Sunny Cold Morning...............

Well the lake is starting to freeze over. I didn't get plowed out yesterday he'll be here after his work. So there'll be no going to the Dr's for my shoulder. I have another next week.

Today I'll start my table topper after I cut out the plaid for the pie plate. It's a piece of cotton, a meiter, a friend brought me back from Egypt in the 1970s. Other than that I'll do some vac'ing with the vac that works only sometimes. Interesting day.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:25 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Need to take Smoke to get his toenails cut in a couple of hours. Will work on getting out more Christmas decorations today. I see I can also open my Secret Sister gift today. Will have to wait until I get back from the Vet's to do that.

Well, better go and get Smoke's med for the nail clipping. He has to have a pill that calms him down because it "freaks" him out to have his nails cut. First dog I ever had with that problem.

Have a good day all.

Sherry.

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:38 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a heads up to Secret Santas..... It is now time to open those gifts. Opening Day Post had been posted!

Lois... Yeah.. a whole day to yourself!

Maryz... That's right... Pearl Harbor Day. I've been to the memorial as well and it is amazing. And I've seen the movie a zillion times!

Judi.... Such a good feeling to have the tree UP and it's always so pretty when the lights are on... especially on a dark morning.

Flo.... Sounds like you really do need a day off. Enjoy!

Suzette.... It's my theory that when you see the perfect fabric... grab it now.... for sure you won't find it when you really need it! Score on the nurse panel!

Jana... Hope you win out over "Scrooge" and get all your trees set up! I bet the train under the big tree is gorgeous and how fun for Ethan to be able to help set it up!

Kathy.... You must have gotten a lot of snow! We are still dry and bare here. Looks like a brown Christmas at my house!

Sherry....Hope your Smoke stays calm and relaxed with his "doggy downer"! :lol: Yep It's opening day! :D :D

Well, my coffee is cold and that's usually a sign that it's time for me to get up and getting going.. Need a shower and then need to form a plan for the day. The kids jammies are all done and washed, so need to package and wrap. Almost done with Kevin's book of pictures, just need more tape to put them together. Dug out an old UFO that I think Jen started way back, maybe 2010? and might try to put that together. It's a panel, and she made the blocks that coordinate with it.. I'm just trying to figure out math wise, how to fit the blocks around the panel. Will definitely need the calculator on my phone for that one.

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:23 am

Hi y'all. Just checking in to let you know that I'm still alive and trying to kick. It has been a very bad 3 months. What a surprise my illness onset was. First, kidney stones - the 10 cm or mm or whatever was stuck in the ureter which blocked the urine which got infected which was E.coli and it was all in my blood stream. Got a stent which I had to keep for 3 weeks and it HURT every minute of that 3 weeks. Finally had an out patient at hospital so the urologist could remove the stent and lazer the kidney stones. He only could zap the size 10 one. The size 6 one is still floating around in my bladder. So I thought I was finally going to recuperate and get to feeling better. Went home and got in bed to rest and had a heart attack. Surprise!!! Took a little ride in the ambulance to the nearest hospital. The next day the cardiologist put in three more stents in my heart. I already had two. Jesus was with me for sure because either the E.coli infection all over my body or the heart attack could have easily killed me. They had a real hard time getting me stabilized after the stent thing. Anyway, after the stent procedure I immediately had a hard time catching my breath if I did any exertion at all. I couldn't even walk from my bed to the bathroom which was 10' away without losing my breath. So testing by a pulmonologist and the cardiologist ensued. I am almost back to normal - still a little issue with the breathing but it is ever so much better. I went grocery shopping Saturday by myself (first time in the store in 3 months) and by the time I got home I was completely exhausted and out of breath. The rest of the day I spent resting. I came back to work last Wednesday. It's enough to give me another heart attack. My Christmas trees are up and decorated as well as the few decorations. My DD came over after TG dinner and she and Joe and Don put up the tree and DD hung the ornaments. Other than that all I've done is watch Hallmark movies....ever since I got sick. Started watching them while I was in the ICU on day one! And I've been running to doctor appointments. I have one tomorrow morning. (((sigh)))

I hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving. We went to my sister's but it was a slim crew. We will not get together for Christmas because of Covid19 and there is just too many of us. Gotta run. I've missed y'all.

Return to “Sew ins”