Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday Novenber 24th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday Novenber 24th

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 am

Good Morning Girls

Rain, rain go away.. come again some other day! have a sneaky feeling snow is coming this way too.. .we're right around 32* so the roads could get a little icy!

Judi.... Such good news that your DS if feeling better every day. My condolences to your dear turkey. What kind of pie are you making? I'm going to treat myself to a real pumpkin pie.. with lots of whip cream. I'd love to decorate the outside of my house too, but I don't do ladders either, so I just hang a lot of light in my front bay window! DEX did lights on the roof line one year, and swore he would never do it again.. and he didn't. There are companies out there now you can hire to do it!

Caroline... .OH My Gosh,.... It is so great to see you back. We have all been thinking about you! I remember when Nathan was born and now here he is 8 yo already.. And your darling Natalie is a TEENAGER! I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis though, and will keep you in prayers for successful treatment and perhaps a remission? I hope you can come back often to join in our fun!

Jana... So hope Sarah's test comes out with good news today. Even if she does need gall bladder surgery... it's pretty quick and easy. I've been to St. George, UT... it's a beautiful area.

Flo.... Glad you got your errands done.... I did my Target run and it pooped me out!

Becca... Any kind of cake sounds good to me... but SUGAR cake? I'm there! Am kind of getting bug to bake some cranberry bread.... Just have to check to make sure none of the ingredients I have on hand aren't expired! :lol:

Diane.... You're not one of those people that gets up at 0500 on Black Friday to go shopping? :lol: :lol: Me either! NO Way! Never have, never will. Joann's black Friday starts tomorrow, so I may venture out to there.

Izzy... You make your own pie filling? When I made Kevin's apple pie for his birthday I used canned stuff... and threw in some craisins! Good thing I only did 1/2 of it, because Kevin does NOT like craisins! So fun to have your little buddy there to help you with projects...I bet he loves to help in the kitchen!

Velda... Happy Birthday to your son! Lots of November birthday's around here. My Sara's birthday is TG day as well. Since I don't have to drive to work any more, it can snow all it wants...

Maryz..,, Are you getting the hee-bee-jeebies from not being able to sew! I can only go so long with out sewing and I break out in DT's. You need one of those little cart thingees to haul your laundry to laundromat! I'm guessing it takes a couple days to get everything organized.. Hope Bill can get your computer all fixed up for you!

Chriss... Oh NO... broken coffee pot? I'm kind of wishing mine would die so I could get a new one.... they make these ones that don't use a pot... you just push your coffee cup under a "spigot"... Did you buy the big roll of "toasty cotton" at Joann? I'm almost tempted to grab 2 rolls when I'm there. I'm getting some quilt tops ready for Viv to quilt for me and I'm thinking I'd send a roll with her.

Made my Target run yesterday... picked up a few groceries and Christmas gifts. Treated myself to a new artificial tree. It's not a pre lit one, so I'll have to dig out my supply of lights. I was hoping the kids could come help me decorate, but Kevin's FIL is running a fever so until every body is clear, they are staying away. Probably won't see them at all for TG. Today they are closing on their new house and will move over the weekend. I was hoping to go help, but I think it's best I stay away for now.

Better get in gear this morning.... am finally going to go get a hair cut... can't wait... It's getting so long I can get it in a pony tail! and for me... that's way too long! I don't have pretty naturally curly hair so it hangs like strings! :lol:

Have a Terrific Tuesday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:41 am

Good Cloudy Morning........40*

You know how we do not like when things break down just before the holidays!? Well the vacuum I had fixed last year is broken again same thing & a thermostat isn't working right....I set it at 65* & it runs at 70*.
I don't sleep well at 70*. I'm happy there's a little sun out today.
Thanksgiving? I'm skipping it altogether this year. Talked to my sister & we thought it might be best for me to stay away from people that work out in the world. I went to pick up a turkey breast but they only had Butterball, to me they taste odd with the prebasting. :( No cooking no leftovers. Maybe my sister will sent over a dinner.
I've been putting fabric away. I pulled out so much making the totes. I found an other charm pack.....where did they come from.

It's so wonderful to see you Carolyn.....you were missed. You sure have been through many changes. Can't believe how old Natalie is. A young lady.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:53 am

Yuk Butterball turkeys - they use rancid butter - that's what makes them taste funny!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am

Good morning and happy tuesday!

Zoom meeting at 9, then weekly Covid test at 10, open sew 10:30 - 5:30.

DD got her Covid test back finally, yes she is positive. Says she is feeling a bit better every day. Trying to keep up her school work which should be done tomorrow. She thinks she will then work on her quilt a bit. In between resting of course. The kids are going to make her Thanksgiving Dinner and bring it to the apartment. I hate that she will be alone but guess there is really nothing I can do about it.

Have applied at two other part time jobs. Will work at the current one through the 4th. There is a home health nursing job that I can pretty much pick my schedule. I requested 10 visits a week. I can do that in 2 days. Nice per visit salary with mileage and bridge toll paid.

Found out the base will no longer let anyone on base to deal with retiree business unless they have Power of Attorney. That kinda sucks as now I can't send DH to take care of things for me unless he drags Dad along and I am a bit concerned with his exposure to the outside world.

Sorry had to go see a patient. Will get back tomorrow
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:44 am

Chris's, ask me that question again in April. Ha, Ha. I do miss all my quilting friends who also go to Texas. The way things are, we couldn't have our together time each day, but next year will be better, I truly believe.
As for Illinois winters, well some can be quite a challenge, but not all the years. I was born and raised in Illinois. Northern Illinois, at that. Southern Illinois is much milder.
But, like I said, I will wait and see how I feel fine Spring. 🥰🤩
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”