Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday December 2,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday December 2,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:40 am

Good Morning Everyone I'm Here,
I'm here it's just that life got in the way for a bit the week before TG my DD Sandi went to the dr was told after test she had a mass in her colon she was operated on last monday we now know it was cancer but the mass was removed and she got word yesterday that she is going to be fine no chemo is necessary just follow up apts so God is good he has answered all our prayers.
On the Quilting news out of 6 quilts I have 1 and 1/2 more to quilt then it's on to the binding.
I have kept up with the reading of all the post
But it's to much to respond to .
Everyone have a Great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Wednesday December 2,2020

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:07 am

Good morning

Lois, so sorry to hear your daughters diagnosis but thank goodness they feel certain they got it all. Will say an extra prayer and put her name on it.

We were 61° and sunny yesterday but chilly wind so there was still no sitting out. So I stayed inside and Sewed! With Covid, there is no shopping except for groceries, visiting, or seeing the sights. I’m not even sure how we can see our daughter very often unless it is warm enough to sit outside. She has to have contact with too many vulnerable people so we cannot risk an infection.

Yesterday I finished The fifteen 6“ x 18“ tree blocks in the reindeer quilt. Today I will start sewing the sections together and then start tracing reindeer for appliqué.

We Fed-ex’d my malfunctioning computer back to Dell Yesterday. They said 7 to 10 business days and they will fed ex it back to us here at the RV park. We will be here 4 more weeks. I sure hope they don’t delay!

Wishing everyone a good day!

Mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:14 am

Morning
Lois, Thank God for DD outcome.
Prayer warriors i need prayers for my nephew Randy. He is 41 and just diagnosed with a very aggressive skin cancer. They are giving him 6 months. He is a roofer & lives near his mom with no wife or kids. So he can't work. My sister, his mom, said he is moving home until the end. Its is hard for her to go through.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:36 am

Good morning!

Many prayers for all in need. We are grateful for the blessings and comfort prayer brings.

Ethan will be here later this morning, while Sarah sees the surgeon. Ethan will help with more decorating . We moved the boxes last night to the right spot and started on some of the decorating.

It is very cold outside, 17. I tell myself, it's December, supposed to be that cold!

Sewing and a quick run to drop off packages to UPS.

Stay Safe and Warm!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:54 am

Good morning supposed to be sunny today snow will probably melt. My son is doing very well he is a bit depressed about being in the house and isolated...he is such a people person this is very hard on him but he feels great,,,he will test again on friday. Praying he is negative and can go back to work...with them all home and no money coming in he feels down. Daughter in law will test to go back to work today since it has been 14 days for her and the grandkids too....they all are anxious to go back to work...
I am about 2/3 done with the decorating the house looks grand,,,snowmen are marching up the steps and I did a small tree at the top of my steps for all the snowmen ornaments,,,I love the battery lights...I set the timer and they go on and off at th right times and no electric wires...whole house lights up. I did use electric in the kitchen where the santas stand guard,,a timer on them too...today I will do laundry and wrap one gift to go out in the mail. and continue the decor. I need to have the tree brought up .
The basement remodel is moving along..Ken did 2 walls of the storage room and the half bath that will go down there,,,He says he will get some dry wall this weekend. well I need coffee and make my bed, and get going have a wonderful day stay safe and well. Thank you to our Heavenly Father for granting all the prayers requests that everyone's family members are doing well....continue to pray for our country, our familllly members in need and all of you, XXXXXOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:01 am

BRR!!! Who let winter in??? Not a nice way to wake me up at 3:30 this morning. I think it was my ice cold feet that did it. Yes, I realize it is Dec 2 -- but wow it was a surprise.

Lois- so very happy with your "all clear" for your DD's cancer.
Flo- prayers are on their way to your nephew. I hope the dr. can keep him comfortable.

Well, time to get the coffee mug filled again. I'll check back later to catch up.
Keep safe.
Diane

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 am

Good Cloudy Morning.....no rain.....

I need to run a few errands today, I'll be so happy to get out of the house. This isolation is really bothering me. I have been working on Christmas gifts. Hope to finish up a wool wall hanging & start a table topper for my sister. Back in the 70's a friend brought back a miter of a gray fabric & I'm going to use it in the pie plate. There's an apple pie & some big red apples.....some red/green to make it perfect for Christmas topper.

Chiss.....that was a great idea for the bell jar, I'm going to use it. Thank you.

Lois......Will be saying Prayers for you DD. May her health continue to improve. ((((HUGS))))

Maryz.......I'm so sorry you can't visit your DD like you want. I know it must be very difficult.
Looks like you are getting a lot of quilting done, as usual.

Flo.......Will be saying prayers for your nephew & his Mom. I'm at a loss for words. ((((HUGS)))))

Jana...........there's nothing like a big little helper at Christmas. I'm a warm 40*.

Judi........Prayers for a good test & he can be set free from his isolation. It must be so difficult when you can't work. Looks like you will be living in Santa land.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:03 am

Good Morning Girls

Such a beautiful day... you'd think I'd have jumped out of bed ready to start the day... nope, laid around too much and am still in jammies. But I have my coffee and after another cup or two (or three) I'll be psyched to start the day.

Lois... There you are! Oh my goodness, your poor DD. Will most definitely keep her in prayers for quick healing. Good news that she doesn't need chemo. My DB David had colon cancer as well, and thankfully they got it all and he too doesn't need chemo!

Maryz.... If any good is coming out of Covid, it's that we are getting a lot of sewing done! You're really whipping up the reindeer quilt in record time. Doesn't Autumn work in a library? I bet it's pretty quiet there these days. Would suck to have gone all the way to TX to visit for Christmas then not be able to spend it with Aut. I'll pray for warm days! Hope you get your computer back ASAP!

Flo.... Oh dear. My heart goes out to you, your sister and especially to Randy! So hard for a mother to watch her son go through something like this. You all will be in my prayers!

Jana... Isn't it amazing what prayer can do! I admit to not being a super religious person, though I was raised Catholic. I am a FIRM believer in prayer. I have seen so many positive results because of prayers... especially among all of us. Let's keep them coming!

Judi.... See... your son is living proof that prayer works! Will send a special little prayer that his test comes back negative... I'm sure he's just itching to get out of the house and back to work.

Diane.... Winter in South Carolina? How cold is COLD? Did you find enough FG to finish your project? Let me know if you need more! I did a "walkabout" quilt and made too many geese!

Kathy.... Hope you get out to run errands today... I'm pretty much a home body--- a tank of gas can last me 2 months... but every once in a while you just have to get OUT! Living alone and not talking to anybody all day gets old doesn't it. Do you find yourself talking to perfect strangers at the store? Just to have conversation?

Finally decided what to give Kevin for Christmas! ALL HIS Pictures!!! Actually I'm putting them in a semi-scrapbook. So you should see my dining room table... covered with pictures I've been sorting out. Won't be anything fancy, but I figured he should have them.

I did get another small quilt done yesterday, but I think I need to take my Nomi to the shop... she's just feels off. Having trouble with the upper tension. Usually I just leave it on the "auto" setting but I've been getting small loops on the bottom, so I've had to tighten it to about a 5 or 6... I've tried everything I can think of... new needle, cleaning etc.. nothing helps. But she is over due for an annual check up. With Covid I have to call first and see when they are going to be open. Fortunately I do have a back up machine... so I can still sew a little.

OK Santas.... I posted an OPENING DAY topic... I THINK all packages have been accounted for... just waiting on one more confirmation then I'll announce the official DATE. Ok? I know y'all are getting anxious! Me too!

Better get butt in gear... Have Dr. appointment for annual check up this afternoon, so will try to get a few things done before then.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday!

Return to “Sew ins”