Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, Nov 28

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Saturday, Nov 28

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:48 am

Good Cloudy Day....again...

I missed the turkey train. Monday I'll go & pick up some form of turkey, most likely a breast. :D

I'm working on a wool banner, pattern from Buttermilk Basin. They had banners one for each month, I'm making June for Sara.....Christmas present & I should be finished today.
I want to make one for each of the DGC.....both born in Feb. I have the Feb pattern but not suitable for a boy. I think I'll put a 'mason' jar on his with a few fire flies in it. Any Suggestions for a fabric to put over the jar to look like glass & see the flies?

Love & Prayers.................Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:53 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Going to do some moving around so I can get back to sewing. Will put my sewing machine table and the side table that I put the quilt overhang on in one of my bedrooms. Since my son from Indiana won't be here for awhile I will us that room for my sewing. That way I can leave it out and not have to move the tables all the time. With that done I can get my big puzzle table out for the living room. The winter is when I get my puzzle table out and work on my puzzles. I do 1000 piece plus ones. I read where that is good for "us old people's" brain. I need all the help I can get.

Still have lots of leftovers so won't have to cook for awhile. That works for me.

Found this cute saying in the newspaper i thought you would all enjoy. It is a picture of a sign in front of a fire department. It says "Social Distance. If you can smell the fart they are too close! I cut it out and posted on my computer desk. We all can use a bit of a chuckle.

Well, better go get some breakfast. Today My Wolverines play Penn State. Have to go hang my flag out for the game.

Hope eveyrone has a good day. Stay safe!

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:53 am

Good Morning Girls

Yes, I'm up... waiting for coffee to kick in so I can get busy doing something constructive today.. not sure what yet... but there is always something needing doing around here. Normally it's chore day, but am going to hold off until I know which day Tom and Viv are coming up.. then I'll clean just before they get here. There is sewing to do of course! :lol:

Maryz... that's my plan too when I go out shopping. Mask up, sanitizer, and go fast. I've had good experiences with fellow shoppers and nobody has "gotten in my face" about keeping distance. When I was at Joann, the aisles were crowded, but as I was looking for things... a gal next to me was helping me look for what I needed. Maybe it's "Minnesota nice" but I've noticed a lot people being extra kind and thoughtful. Give me hope!

Diane.... pumpkin pie for breakfast? I was wondering the same thing yesterday... is it ok to have it for a morning meal? I mean, it's vegetables right? and Eggs? I saw a thing on the internet with Dr. Fauci... he's thinking that with the vaccine etc... we should be heading back to normal by April or so... though it will be slow and continuous... not happening over night.

Flo.... I'm thinking that "normal" as we knew it... will likely never come back... we'll have a new normal. Maybe we will finally get back to schools open and no more masks, but we'll always be affected by what we've gone through this last year. I feel so bad for those that have lost loved ones to Covid.

Becca... Sorry you didn't get to see the twins... Are they walking yet? Bet their Daddy had pictures to share and I'm glad you got to see him!

Judi.... One of the things we got as a wedding present was a silver service... what a pain to polish! But since it was Dex's grandparents that gifted it to us... he took it... which is FINE by me. SO glad your son is feeling so much better.... I've heard that staying hydrated is very important, even under normal circumstances. I don't think a gallon of coffee counts though... should be just water. :lol:

Velda... Oh Gosh, I remember collecting Betty Crocker points! Way back in the late 70's. don't think I ever bought anything with them tho. So true... why save the good stuff! Once upon a time I had a set of china that I got through a bank promotion starting when I was high school... My Mom found a huge box full of matching pieces at a garage sale. I had so many pieces I used some for a picnic in the back yard... figuring if I even broke one plate, no big deal. Since I inherited my Mom's china... I gave away my set.

Jana.... Seems like china was used a lot for promotions back in the day. You know the story of "depression glass" how it was included in boxes of laundry soap? Look how valuable that stuff is today and how collectable it is.. Some where I have a pieces that were my Grandmothers. I packed up so much of my good stuff when I was selling my house.

Chriss.... Love a good pot pie! My Dad use to make them all the time, only he'd use bisquick to make the topping. I found a recipe once that you made all the stuff .. gravy, chicken, veggies etc and just poured over bisquick biscuits. Much easier... something my kids actually ate without complaining. Come to think of, I should make it for myself one of these days!

Here's my funny memory about dishes etc... When I was in high school, My Dad loved to order stuff from mail order catalogs he got at his office. So one day he brought home a sample of gold flat ware and asked me if I liked it... which I really wasn't crazy about and told him so. He says "Geez, that's too bad, because I just ordered you a whole set" So now I have 12 place settings of some gorgeous gold flat ware. For a while I used it for every day, but it started to looking like it was taking a beating from being in the dishwasher..... so now it's just for special occasions. And when I bring it out, I think of my Dad and smile!

Time to get more coffee, get dressed and get going on the day. I'm trying to get some quilt tops in my UFO pile put together with backing so when Viv comes she can take them home and quilt for me. She lives in a tiny town (population 84) and gets bored, so it's a win win... she gets to quilt with pantos (which she loves) and I get quilts DONE. Just need to ask her what she charges!

Wishing you all a Super Saturday

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Maryq. I loved reading your memory, too.
Some memories get lost if we don't bring them out and share them now and then.
🥰
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:06 pm

I am delighted that we are able to share all the great memories of dishes and silver and many other things that take us through the holidays,,,,Love to all

Return to “Sew ins”