Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, November 19th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Thursday, November 19th

Post by suzette58 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:47 am

Good morning everyone
Yesterday was sewing day with my friend. We didn’t sew as long as we usually do so hubby and I went to a butcher shop and bought a package of different cuts of beef. We then ate lunch at Red Lobster. They had the dining room set up very well for social distancing. The food was wonderful. Today is grocery day early. We are at the store when it opens. Then I will go downstairs and sew. I have to finish my beach quilt and work on a wall hanging that is part of the wedding present quilt. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday, November 19th

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:47 am

Morning Suzette & all to follow
Suzette i used to love Red Lobster until I got food poisoning and the manager called me a liar. I wanted nothing just for them to know so they could make sure no one else got sick.
Today I get my DGD off to school & pick her up. So sewing in between. Need to make another grocery store run. School next week is canceled and they are talking full lock down out here again. So much for my birthday luncheon next week with my friend...
Have a sew great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 am

Good Morning,, Turmoil at my house...My son appears to have the covid. Not the one who lives here, he lives a couple of towns over from me and I actually havent seen him in a few weeks. He went hunting last weekend with a few friends and one of the young guys (19) was sick and went anyway,,,(he had only mild symptoms) Now my son has a headache and body aches and a fever,,,He was tested but doesnt have his results back yet, seems so many folks have the disease but all different, So our Turkey funeral will probably be smaller, by at leasdt 4 at this point. waiting to see if anyone else has something to tell me....Our gov has shut down all the restuarants again even though the resturants are the most compliant of all businesses, she shut schools and sports too..

My new car is a 2020 Ford Escape (we are a Ford family) it is Persian green,,,a lovely teal color. I would like a quilt with this color in it...LOL It rides veery nice,,,I will repair the other car and Ken will drive it to work and we will sell the jeep, (a 99 beater) and of course Big Red the truck usually gets parked for the winter til Feb. We are still planning to go to Florida if the vaccine and the covid starts to go away, I have read all the info I can find on the vaccine and it apppears to be effective and we shall see how it goes as every one starts to get it,,,
Liam come over and spent the night,,,He has school today but start time is flexible so DD said he could start late today,,,He was happy and got to demo some walls in the basement...He and I will carry out some old paneling and 2x4s,,today, we get the messy part. He is so much help.
Well I will go get coffee and get dressed,,,H wont be up for quite a whilw so I will sew a bit...till then. Have a wonderful day and Prayers for you all to stay healthy,,and happy....XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 am

Slept under a few blankets last night. Hey-which one of you let winter in!! WHO!! I was not prepared for it. Hubby turned on the fireplace so we are now set. BRR!!
I'm still making the flying geese blocks for the (probably never finished) top. Oh well. Just another UFO.
Hope to go the the LQS and find out about my Janome. I hope the factory is open and working in NJ. The virus counts are horrible in NY and NJ. We are being careful like everyone else is trying to do.
Please be safe
It will be only hubby and I for Thanksgiving --but our prayer that day will be for health and peace for all.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:04 am

Good morning everyone The sun is up warming things up. 30 again
Diane We too will probably be just us for Thanksgiving
Judi I’m sorry about your DS Hope his case is mild. Nice that DGS helps you
Lois I’m anxious to see the red truck finished
Suz Glad you enjoyed your meal We haven’t eat out this year
Flo Sorry about your shut down I think it’s hitting many states
Valerie Praying for your DD that her case is mild
Chris Praying for Jerry & you today

I stripped beds so that will be done The flannel ones get put on
I have to finish my closet cleaning Our DGS FaceTimed They will be here next week but they stay at his DBs house but they visit us Hope everyone has a great day Stay well. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 am

Good beautiful morning, Still dark outside but beauty is what you make it.

I heard form Carolyn ( Natalie's grandma) She replied to a message I sent to her. She is trying to get on QIAD but is not able to. password issues I believe. She is calling their customer service to have them give it a try. Not sure what she meant but it sounds like things aren't going great for her and she could use some prayers.

Suzette, I haven't been to Red Lobster in years. what did you have? I love seafood. Not a lobster or oyster fan but give me that fish, crab or shrimp and I will be your best friend. We also get to stores when they open, don't want to be around people just yet, will wait till the numbers go down.

Flo, really sad but necessary to shut down schools. Seems like this virus has really taken off. Wish there was a way to keep our kids on track with their learning but it would seem this year is probably a loss. very sad.

Judi, I googled your new car, it is beautiful. love the color. Glad Liam is a big helper, it's been fun watching him grow up. Personally I think he is too young to be working so hard, but he is likely older than I think he is. Prayers for your son, hope he is negative, and that his family is also negative.

Diane, I am only responsible for letting fall in, I had no idea that winter would be so close behind fall. I sure hope things are moving along with your machine, Do you have a machine that you can use while it is down?

Kathy, wish you would come here. I have lots of fabric for you to feel, and as we are feeling it maybe we could sort it and cut up some scraps too? How did your Ortho doc appointment go?

Maryq, what luck to have your kids help you install your bunk quilt shelf beds. Sons are the best! Can you show a picture of your Nativity wall hanging? I'd like to see it.

Lyn, the mouthwash is something I never thought of. Going to the store today and will check it out.

Jana, prayers for your nephew and family.

Becca, enjoy your DGS visit. I remember loving visiting my grandparents, so many good memories.

Today is the day poopy pete gets to have his proceedure. it is supposed to take a minimum of three hours. My plan is to go get some batting at Joanns, I need to fax a letter and my cheap Amazon $20 printer is not a fax machine so will go to Staples. I'd like to go to the used book store and I need to go to the bank. There shouldn't be a lot of people in any of these places and I am sure I will have spare time. so I will wait in the parking lot until he is done. I do have to work until noon.

Nothing else is new here, just got an email that says CT has 25% off of all kits, gotta go see what that is about.

you all have a superb day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:21 am

Good morning!

No more news on my nephew.

Sewed yesterday and have the applique blocks done for my bench pillow. Now onto a few pinwheel blocks and cut out the squares that are needed. In this pillow, there were some yoyos that made up into a lollipop for a block. Only three yoyos, but I muddled through and got them made. I will add them to my list of never ever, no, nyet, nada, and any and all other words for NO! Can you tell I HATE yoyos to make. They go on that list with hexies. All of you that love to make those, my hat is off to you for you patience and hand work. Not my cup of tea!

Called and talked to the shop that has the bedroom furniture we like. They were very nice and helpful. There isn't the one on the showroom floor for display, but I was able to get the info we needed. It won't be a Christmas present, because the lead time to get here is 12 weeks, more like my BD present in February. The shop has color samples of the stain finishes, that way I can get close to the color of my current dressers that we are keeping and using. Those dressers are in excellent condition, so no need to spend more money on new ones. The shop will even bring the samples to the car, so we can stay out of any possible exposure. It is a small local business here, which is nice. I do like local over the big box chain type stores. So we will see today about ordering the new bed. It is a Mission style oak bed, with a headboard and a footboard. The headboard is tall, about 67 inches with an ached top and a small section of turned, iron spindles. Those spindles are in the arch and about 6 inches tall. The rest of the headboard are mission style panels. The footboard is shorter, just the right height to sit on and put on your socks. About 20 inches tall.

So in a bit, will head and sew some more on the pillow. So need to get all that Christmas fabric back in it's box. It is all over my sewing area!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 am

Good morning,

Judi, sure sorry to hear of your son’s illness. I hope he has an easy case and no one else gets sick! Your car is a pretty color!

Diane, sorry about those FG. I was thinking you were making two twins for your DGD’s. Are you using El’s geese rulers? What size? Maybe you could just do, say, a dozen a day. FG by the hundreds can make one crazy.

Flo, happy sewing day! Sorry you got food poisoning. Did you report it to to the health dept?

Suz, happy sewing day to you, too!

Chriss, I’m on Jerry’s prayer case today! Covid makes everything different, of course, but when we had ours our driver could not leave to run other errands. They had to wait in the waiting room. I hope Carolyn can get on the forum. Sorry to hear she isn’t doing well. Do you know if it’s health or life in general?

Becca, have a good day. We haven't eaten out since Jan, though we have ordered take out a few times.

Jana, glad you found the bed you like. It sounds much like ours except we don’t have an arch. And ours is pretty high. Sometimes I’m tempted to ask Bill to cut the legs off. But, you know how that could go! I’m thinking maybe you might not like making yo-yos. 😹. I found using the yo-yo maker makes them easier and less tedious. It’s great work for whiling away waiting time, traveling time, or TV time. It’s hand stitching binding that I hate! I can bind a queen quilt in 1-1/2 hours, start to finish. And that includes making the binding. No more hand- binding for me! Nope!

Our kitty doesn't seem to be feeling well. His appetite is down and he keeps hiding out in the storage bin (that’s where his litter box is and he has a cat flap to get in there). He did sleep on the bed all night but was hesitant to jump down. Not like his usual athletic self. I hope we dont have to hunt up a vet on the road...😿

We are moving on to Deming NM today for just one night. Tomorrow we will finally be in Texas! Though it will still take us another few days to get to our final destination. It’s a big state! I miss sewing and love reading all the details of everyone’s projects. Keep ‘em coming!! I love my cross-stitch but it’s just not the same.

Mary Z

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 am

Good Sunny Morning!!!

It's 24' going up 28'.

Well....something "exciting" finally happened. The orthopedic said I have really bad arthritis in both knees. No padding left & why didn't I do anything about it. Told him I had & was told just take some pain killer.
But my exciting news is he gave me 2 cortisone shots & they feel 95% better. I'm happy I respond so well to it. I'll do the shots until they do not work & they I'll think of replacements. I liked him. He asked me all kinds of questions from my computer chart & told me a few other things about my self. Good Dr.
So today I'll try it out by going out, need to go to Wmart & Stop & Shop and need gas.
I heard that TP & cleaning supplies are in short supply again. I think shopping & putting it away is all I'll be doing to day.

Suzette.......happy you got to sew with your friend yesterday even it was for a short time. I've never been to Red Lobster.....but I do buy & cook them. Every day my sister worries about her job.

Flo........I guess I'll see you at the grocery store! I do not knot if any children are 'in' school here but my nieces are schooled at home. We are heading for a lockdown again too. Sorry about your lunch.

Judi.........prayers for your son & your family. And big ((((((HUGS))))). I read in my paper that there are 10 variations of the virus....mutations. Looked up your car very very nice.....enjoy. Very nice to have a little helper.

Diane......winter is really here! Keep warm! Hope things work out for Janome.

Becca......looks like you are doing some organization going on there. Keep it up. Have a wonderful visit.

Chriss......My neighbor tried to give my the tote bag back....I didn't take it. She can always regift it.
Yes, I've seen that method of cooking turkey/chicken but never tried it. Good idea. Thanks for the photo offer....I'll give it a try if my phone lets me. I hope Carolyn can get get back in here. It's been a long time. I'd love to help you with your fabric.....I'll not be responsible for missing items. What size scraps you you save. I have a collection of 2 1/2" I should use them. More Prayers for Jerry & you.

Must get going to the store......Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:23 am

Good Morning Girls

Well, all my snow is gone.... Only thing left is a sad remnant of "Olaf" (the snowman in my front yard) Not to worry, this IS Minnesota and I'm sure we will have snow for Christmas! I'm only hoping it stays away until I get all my shopping done!--Which I haven't even started!

Suzette... Do you guys have a secondary freezer? I've been so tempted to go to Sara's Dad's meat market and stock up on some beef---burger and roasts, and some pork chops. But my little freezer won't hold much. My favorite thing at Red Lobster is the biscquits... but now that you can buy the mix at the grocery store... Your Wall hanging for the wedding gift is the Sunflower right? I bet it will be so cute!

Flo. How is the tile cleaning coming along.. Take a break today and sew sew sew. What does your DDIL do all while DGD is at school? Set her up with a rag and a bucket of water for those tiles. :lol:

Judi... You must be just livid about your son's hunting partner going hunting anyway... It's those inconsiderate folks that are ruining it for the rest of us... I so hope and pray your son has only mild symptoms and gets over it quick. You will love your Escape! When I got mine black was the only color the dealer had, but it was brand spanking new.. only 5 miles on it. So happy for you and it sounds like such a pretty color. I'll have to google the color, because Teal is one of my new favorite colors

Diane.... There isn't a sewing machine repair place closer than New Jersey that can fix your machine? Have you checked with A1 Sewing/Vacuum center on Ronnie Court? I googled yellow pages :lol: What a difference in weather this year.. It's been so nice here I've been tempted to open up the windows a little for some fresh air!

Becca.... Put my flannel sheets on the other day too! But it's been so warm here, I probably don't really need them just yet.

Chriss... Sending lots of prayers for "Poopy Pete" this morning! I'm thinking they will have some results quickly? I so hope so ... waiting sucks! Will send a few prayers for Carolyn too, It would be nice to hear from her again. Posted a picture of my Nativity Wall hanging for you.

Jana.... LOL I'm so with you on Yo-Yo's... not something I have the desire to make... Hexi's are on that list too. Your new bedroom furniture sounds gorgeous! If I had a big huge master bedroom I'd go for a big Canopy type bed. Love Canopy beds, except for the dusting part! :lol:

Kathy.... So glad you like your new Dr! Aren't those cortisone shots the bomb!!! I always heard that they were painful, but when I had mine.. it was a breeze and my knee felt so much better within minutes! I heard too that WM is running out of TP and cleaning stuff... I still have some Industrial TP I bought last spring from Amazon... that's my back up! :lol:

Still in Jammies here, so I better get in gear... The gremlins made a mess in my kitchen last night and left dishes soaking in the sink.. bad gremlins. So I'm off to get dressed, refill my coffee, clean up a little... then head down to sew. Got the Nativity Wall hanging done for Sara's Mom yesterday and will quilt and bind today. Then my baby brother sent me some curtains he wants me to fix for him, so I may work on that... and pray I don't screw them up! Always nervous when I do something for somebody else!

Wishing you all happiness today

Return to “Sew ins”