Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, December 5th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday, December 5th

Post by suzette58 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:28 am

Good morning everyone,
First off thank you MaryQ and MaryZ for the birthday wishes. We didn’t do much. I sewed all day. Yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby to get some things for the Christmas treats I make for the family. I know one thing I better get to work on them. Today I need to wrap Ricky and his fiancé’s Christmas presents and get them to the post office. Then I can finish my Christmas wall hanging and get started quilting the wall hanging that is part of the wedding present. I am having to use my Bernina machine. My Pfaff which is what I normally use to quilt with is acting up again. It starts off fine then it will make a nest of thread on the back. I have re-threaded the machine and changed the bobbin several times. I cleaned where the bobbin goes as well. So back to the shop. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Off to get another cup of coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, December 5th

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:58 am

:oops: well I just lost my post so now there will be a do over.
Good morning Suzette and all who follow,
Today I will quilt on the motorcycle quilt after all the uglies get done .
It is raining out really hard I hate winter rain.
My Dd Sandi is doing well she has a couple of dr apts coming up she has been a trooper she will be 44 on the 12 of December they said she has been a fighter from the beginning she was a premature birth.
Well that's all the news from here I hope you are all staying safe I want to thank everyone for continuing prayers for my family as I will for everyone in need.
Have a Great day.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:05 am

Good morning!

Lois, happy to hear your daughter is doing so well. Happy birthday to her on December 12. My younger daughter, Autumn, will also soon be 44.

Suzette, you got to spend your birthday doing what you love! Sewing! But I’m sorry to hear your machine is acting up. Have you changed Bobbins? Sometimes I get a Bobbin that is wound loosely. Or is out of round. Also, the bobbin case can be out of round if it has been dropped. I hope it’s something simple and easily fixed

Izzy, what a fun new tradition for you and Sweet Wm! If you have triplet goat babies you could name them Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Or April, May, and June. LOL!

Chriss, you absolutely did the Right and smart thing by Canceling! Can’t understand why your friend would be miffed. I am so happy that my good friend is going to be safe!! (That’s you!).

Yesterday I worked on the reindeer quilt. Might get that one “in the can“ today. I have my crazy quilt I can work on. I brought all my scraps with me but they are dwindling. I may have to make a midnight raid to MaryQ’s scrap bin(s)! I also have a quilt pattern called “village“ (all tiny houses) and I ordered a bundle of twenty 1/4-yard cuts of Kaffee Faucet fabrics, a QIAD special on Black Friday, to use for that project. I also have a fusible fox wall hanging project and my Main Street quilt with me. Both require fusible and I have a limited supply on board. But for now, I’m not worried about running out of projects! 😁🧵🪡

Wishing everybody a super Saturday!

Mary Z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 am

Morning
Went to Joanns with DDIL yesterday. It was a nice outing. Started day in sewing room early pulling fabric for aprons and scored! Found a wonderful starfish print a cotton patch pal from here sent me as a get well present during chemo. It is almost enough. So at joanns I bought a nice a aqua batik to add to it, plus a small piece of Christmas fabric and the slip rings for neck strap. It was a better deal to buy a large package than 3 separate ones so that was most of what I spent.
I managed to get the Christmas/Thanksgiving aprons for DD&DGD half done as well.
Today I will watch DGD while DDIL & DS1 go Christmas shopping and sew aprons. And make chicken enchiladas for supper.
House is waking up. Breakfast ready to come out of oven.
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:29 am

Chilly start to the day but as least its sunny. Yesterday ended up 12 vets for quilts. It was such a different feeling with the new way they are given. I don't like it but there is no other way to keep everyone safe. Today we are doing a church in North Myrtle for about 8-10 We had done the church end of Jan but a few did not come. They had called and all stated they or their spouses had medical concerns (co-vid warnings were just being said) So now Diane and I will try to finish the list from there. It will be done in the parking lot.
Trying to finish little items for Christmas gifts. Placemats and 10 minute table runners.
Still up in the air for flying into NY. It will be a last minute decision I guess.
Please keep safe.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:00 am

Good morning!

Not much here. Just sewing away and getting things ready to ship. Sarah will be over to sew as well. She finished the embroidery for my doll faces. The dolls sew and stuff quickly. The yarn hair takes a little time, but is easy.

Stay Safe! Stay warm, we are about 15 right now.

Hugs,
Jana

CarolineQuilts5

Post by CarolineQuilts5 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 am

Morning gals! I had two wonderful days with my daughter and grandkids.Natalie is such a clown! She is a natural comedian and has a quick comeback for everything. We had Thanksgiving and Christmas together as none of us can just go when we want.Covid sure messes with plans.And tomorrow dd goes back to the veterans hosp.They have a lot of cases there and it has been so hard on her losing patients she has cared for for 3 years.They become like family.I am trying to re gain my strength to do some sewing.Looks like its going to be a long tough winner but I always know God is in control.Have a great day all!!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:45 am

Good Dark Snowy/Rainy Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain is gone & now the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen! The dumb weatherman just said the snow should start about 7pm. Good thing he said "should". Guess the blizzard starts now.

Today I'll do some uglies & start my sisters 'pie' table topper. Also I need to go to Amazon & shop for my DGC. The list are finally posted.

Nothing else just the huge snowflakes! there is going to ne 'feet' of snow. And yes I very sorry I didn't have my snow tires put on.

Suzette...........sorry your having problems with your machine.

Lois........happy to hear Sandi is doing well. :) Continued prayer for her.

Flo........looks like the aprons are going together well for you.

Diane.......Looks like you Christmas sewing list is a long on,,,,,good luck.

Love & Prayers................Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:04 am

Good morning,,I was up at 5 then decided to try and sleep a bit longer...up at 7,,,,so breakfast and dishes and bed made and dressed, And here I am. I will try and get the big tree up. Sophia and Liam are coming over to spend the night we will pick them up nd give Nolan his birthday present, (If he is awake) they will spend the night with us so Nolan can have an undisturbed video game session with 3 of his friends...
BIG NEWS! My son has been tested negative and is cleared to go back to work...the rest of the family got tested and are still waiting for their results...but no one is sick. and the house has been disinfected...God is good.
I have one more gift to mail on monday then wrapping all this stuff and 3 more gift cards to buy. I forgot to get something for the neighbors across the street, They love to eat out but all the restuarants are closed...here so I am looking into a grub hub or door dash gift certificate so they can have a meal delivered...I have never used one so I need to do a bit of research. DD uses them all the time so I will ask her,,,if that doesnt work I will do a grocery card...
well it is almost time to go pick up kids and 2x4s in that order. hope you are all having a great day and wearing a smile under those masks. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO ps I worked as a nurse for 30+ years...and it was super difficult to have your patients die on you...I worked an ocology unit where death was a daily occurance,,so I know what the nurses are going through with the covid...sometimes I would cry all the way home from my shift...it takes a toll on you but I loved what I did,,,<3

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:24 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday... Though I don't know why I'm so happy... it's A#%$*$%&(&(&W chore day and boy oh boy is this house in NEED... It's not that it's dirty really... just little project messes... but you know me.. Ms. ADD with stuff going on in every corner!

Suzette... Sounds like a pretty good way to spend a birthday... in the sewing room.. but sewing is a good way to spend any day in my book. So frustrating to have your machine misbehaving! I feel your pain as my Nomi has not been a good girl lately... one minute she's fine.. the next her tension is off! Maybe a nice to trip to the spa will fix Pfaff right up.

Lois... Continued prayers for Sandi... she does have an easy b-day remember 12-12! Hope your uglies goes fast ... sewing is much more fun right?

Maryz.. Would you like a Med. Flat Rate Box or a Large one full of scraps??? :lol: :lol: IF you are running out of fusible... I usually find the best price at Walmart.com and free delivery. And if you do venture out to the store.. at WM it's like $1. /yd less that Joann.. unless you have a great Joann coupon.

Flo.... Don't you love it when a plan comes together.... all the stars line up and you find what you need!

Diane.... Good pun... "Up in the air for flying to NY" Even with Covid, I'm happy for you that you are still award quilts to those service men and women that are so deserving!

Jana.... Would love to see a picture of your dolls! Not that I have anybody to make dolls for, but I bet they are so cute... Back in the 70's I think I made a few Cabbage Patch dolls.. you'd buy the heads and add the bodies.... remember that?

Caroline.... It's just so darn nice to see you visit again! I can picture Natalie as a little girl.. hard to believe she is a teenager already. Hope every day finds you getting stronger and stronger.... so you can push that "pedal to the metal" on your sewing machine!

Kathy.... Hope you are well stocked with coffee or tea and TP for the blizzard. Can you have studded tires in MA? we can't here, but in AK they can...

Judi... what wonderful news... I bet your DS is jumping up and down with glee--to be NEGATIVE! Won't Nolan have a fun birthday party, with the house to himself with no pesky siblings around! Again... I salute all you wonderful nurses... you are truly God's Angels on earth.

Chriss... I too am thankful you decided to cancel your trip out. Taking unnecessary chances is just foolish. We just all need to use the common sense God gave us... at least most of us! :lol:

As much as I hate taking a shower... need to refill my coffee then head that direction.. Maybe it will motivate me to get going! I still have Kevin's pictures all over my dining room table and in sorted piles on the porch. Even for being the 3rd baby.. he has a LOT of pictures!

Wishing you all a Supercalifragalistic Saturday

Return to “Sew ins”