Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday November 21

Daily discussions.
Becca

Saturday November 21

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 am

Good morning everyone sunny &bright here I have laundry going Will do my floors today too
DDcalled yesterday They are coming on Monday
I had a busy day yesterday Always like a productive day
Chris So glad the test is over I’m praying for all to be normal
Valerie Prayers for DD that she gets well soon
Judi Prayers for your DS to heal fast Liam USA real help for You & Ken with your redo
Flo Hope you get a day off
Kathy I’m so happy your shot worked I had 2 one time & was allergic to them Didn’t ever feel any relief
Must get going Have a great day everyone
Becca

FlorenceM

Re: Saturday November 21

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 am

Morning Becca & all to follow
Got bad news yesterday. DGD in Cali can't come visit for Christmas because of covid...this ticks me off. I want the world back to normal .
Today is Sams club. Probably my last outing for awhile with covid on the rise.
The gift I thought hubby was getting me for Christmas was for my birthday, which is this coming Wednesday. He got me a 2 tone Bulova watch. Its beautiful.
Time to get busy.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 am

Good morning,colder here high only 45 today. I got all the blocks squared up and am ready for construction...might get to do some later today.
Right now I will make some breakfast....we sometimes go up to the local for breakfast and head out to run errands after...But we are shut down...so I get to cook. Hockey was also cancelled. so I guess we need to find something else to do around here,,,,Like the basement remodel....The old paneling is coming down and the guy before us used 2x4s and a ton of insulation,,,we always wondered why our basement was so warm in thr winter and cool in the summer...Ken said the guy did such a nice job we will only need to put drywall up where the paneling was....but we need to do a ceiling and floor too.. Some new piping for the boiler and different heat runs down there,,,Ken will zone it off so It can be used only as needed,,,But I have a feeling this room will be used a lot....a whole lot... but its going to be awhile...we are pretty slow...
Well back to breakfast and coffee...hope you all have a great day, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO PS Flo I know the feeling of not having family near for the holidays,,,it is very depressing,,,perhaps a video chat will fill the void ;) Becca hope you are feeling ok. Lian is a great kid...he loves to come here and help.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:39 am

Good morning everyone.
It has been a busy morning for me. When I woke up it was around 44 degrees. I have fixed breakfast, cleaned the house and exercised. I am relaxing for a little while and then I plan on sewing. I want to get a wall hanging done that is part of the wedding present and finish the border on my beach quilt. Well, I better get going or nothing will get done. Have a great day everyone.
Suzette

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:44 am

A big thank you to Chriss and Jana and anyone who gave me info on flame retardancy in flannel. I learn so much on this forum!

Now bear with me friends:
My Mother was a great knitter. She made over 300 of the Irish Fisherman sweaters. One of the unique things she did was use elk antler buttons on the cardigans. My dear Mother passed away in 1999, and I miss her every day. But in looking for buttons for the flannel nightgown I am making for my great- granddaughter I have found several cards of the elk antler buttons. I know I will never use them for anything, and would like to share them with someone who would. If you are interested, please send me a private message with your email, and I will send you a photo of the buttons. I will be happy to send them to anyone who would use them. They are cross-sections of elk antlers, have two holes, and are of course not perfectly round. There are 7 buttons on a card which are matched, but I have 10 cards of them, and the buttons on each card have their own character.

I have not been very good with the private message thing here since the change, and I have typed responses sometimes that never show up. So be patient, and if you write and I don't respond, give me a nudge, and I'll try again. If I knew how to post pictures here I would do it that way. But I'd need a private message anyway for an address. I'm hoping someone would like these buttons and they wouldn't just be sitting in a drawer here forever and ever amen!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:05 am

Good morning!

We are in Texas but still have one more night on the road before we get to Austin. Yesterday both of my sisters were in Raton New Mexico about the same time, one in an RV headed for Austin and one in the car headed for California. But neither knew the other was there! Right now we are parked next to people from Iowa whose niece and two nephews went to school with my kids in Gig Harbor, just 1/2mile from our house. The world is small! Foxy is doing much better. This morning I think he is back to normal. I believe you all were right that it was the heat. It makes me sick too.

Ann, i’ve seen those buttons. Love them. Almost worth learning to knit just to get your buttons!

Judy, is your redo project just work on when you can or do you have a hoped for completion date in mind?

Kathy, I have never heard of those shots working so quickly. Lucky you!

Chris, glad Jerry came through everything OK. Now we just wait on results! 🙏

Becca, it does feel good to sit down in the evening and know you’ve had a productive day!

Suzette, you will really have a very productive morning! You deserve to Sew all day long!

Flo, sorry your granddaughter can’t come for Christmas. But I think almost every family in the nation is going through the same thing, so you are in a lot of good company!

My sewing has been confined to my Cross-stitch. But I am almost 3/4 done with my current project, 7“ x 9“ retro trailer in snow with three snowmen. It’s called “winter camper“ by Bobby G designs. I have the set of four in all the seasons. This is the first one I’m doing.

Have a good day! We have 318 miles to our next stop

Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:18 am

Good BURRRRR morning!

It's 27 outside , so I added some warmth and will stay snuggled until the heater turns on. It's on a programmed timer and the timer is not where I am and I am lazy!

Stu is working hard training. He is working his normal hours and it looks like he won't be back until sometime near the middle of December.

Sarah has several areas already painted in her basement, and thought she had enough paint, but was running out, so went and picked up another 5 gallon bucket. Ethan's room will be fun. She will paint one wall a deep navy blue and add precut vinyl star constellations on that wall. Ethan loves looking at the stars with his Dad and the telescope. Sarah found a place online that makes the precut vinyl. The only bug a boo with her basement finishing was Home Depot lost her order of flooring - this flooring is the vinyl planks in the areas where the rug won't be and has to be down first. Home Depot finally found the 40 boxes and will get it to her this morning. It was supposed to be in Thursday! That flooring goes quick, but it will be close - carpet is Tuesday.

Not much else for me. Sewing is my to do list today.

Stay Safe!

Yesterday, our leader, president and prophet of the church gave a beautiful message on how to help us and the world overcome this pandemic. He asked that we share how grateful we are. Even that we are grateful for our trials. I am grateful for my family, my heath and for my friends, you! I hope that we can share our gratefulness with all, here, family, friends, over social media. This message of President Nelson is on YouTube for all to watch. You can view it, Message of Hope, by Russell M Nelson. Please do.

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 am

Oh my, just lost my whole post! Short and sweet

DD is feeling a bit better.
I am off the next 2 nights.
Can't figure out my iron.
Santa is immune to Covid! and can't spread it to little boys and girls!

Have a great day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:06 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in. Need to go and get some furnace filters for winter. I am one of the people who change my filters every month in the winter. My Dad was a fireman and I remember him telling me about all the fires he went to where people did not change the furnace filters. I change mine each month and it isn't that big of an expense and I know my Dad in Heaven is smiling.

Was also going to get a new set of flannel sheets for my bed. For once i checked my closet and found a set that I had bought and used last winter. That saved me some money. Thank goodness I checked.

It is cold here again so guess winter is getting close. Today is football watching, laundry and cross stitching. I need to get back to my quilting.

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe and warm.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:31 am

Good Morning Girls

Yippee! It's Saturday! Oh wait... cancel that... it's chore day. :|

Becca... Sounds like we will be doing the same thing today... Laundry and floors! I've been avoiding the floor cleaning for a while, but better not any more... there's something sticky! As much as I hate doing the cleaning stuff... I'm always so proud of myself when the house is clean and all the threads are vacuumed up..

Flo... Oh no, so sorry to hear your DGD can't come after all. I know how you were looking forward to it. I have a t-shirt that says "I don't need therapy, I just need to see my Grand Children"

Judi... Same thing here.... everything canceled. No hockey for Nolan, no restaurants. As much as I hate that we are on a sort of lock down again, I'm hoping this will SLOW things down a bit. Your new basement will be so nice and cozy! The guy was smart to add insulation down there.. My lower level is always so cold.... typical split entry house. Are you loving your new car... or I bet you would if there was somewhere to go!

Suzette... My goodness you have been busy this morning... Did you have some "High test coffee" before you got all that done!

Ann.... OH thank you for sharing about your Mom... My Mom too was a great knitter, I still have many of her needles. She did an Irish Sweater or too... But her thing was blankies... I still have the blue blanket she made for my 1st son. After she lost her eye sight in her left eye, she knew a pattern by heart and that's all she would do... just strips of the same pattern and sew together. Your buttons sound so cool. I wonder if they would work on the camo jammies I am making for my Nolan.

Maryz YEAH you made it to Texas. You mean your sisters were in the same campground and never saw each other? Once when we took the kids to the Black Hill and Mount Rushmore... We went into a McDonalds, and there was my brother Chris. He decided to take himself on a little road trip. Tomorrow you'll hit Austin? Ready for Hugs?

Jana.... I'm going to have to check out the message from your President... as I am a firm believer in being grateful. Every morning I thank God for the beautiful day (even when it's not). Stopping to be grateful I think, just helps us cope with the icky things... because no matter what.. there is still GOOD.

Valerie.... Nothing worse than a broken iron... Can't tell you how many I've gone through in the last few years. The last one I bought is a Hamilton Beach "Durathon" and I have to say, so far... It's been pretty darn good. Even a Rowenta I had didn't last very long. Good to hear your DD is feeling better.

Sherry... Oh thanks for the reminder... I need to get new furnace filters too. I better write down the size this time... every time I go to get them... I grab the wrong ones! Enjoy your Day with your sports!

Plans to meet my sis for lunch tomorrow are canceled.... :cry: :cry: Guess I'll just stay home and sew. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday... we were going to celebrate hers and our birthdays.. kind of November tradition we had when my Mom was alive.

Better get more liquid ambition and start the house chores.. .I think the kids are coming to visit today to do a little Christmas decorating with me, but haven't heard for sure yet. In the meantime... I'll clean!

Wishing you all a Super Saturday

Return to “Sew ins”