Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday November 17th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday November 17th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:30 am

Good mornin we had some snow furries but nothing stuck. good. I am carless today Ken took the truck to work,,,he will get a "dolly to tow the car to the dealer...his buddy has one and its cleaper thn a tow truck. This part of the transmission might be covered under the drive train (dont ask I just repeat) so perhaps the damages are not that bad (to the budget) still will cost me.
My son called last night his hunting buddy has covid so we have another exposure. Pray he is negative...This is getting very depressing, even without breaking any rules we are exposed. but thank God all are feeling well even the guy with it..just a sctratchy throat...I am beginning to wonder how accurate these tests really are...so many are in the hospital with it (nursr friend said they have a covid floor and there are not many empty beds now) but a ton of people exposed but not really very ill...well we still hope no one gets it.
since I am carless today I will finish a load of laundry in the dryer and continue to square up blocks..hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday November 17th

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:48 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Stores are starting to go back to counting people as they go in we are going to bjs today also walmart trying to get a few things for TG
so I will go there when we get back I will put stuff away then I have to go to Joanns to get a few things then finish up the red truck quilt that didn't quite make it to be done yesterday.
Judi I hope things go well with your car and it can be fixed.

Well that's all the news for today I hope your day is a good one keep staying safe and doing what we have to do prayers go out to all.

Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:53 am

Morning
My Morning to get DGD off to school. DGD that lives her is almost 8. The DGD that will visit at Christmas is 13, they are half sisters. Its going to be a blast.
Have a great day
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:56 am

Good morning everyone sunny here but temp is cold
Judi I hope the car can be fixed And no one gets Covid Some people hardly know they have it

LoisI too have to get groceries I am anxious to see your red truck finished I almost ordered a panel

I have to get a hair cut then DG then groceries One of our stores has good buys for Thanksgiving
I will do laundry when I get Home Becca
Maryq Hope your day goes good I think you asked me a question but it left my memory Sorry lol
Flo I’m glad your other DGD is getting to come Enjoy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:06 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was the 16th. I noticed The date in our sew-in thread said the 12th. And I later realized I posted under the 15th. LOL!!

We are in Gila Bend, AZ now. Camped at a federal campground called painted rocks. There is a huge pile of boulders here with ancient petroglyphs Carved on them. Very interesting place though it was 91° yesterday.🥵. Moving on to Tucson today. It will be 90° there, also, but we will have power and therefore AC!

Judi, Hate to hear of another exposure in your family! Praying he is negative, too. Sometimes I wonder which mutation people are infected with. As of last July, our doctor friend told us there were already 10 mutations. I’m sure there are many more by now. Perhaps some carry different severity of the disease so some patients might have lighter cases? Hope your car is save-able! How many blocks are you squaring up altogether? I’m waiting for the sewing together part.

Lois, we plan to hit Costco and a grocery store in Tucson today or tomorrow. First time in real public in 2-1/2 weeks. I dont think AZ has any new restrictions yet. None we can find, anyway

Flo- your DGDs will be happy to be together again. Is this a visit or permanent move?

Becca, be safe on your errands today! Happy haircut! I accidentally brought two shampoos with me instead of one shampoo and one conditioner. My hair has been wild for last 10 days!

Mary Q, I dreamed last night that you texted me and said you were going to buy a motorhome and wanted To know what we thought you should get. That WAS a dream, right??

Yesterday I was x-stitching in the truck and dropped my scissors under the seat. Later, when I fished them out, I found Two of my embroidered bird blocks under there in a Ziplock bag! A leftover from summer travels! Glad I hadn’t tried to put those blocks together before we left on this sojourn. I would have driven myself crazy looking for those two escapees!

Piece!
Mary

PS. Forgot to mention our neighbor’s SIL called us. He finally got a judge to agree that she us a danger to herself and to others. She will be involuntarily committed in next day or so, for minimum 72-hr psyche eval but possibly for permanent placement. Huntington's is a terrible disease! 😥

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:38 am

Good morning,

Well, it sounds like DD does have Covid. She is testing today. Says she is very tired, spent yesterday in bed. Not too much cough or shortness of breath but she says the dizziness is horrible. Luckily her boyfriend has another home he can stay at so she can truly quarantine. Doctor is having her take Vitamins and zinc to boost her immune system and baby aspirin to prevent blood clots. She can talk to her kids on the phone. Hopefully she will stay able to prepare her meals and get fluids. I told not not to worry about the house, nobody coming to visit. I also advised her not to return to client until they both test negative. Hopefully this is a mild case. Unfortunately the clients wife (who tested positive) was traipsing all over Tahoe City yesterday. Idiot to the 10th degree!

Other than that, my cupboard doors are on. Knobs should go on today then I think kitchen is done! Yea! In time for Thanksgiving.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:28 am

Good morning all! Staying in today and doing doing "fun" house work. It was very cold here for last few days. I have lived in NW Ohio all my life and I still don't like the cold weather. Luckily with being retired I don't have to get out unless I want to. Since I live in the country I keep lots of extra food so don't have to go out. The virus is getting really bad here. The state has had over 6000 to 7000 new cases a day. Wouldn't be surprised if more things ill be getting shut down. Thank God for my hobbies or I would go crazier than I am.

Mary so glad that it seems that you will be getting some help with your problem neighbor. It sure has taken them a long time. Keep us posted.

Well, better go get some breakfast for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone has a good day.

Stay safe!
Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:28 am

Good morning!

Oh such a beautiful morning outside! Even warm too, for here and now, at least.

Heading to sew in a few minutes. Opened and either wrapped for Christmas, or put the Christmas decoration out, in the spot I bought it for. Some fun peppermint candy cane looking trees, that are made from resin. They go in my front window with the red/white tree I do there.

Sarah is making good progress on finishing her basement. They are painting the rest od the week and carpet is scheduled for next week. They are also changing how some of the rooms are used upstairs. Most of her furniture that is up, will be down and new after the first of the year. We may go out to the furniture store and look at a bed I found to see if it will work.

So not much more here. Stay Safe! Prayers!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:38 am

Good Morning Girls

Such a beautiful sunny day! Cold but sunny!

Judi.... So hope the transmission is an easy (aka cheap) fix! So sorry to hear your son was exposed! Gosh this is getting scary! Don't you wonder when it will end! And IF the vaccine will end it? Does your son have to quarantine? My Evie in Canada was sent home from school for 2 weeks because somebody in her class got it.

Lois... Have you ever tried Walmart pick up? I'm tempted to do that the next time I need groceries. It's kind of cool actually... you can start a list, add to it. Not sure how busy they are, I set a pick up time about a week out and was able to add things to my list and pick it up. Walmart is NOT my favorite place, but Target does it too. I need to hit Joann this week too, but the one I go to is usually pretty quiet, so I don't worry about too many people being there.

Flo... I bet those girls will have a great time spending some time together.

Becca... Don't feel bad, If I asked you a question, I don't remember what it was! :lol: Thanks for reminding me... I need to make an appointment for a hair cut too... before our Governor decides to close down beauty shops again!

Maryz..., Oh Yes, that definitely was a dream... about me getting a motor home! Though in my dreams I get a little camper and drive around the country visiting all my kids and friends! So good to hear that neighbor will finally get the help she needs. I don't envy her family having to go through this with her, but she will be in a safe place.

Valerie.... SO sorry to hear your DD has the "bug"... and will send prayers for a speedy recovery. In your travels as a nurse do you see the elderly having a harder time with it? Somebody ought to sit on clients wife!!! YEAH the kitchen is DONE!!! getting things back to normal???

Sherry... Oh do tell... what is FUN housework? I never knew there was such a thing. I've lived in MN all my life... and I too still hate the cold... but I have to say, I hate the heat more. Isn't being retired wonderful... Even without Covid I'm a homebody... I can go weeks without leaving the house.

Jana... You're starting to decorate already? Normally I don't until mid December, but I'm getting the bug to start here and there. Am thinking I might get Kevin to help me get some boxes down from the high shelf in the garage when he's here today. They move into their new house the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I won't have him close by after that.

Not sure what the plan for today is... but then I never have much of a plan... I did manage to finish one little quilt top yesterday and will sandwich and pin today.. might even start the quilting process. Kevin and family will stop by later tonight for a little birthday celebration. I'm making him an apple pie (no not from scratch) If you haven't ever tried Pillsbury frozen pie crusts.... they are the bomb! SO easy and so NOT messy!

Speaking of baking..... Do any of you guys bake and give for gifts at Christmas? I usually bake a few batches of mom's cranberry bread and some cookies or treats for neighbors etc. But I am wondering if that's such a good idea with Covid and all. Do you think it matters? I don't know if it's spread through food etc. I like to bring my Post Office treats because they are always so helpful and friendly.

Time for my coffee.... gotta grab the big mug to take downstairs with me!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:49 am

Good(?)Cloudy Morning.........

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a sun behind those clouds. Well the hospital bills are starting to come in. I haven't been in hospital since the 80's. So my 3 day stay was $13,000. Good thing I do not have to pay all of that but my share coming the same month I pay my prop tax and house & car ins plus Christmas is a little inconvenient.

I'm still working on tote bags. I never realized how many Charm packs I had tucked here & there. Most are from S Santas. I love looking at them all the bags. I could open a little store. I'm going to run out of iron on batting soon. Will have to try reg batt after that. My LQS is still not open. I'm starting to work up a list of things I want from there.

Today will start with uglies, & the dish washer. Then sewing.

Is there anyone here that will be 'Home Alone' on Thanksgiving besides me? No turkey!! I might go to the store tomorrow to look for a small turkey & then ask them to cut it in half. usually when I make turkey I bring half to my sister but I know she get a big bird. She won't need extra. If I can't get a small turkey I'll get peppermint ice cream!!

Judi........I hope the car thing works out just as you want it to. Will say some Prayers for your son & all the people running around when they shouldn't. Here they are starting to put up portable hospitals.

Lois.......hope you find all your want at Joanns.

Flo.......it sure will be extra special for Christmas with the 2 sisters together.

Becca......I have some laundry to do today...always laundry! Hope you find good deals on all you need at the store.

Matyz.........WOW......90's. It must be great to see the ancient carvings. So many wonderful things to see. Good you found those blocks.....it would have driven you crazy. What a relief for everyone that they are finally doing something for your poor neighbor. I had no idea that Covid had 10 mutations. It will get us coming & going!

Val......saying Prayers for your DD . Sounds like she has a good plan. Good news the cabinet are all in. The knobs will dress them all up.

Love & Prayers.................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”