Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thank you God for Thanksgiving

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thank you God for Thanksgiving

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:44 am

Good beautiful morning, Today I get off work at 12:30, go get my boobies squished, then start my long weekend. So happy to get some time off.

Jerry will be baking pies. my only job is to make deviled eggs. I sure wish the boiled eggs peeled easier but the ones that don't make a nice addition to tuna along with some dill pickle, red onion, celery and mayo. always an upside..

Maryq, Jerry has a one cup coffee maker. He uses it every so often. I am now drinking coffee from my new coffee maker. We have gone through a lot of Mr. Coffee makers, this one is Hamilton Beach. Sorry you might not see the kids for turkey day, but you are so correct, it's best to be safe.

Kathy, hope your sister does bring you a dinner. and you are right, best not to be around too many, are the covid numbers skyrocketing there? they sure are here.

Valerie, hope you get the job where you can pick your schedule. Glad DD is recovering, crazy thing is you can have come in contact with the virus and not know, then by the time the test results come back you are feeling better. It's crazy.

Velda, I will ask you again in April, but you might have to remind me. Jerry's family is from Mt Pulaski, Lincoln, and the other side lives in Olney and Fairfield. we haven't been back in years.

Tina, great prayer, and a great memory, I bet you can picture your dad saying it.

Judi, what a treat to get a grandma quilt. I imagine one day in the distant future they will all get together and share them with each other, each one with their own treasure. If no one lays claim to that guest room I can make myself available. Did you already do the peirogi lesson?

Maryz, sorry the computer is causing trouble but glad you got to play with Chip. may your bobbins always be full.

Diane, are they still having the Macy's Thanksgiving parade? Seems like that would be a huge crowd I wouldn't want to be in the middle of. Now you have made me curious, I will check it out on tv. I am also wondering what black Friday will look like.

Becca, enjoy your day with DGS, I'm looking forward to the day you can say you have a houseful for holidays again.

Flo, happiest of birthdays to you, I pray all your birthday wishes come true. sounds like you have a marvelous day planned,

Katy, why do people, usually men, not want to go to the doctor? drives me nuts. Sounds like the water line people aren't very good at their job, hope they have to pay all the fees and fines. I am not sure I could put my SS gift in plain site. mine is peeking around the corner and I still want to tear into it. Have a blessed rest of the year.

Caroline, enjoy your family, I was just thinking of making new masks for my family, I just don't have a lot of manly fabric so the boys in my family get solid colors.

I guess I had best get dressed and consider going to work, you all have a better than average day. I am thankful for each of you.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 am

Good morning!

Thanks for a lovely prayer. Isn't wonderful to have a loving Heavenly Father there for us, at any time, any place, always! Just not in times of need, but in times of plenty.

I thought about thawing and cooking the turkey I have, but Michael said wait until Daniel is here. Good idea, as Daniel hasn't had "noodles" for many years. So I went and ordered a small fresh turkey bread roast for us and hopefully the store had one. I won't know until about a hour before my pickup time, which is around noon today. It will be just the two of us. I will make Michael a pumpkin pie, oh so not my favorite, but will do it for him.

My uglies are caught up, so I will sew. Sarah, after her test, stopped and got the things we needed from JoAnn's and now I can just put the pedal to the metal and sew, sew, sew! Her carpet is done and looks very nice. Ethan did some more of the baseboards in the house for me too. I paid him in fresh chocolate chip cookies.

So not much more new here, stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:40 am

Good Cloudy Morning......freezing rain coming........

I think this is the 1st Thanksgiving I've done no baking. I wonder if they'll miss my pie & green bean casserole.
Even though I have 1 Charm Pack to go I'm taking a break from tote bags. So I'll be looking for a new project today.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FLO!!! HAVE THE BEST OF THE DAY AND ENJOY!!!!
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:53 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Turkey Prep day!

Tina... Thank you so much for that beautiful prayer. I am going to print it out and keep it handy.... a great reminder for every day to be Thankful! What a wonderful memory to have ---of family gathered to have your Dad read that prayer.

Judi.... Sorry to hear you've had to spend a little time with Jack.. Though I have found it's much easier to rip seams that it is to rip out funky quilting! :lol: Your "funeral" reminds me of the big family TG dinners we had when my kids were little... always at my folks with people sitting every where.. Even on the floor.... A "kids table" of course. The way my folks kitchen was set up, we'd all line up through kitchen to dining room, through the living room to say grace.

Maryz.... For a tech guy like Bill, I can only imagine how frustrated he is trying to get that new computer to work. Sounds like he's going to need a little glass of wine by the end of the day... or may be a BIG glass. Wonderful news that you have your Bernie all set up... So happy for you that you get to spend time with Autumn. I had a dream last night that Jen, Michael and Eli were moving back to MN! Oh if it were only true!

Diane... Not to worry, I'll keep your secret! No body around here for me to tell, and besides, by tomorrow I'll probably forget. Hoping to facetime with DD tomorrow too, but for my Canadian kids it's just another day.

Velda.... Left overs are the best part of Thanksgiving dinner! Turkey sandwiches! Pumpkin Pie...

Becca... Will you get to see some of your twins? I imagine Brodee and Hadlee are getting bigger and stronger every day!

Flo... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a good time with your "sister"... Restaurants are closed here and how I miss going "out to lunch" with my sis!

Katy.... Thanks for the update on your EX... good news that it wasn't a stroke, but hope they figure out the cause of the seizure and can prevent any more. Sounds like a mess in your basement... and doesn't this kind of stuff always happen around a holiday!

Caroline.... Please thank your DD for her service to the vets.. I have a special place in my heart for nurses. They are truly God's angels on earth.

Chriss.... My kids asked me if I wanted one of those "one cup" coffee pots... I laughed.. I'd be pushing that button all day long! I too have a Mr. Coffee, only because it was cheap when I needed a new pot. Turns out Kevin's FIL is negative for covid so I might get to see them for a little pit... They usually have big early dinner at Sara's folks, then come here for dessert.

Jana.... You don't like pumpkin pie? Can't say it's my favorite, that would be strawberry-rhubarb, or chocolate cream, or dutch apple,... but hey anything with whipped cream is okay by me!

Kathy.... What??? No green bean casserole???? What is the world coming too!

Time for me to get in gear... Promised myself I'd head out for some more Christmas shopping today... and a run into Joann for a few things. Need to grab some batting for Viv and for me. She's coming up next week so we can go to the big warehouse.

Wishing you all a most wonderful Wednesday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:24 am

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! My Thanksgiving plans have taken a hit. My son Doug and his family were coming for Thanksgiving until someone my Grandson John goes to school with got Covid. Now 75 kids from his school are all quarantined at home for 2 weeks. Bet that messed up alot of plans. He can't come here and I can't go there. Tomorrow Doug will bring me the dessert that Erino made for our dinner and I will send home with him turkey, dressing, and potatoes. What a wonderful way to spend the holiday as I am sure many of you are doing also. I do know though that things could be worse. Wait until next year.

Lots of rain here today but that is good. My ponds need it.

TinaB - I really loved your prayer. Thanks for posting it.

Well, better go get something to eat. Hope everyone has a good day. Safe trips for any of you that are traveling.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:31 pm

this was on Face book today

Quilt in a Day and Eleanor Burns
1h ·
SNEAK PEAK for Thanksgivings Superrrr Deal!
We will be giving a Free Downloadable Pattern for ONE DAY ONLY! Don't Miss Out On This TOMMORROW!!!
Just click the link tomorrow and it will direct you to the pdf you can download to your phone or computer.
It will be the link for 11/26!
Click this link here: https://us12.campaign-archive.com/home/...
Once again, Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:18 pm

Chriss, I saw that too. Sounds like you'll have a nice day tomorrow with you dad and mom. I bet you are happy to have a little break from work. No go get some sewing done. lol

Caroline, good to see you post. Sounds like you have been busy with life. I can't believe Natalie will be 14 in January.

Flo, hope you enjoyed your birthday doing something fun. Like eating cake. That's always fun.

I went to the LQS and got backing for a quilt. Then layered it. So it's ready to go. Then I was looking for some fabric and ended up sorting through a bunch of stuff.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”