Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, Dec 3

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: THURSDAY, Dec 3

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:16 am

Good morning!

I can use a do over day, another Wednesday, or any day this time of year. This Santa needs all the extra time she can get! :)

I did get my packages dropped off, finished more doll clothes, helped Ethan with school, and played elf for Gracie and Lila to mail their letters to Santa. Which reminds me, I need to take them out of my Santa mailbox and add them to the hidden stash of letters. Ethan helped me hide a present for Michael. He was thrilled to help hide something. On Christmas Eve, we have a tradition of reading the story of the birth of Christ from the scriptures and then we have Christmas Pie. This is not a food, but a small gift, taken from a bushel basket that looks like a pie crust on the top. So what Ethan hid was Michael's Christmas Pie gift. A ornament that looks like a orange traffic cone. Michael uses orange cones when he digs holes or something that could hurt someone. The kids would bring the "abandoned " cones home when they found one, so Michael has quite a collection! Aaron especially has the collection - he has to use them in his job every day! We have many silly moments in this house! The kids tease, that when we hold Michael's funeral, instead of flowers on the casket, there will be a orange cone! Oh the kids tease their Dad over orange cones!

So more sewing. I need to get Emma's dress made. It is being made from a piece of real silk fabric, I bought to sew a mother of the bride's dress , 24 years ago. I was chicken to cut into then and still chicken now! But I will finally do it! The silk wasn't expensive, I bought it at the Gunnesax outlet in San Francisco , five dollars a yard. I have 5 yards. I'm chicken because it is silk! Loved the Gunnesax outlet, Sarah had many many dresses from there, cheap! I just had to watch for the flaw, which I could easy fix.

So need to get me going, lots to do.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:18 am

Good morning everyone. The Virtual Houston Quilt Show starts today. For $10 I will probably take a look. Here's the link.

https://www.quilts.com/quilt-festival/v ... -festival/

I called the Quilt Festival. The $10 is for all 3 days and a class this evening and some other stuff besides shopping.

I'm working on a Christmas quilt.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:42 am

Hi again,

Suzette - I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! I didn’t forget your birthday, I just forgot to mention it. Hope you are off having a jolly good time today!

Sorry about the weekday mix-up – and yes, it was at 4:30 AM and before coffee when I was typing on my phone. But I did get it corrected pretty early on!

Taking a short break from my reindeer. They are tedious little buggers to appliqué. Especially when you’re working in such a small space as I am and have a tiny ironing surface. 2 down, 7 to go.

Mz

Return to “Sew ins”