Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, Dec 4th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Friday, Dec 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:39 am

Good morning

Not A lot to report here. We got our laundry, three loads, all done by 9 AM. Then we went grocery shopping and should be set for quite a while now. I hope to have more reindeer fused to my quilt today. Then I can start stitching them down. We walk a lot too. Got in my full 10,000+ steps yesterday. That is about 4 miles.

Suzette, hope you had a great birthday!

Mary Q, dictating on the phone takes practice and good enunciation. Plus, you have to say your punctuation out loud. And then you are wise to edit. Occasionally I forget that part. And my phone is not shy about language!😱

Chris, who does Jerry give all that candy to? You are being really strong. You are almost halfway to your goal! Congrats!!!

Jana, I remember your Christmas pie tradition! Fun memories for your family!

Judi, I assume your basement toilet is expensive because of the plumbing. What about the sink? And will there be a sink in your wet bar?

Diane, Hope your trip to New York for Christmas is perfect and everybody stays virus – free.

Katie, how is your ex doing? Will he still be with you for Christmas?

Lyn, what Christmas quilt are you working on?

Lois, how is your daughter doing?

Sherri, so fun to be remembered by a secret secret Santa!

Flo, for all the work and expense you are putting in on that house, I hope you got a bargain when you bought it! But it will be beautiful when you are done!

Becca, Hope CA’s trip for blood work went OK. Did you get your tree up? Only three weeks to go!

Izzy- how about Holly and Ivy? And my friend was born day after Christmas so her name is Carol. Or how about simply, “Christmas“!? Can’t wait to see how many babies you get and what you name them

We had chili with my sister and brother-in-law, Al & Tina, last night. So good! And the little homemade flour tortillas that are so available here. Yum! and root beer float pudding for dessert. It’s an instant mix she buys in Colorado. I’ve never seen it before and it truly taste like root beer!

Today-surprise! I think I’ll sew! And walk! And we are ordering pizza for supper so no cooking! Going to be a great day!

Piece!

Mary Z

velvet

Re: Friday, Dec 4th

Post by velvet » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:33 am

Holiday greeting to everyone. Can't believe the year is almost over. Glad to see it go.
Today helping with a qov presentation in the parking lot of church for 10 to 12 vets. Everyone stays in their cars - and we hand them the quilts. So very different from our usual way. But safety is the issue. So many of our vets are pushing 75 and older (Not that that is old) with medical conditions. Hoping for a nice sunny day.
I smell the coffee so Time to start my day. I'll check back later to catch up
Hope everyone has a the day they hope for.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:47 am

My whole post went poof....
Good morning. All is well here, we are working on the basement. For those of you who asked...our home is almost 100 years old and there are no sewer pipes in the basement floor like most "newer" homes...so we need a special toilet that has a pump to pump the stuff up to the sewer, It is called a maserating toilet. It will run about $900 but it is Kens basement project and he gets to pick...what he wants down there I get to decorate and keep it clean LOL . We are so blessed that Ken is a master tradesman and can do carpentry plumbing electrical and heating and cooling. we have remodeled where ever we have lived.. nice thing about this is we can take our time (we are 74 after all) so He does a little each day and I am the clean up man...I sweep and haul the debris out side to the burn pile...its fun and we sleep good....it will take us a while to get it done but we are hoping for next summer. We get the kids help when there is no covid crap or they are not working..we will need them to get the drywall down there in the next few weeks...another load of 2x4s is next too..
Nolan will be 15 tomorrow where has the time gone...He asked not to have "ice cream and cake party" and will have 3 of his friends over to play video games and eat junk...as boys often do...much of the family would not come anyway,,,but we will take his gift to him some time tomorrow afternoon.. ,,,well I need coffee and get my self presentable to go to the post office and the market. Greek salad and hummus with pita bread for supper tonight,,have a wonderful day XXXXXXXOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:57 am

Morning
Couldn't decide what to get DD& DGD3 fir Christmas. They live in NJ. So last night remembered DD wanted matching beach theme aprons for them. So today DDIL & I will head to Joanns for fabric after getting DGD2 to school. Hubby said I need to stop waiting for last minute for projects. Told him aprons will take 1 day to make. Should ship end next week. Will also make a pair of holiday reversible aprons, Thanksgiving on one side, Christmas on other. Already have stuff for that.
Maryz, did get good price on house. Keeping things to bare bones basic, no frills.
Time to start day.

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here
I am moving slow this morning with the cold I don’t like cold weather & DH loves it
Maryz I used to never put up my tree until week before Christmas I was in a hurry this year I think just because of all that is going on
You are keeping busy That’s great you get to walk
Suz Hope you had a great Birthday
Flo I know you & DH are anxious to get the house completed
Diane That’s a great way to continue to pass out your quilts
Sure hope your trip goes as planned
Judi You will be so proud of your new basement
I hope I didn’t miss anyone I did get my tree up & decorated We went by Beths bakery & I got to visit with Wren She was at the window looking for me
Makes my day brighter
Everyone have a wonderful day Becca
Chris If you can say no to all of Jerry’s treats you have lots of Will power Good for you
Last edited by Becca on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 am

Good morning!

Still dark and cold. 15! Being cold, at least Mother Nature could do is make it pretty with snow, no , just cold!

Ethan helped big time with decorating yesterday. He grumbles about all the things , but loves to decorate the trees. So only a couple of boxes left to put out.

Did some sewing and will do more.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:24 am

Good morning, what a marvelous day today will be. Not sure why yet but it is what I make it.

I have a friend who is a little perturbed with me. We were going to go to a craft fair this weekend but our governor came out with a possible stay at home order. Our hospitals are pretty close to being full and the virus is spreading like crazy. I told her I would be staying home. She thinks I am afraid. I told her I just wasn't going to put myself in the middle of a crowd that could be infected. She is making this a political thing instead of a people thing. I pray she and her family don't have to experience Covid.

Maryq, Nolen will love what you get at Hobby Lobby, they have so many fun things. I have gotten things for Marilyn's room from there. I do hate taking a shower but once I get in there I don't want to get out. The WW treat recipes probably wouldn't work for me. I can't have flour or sugar. They do have things made with almond flour but it's too expensive for me. I'm just staying away, but I appreciate your thinking of me.

Jana, Gunnesax was so in style when I was in high school. My prom dresses were gunnesax. And also in style were Ditto's. I loved those pants, I had many colors.

Maryz, yay for pizza for dinner. I can have the topping but not the crust, no bread. Jerry gives the candy to family members mostly. He has a niece in St. Louis he will mail to but the rest are local. He will also take some to our neighbors. He also puts some in the freezer to have on hand to help his gigantic sweet tooth. Nice to have the laundry done.

Diane, glad you are still able to honor the vets with quilts. extra glad you can do it safely.

Judi, 15? my goodness, it's hard to believe, hope Nolan has a fun birthday, I think junk food, video games and good friends is a great way to celebrate. I love that you and Ken get to work together, he makes the mess and you clean it up. I figured your toilet had to pump uphill, didn't realize it would be so expensive, but you will never need to buy another one.

Flo, aprons are a great idea. And I love the holiday theme idea. I saw an apron at a craft store that was made out of a bath towel. the tie that went around the neck and tied in the back of the waist was threaded through the towel, channels were sewn along the sides of the towel ( it was cut to make a bib at the top) and it made the part that goes around the neck adjustable because the tie was all one piece. The tie threaded up one side, made a loop for the neck and down the other side so you could tie it in the back. gosh, that probably doesn't make a lick of sense.

Becca, every time you post that you get to see one of your kids it makes me smile. what a day brightener to see little smiling faces.

Jerry has gone grocery shopping and stocked our fridge and pantry but didn't purchase dog food. Moose won't starve but he will need more soon.

It's about time for me to get ready for work. you all have a great day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:40 am

Good morning everyone!

MaryZ, I'm working on this year's swap blocks, hope to send it to my sister. Ready to layer, but found I'm short batting. Root Beer pudding, never heard of that. Where's your sister buy it? I'll have to send my DD1 on a shopping trip and mail me some.

Judi, thanks for reminding me to go to the post office. Beware that the fancy Macerator toilets don't like dryer sheets. We have those toilets in the Coach (but ours go down not up :lol: ) and DH had a dryer sheet fall out of his PJ sleeve just as he was flushing, they don't grind up. Short story, I did get it out.

Flo, hope the house project is done sooner than later.

Diane, glad to hear you have found away to present quilts again.

It is a chilly 47 here this morning. Minnie has a vet appointment in Corpus this morning. I will go to Joanne's after and look for batting, because I'm short a couple yards!
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:44 am

Good morning quilting world!

Not too much new here. Slowly getting the binding on my bohemian looking quilt. About 1/2 done. Made a sample small tote. It became a sample because the quilting thread I used was too light and I miss measured when I measured for the lines to quilt so they don't line up. But I can use it to tote things back and forth to free sew. I will make 2 more for the girls for Christmas. Just need to put the last borders on my "Just can't cut it" quilt and then get it quilted. I was given the name of a person local who is very reasonably priced and since Teresa will have blurry eyes, I will try this lady. Quilt has not told me where it wants to live so I guess for now, on my quilt ladder.

Daughter I think is well on her way to recovering from her bout with Covid. She may go back to work tomorrow but it is to the home that she contacted it at so a bit worried. She will be masking and using gloves.

Izzy hoping you are going to post pics of the babies, they are so cute.
Grammie Nolan is 15? Wow, time sure goes by fast. I don't know why I keep thinking of these kids as little ones.
Flo I have never done an apron (I know, likely the only one!). I should try it some day.
Becca as I was driving Dad home from the doctor this week and he saw Christmas decorations up he wanted to know why everyone was putting them up so early. I reminded him that it was Dec. "Still too early". We never put up decorations before Christmas Eve and then we did not decorate the tree, Santa did. I guess he still remembers that. I am still very hesitant to put up decorations early also.
Jana, yes, 15* is cold, too cold if you ask me.
Chriss DITTO's wow, haven't thought of those in a while. Not too long before the church thrift shop closed due to Covid some one brought in a Gunnesax dress. Hadn't seen one of those in years either.

I have to have car serviced today, pick up the rest of Dad's meds and will pick up a few things at the commissary. Off for more coffee and breakfast.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:28 am

Good Cold Morning...............

Woke to the sun, while I made my tea it disappeared!? Now I hear a big(?)snow storm is coming. And due to my procrastination I do not have snow tires on. I'm so bad. Still need a car. I'm really bad!

I've finished the wool little wall hanging for DD2. Today I'll sew on the label. I've pulled all the fabric to make a table topper for my sister, it will have an apple pie & big red apples on either side.

First I need to get dishes in the Dishwasher & some vac'ing.

My DD2 has still not posted the children's Christmas list on Amazon. If she's too late there will only be a check! Will call her today.

Maryz.........it's just awful how laundry can follow you around. Proud of you for 10,000 steps in. Good job.

Suzette.......HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope it was wonderful.

Diane..........wow, 10 to 12 vets. It seem like a big number, how wonderful!

Judi..........gone an other post to post heaven. How wonderful to have a DH that can do all those things. He's a house angel! My new neighbor came over yesterday to ask if he could dump leaves where my yard ends & the woods begin. Sure the woods are not mine. He offered to do anything I might need done. How wonderful.....didn't get a phone number. I miss a live in handy man. Nolan is going to be 15? He needs a big boy party now....even with the virus.

Flo.........the aprons sound like a wonder idea. It's fun to sew for the DGC.

Becca......good for you getting your tree up. That will cheer up the house & you.

Jana..........sounds like your house is looking already for Christmas. I hope to put up my window lights today.

Chriss......that she is not a good friend. Your Gov has been making the news all the way over here. Do this do that but he does what he wants. I think my Gov is in hiding I never here him saying much.

Love & Prayers................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”