Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November 12, 2020

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Monday November 12, 2020

Post by TeresaK » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:45 pm

GOod morning everyone :) I fear I have not read up as much as I should. This weekend has been tackling the laptop and how to move patterns from my laptop to my quilting tablet. They upgraded Quilt Path and I was so lost. Bound and determined to figure it out myself even though it gave my knots in my stomach from stress. Still a bit new to me but I am not as lost - YEA!!!

Down 6lbs in the last 3 weeks mainly from stress and stomach. Staples are chicken soup, saltines, water, 2 square inch of crustless pumpkin pie and blueberries. A very mini frittata and applesauce in the morning. Those I can keep down. I have no doubt that this will go away soon but weight loss is sweet.

I know it is the 15th but I am hoping that a number of you might make a couple of November Lotto Blocks. They do not take very long and use 5" squares. It is a FUN MSQC (my apologies Eleanor) block. Who know you could WIN!!!!!!!!

Sleeping pill is crossing my eyes. Have a MARVELOUS MONDAY!!!! I will be quilting Linda W. quilt

suzette58

Re: Monday November 12, 2020

Post by suzette58 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:34 am

Good morning Teresa and the others that follow.
Last night was a rough night. Something was going on on our street. It looked like 3 police cars were there with their headlights on. Of course that woke up the dogs which in turn they woke me up. That’s life. I have been working on a panel quilt for me. It has a beach theme which is perfect for this year. It is the closest I have gotten to the beach. We have decided to do Thanksgiving just hubby and I. The virus count is just getting too high and people just don’t seem to care. Better safe then sorry I guess. Well time for another cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:50 am

Good morning Ladies,
I'm up already have wash on having coffee.
Today I will finish the red truck quilt also I hope to go get some batting.
And i hope to go to the warehouse for fabric.
Our Thanksgiving will be just the 2 of us and then my son will do a drive by to get some left overs and of course pie :lol: .
Well that's all the news from my neck of the woods I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all in need.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:29 am

Good Morning,,it is still dark not sure what the weather will be today...yesterday we had hurricaine force winds and rain it was not our typical november weather. Hubby drove me to the grocery store and we stocked up for the holidays,,,,we are back to no dine in no gatherings and etc....starting wednesday....today is my sis birthday and we had planned lunch out and will do that,,,,restuarant and bar and other gathering places will shut down again ( again) for 3 weeks. starting wednesday....that will take care of thanksgiving for most people...my kids are still coming as we have all been together regularly for the past few months...even though many of us have been exposed to covid we are fine and since we already have been together we will continue to have our dinner,,,( please no criticism) we have followed all the guidelines and we are all fine...we have thanksgiving every other year,,so I wouldnt have it next year anyway,,,i leave it in God's hands,,,Ken worked around a guy all day,,,he got sick 2 days later and Ken was negative and fine...Our grandson was exposed several times with the hockey team and they are all fine and negative....by the way all sports have been cancelled as of wednesday too. and schools are closed...hope this helps those that are worried and relieves some of the admissions at the hospitals...(nurses I talked to said hospitals are fine, just a few more cases) well I need coffee and to get a few more blocks squared up. laundry is going, have a wonderful day,,,,XXXXOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:47 am

Good morning, Monday! UGH!

Had a rough weekend with Dad. Off his kilter for a couple days. That happens with Dementia. More confused, increase in incontinence (spent nearly 2 hours Sat evening cleaning everything up), stayed up late as he doesn't always understand the time anymore. His new thing is "considering the time, he'd like 2 eggs for breakfast". Now the actual time doesn't matter, can be 8:30 can be 10:30 so not sure where that is coming from .
Did get one side of the binding on my quilt. It is going to look nice I think. I did not use the original fabric I bought for the binding. Once all was said and done, I think the fabric was too light. Will post pic when I get it done.
Don't anyone hold their breath but my cupboard doors are supposed to go on today! I am not sure the status of the one that the contractor said was damaged in shipping but we will see.
There is talk that the county I live in will go back to the highest level of restriction as the numbers are climbing. We are supposed to get tested weekly but the testing sites won't usually do that. I go a few days after I have seen a Covid patient. This time I had to wait a bit longer as I just got tested on the 5th. I go tomorrow again, then the wait. It is easier to get into this site but the results take 4 - 6 days.
I am back to the new job today. My one day I work a full 8 hours. So off to shower, etc.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:54 am

Morning
Normal day yesterday. I spent last week making my own sourdough starter and last night it was ready for first loaf of bread. It was yummy.
Thanksgiving this year will be the 5 of us which is awesome, because last 4 it was just Joe & I.
Did get awesome news, DS1 stepdaughter will be here after Christmas. She is 13 & still lives in Cali with her bio-dad. It was a hard decision for DS1 & DDIL to leave Cali without her but they were homeless for 6 months living with friends and things weren't getting better. Think I will teach her to drive tractor. Could be fun.
Time to get moving.
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:56 am

Good morning from Myrtle beach. Beautiful sunny and cool day so far.
We will be home for the holiday. Haven't been to a sit down restaurant since Feb. and are not interested to do it now. Our numbers here are out of control like everywhere else. People still think it is not life or death to so many.
Today we'll go to my cousin's house to celebrate another of our cousins birthday. She turns 70. She was born Nov 1950 and I was born Feb 1951 so actually she is a year older than me and believe me I drive her crazy with that. Her grand kids love to tease her about me, her much younger cousin. LOL. Don't worry about her--she gets me back in Feb. We'll have early dinner there and cake. (This is our pod) We have all (3 couples) have been cautious since beginning of this although there is no hugging or kissing.
I hope everyone is still doing their best with this virus, I'm so very tired of it. The 1st responders are in my prayers.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:16 am

Good morning everyone beautiful & sunny here after a windy day yesterday
Maryz The colors must be a beautiful sight
Enjoy your travels

Suz I think many gatherings are small this year
Lois I’m anxious to see your red truck quilt
I love the truck with Christmas tree in back
Flo I Hope the girl is a big help for you
Diane Enjoy your day with Cousin
Teresa Thatsa lot of weight to lose in a short time Hope you feel better soon
Valerie Sorry about your Dad being confused That’s hard to deal with Hugs for you
It’s a beautiful day here so Imust get moving Our DS FaceTimed yesterday And phone calls from family too Was a good day Hope everyone has a great day. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:49 am

Good beautiful morning,

this weekend was partially productive. I started cleaning my sewing room and was distracted by some flying geese blocks that I got from the free table at quilt club. Jerry has a small table and I am making a small table runner for it. I need to make the binding and attach it and it will be done.

Jerry is going grocery shopping this morning, he will take my car and fill it with gas. then we are going to not go any where unnecessary hoping the virus numbers go down. He needs to call the colonoscopy doctor to see if they are still doing the procedure, his is scheduled for Thursday.

Lois, I need batting too. I only have smaller pieces. If Jerry still needs to be in town on Thursday I will pick some up then, otherwise I will order online.

Judi, enjoy your turkey day. glad everyone is testing negative in your clan. We are doing some real grocery shopping too anticipating a shutdown in the next town. Our county is starting to have cases where we were in the yellow tier counties around us are various shades of red. Makes no sense to be open while 30 miles away they are closing. I don't get it.

Valerie, Prayers for your dad. I think my step mom is starting to lose her memory as well. Every time we are together she asks Jerry if his parents are still alive and she asks me the name of my sons wife among other things. That wheel chair pattern with the pocket is online free. You will find it in a search or on Pinterest. If you go to trader Joes I want to try the seasoning called "Everything but the bagel" Our nearest trader joes is over an hour away and they only let a few people in at a time so the line is crazy long.

Flo, we took a trip to Illinois when my son was about 12 or so and Jerry's uncle let him drive the lawn tractor. he loved it and your granddaughter will too. what a fun grandma you are.

Diane, happy birthday to your much older cousin. My brother is not quite a year younger than me and on his birthday each year I tell him he will never be as old as I am.

Izzy, prayers for DH. hope his test comes back negative. I often use bobbins with some thread as a spool of thread.

Hope you girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:17 am

Good morning!

Seems to be quiet here at my house. Not much going on today either. I am a bit stiff and sore from helping my Ethan this weekend. The arthritis does not like stairs, which we worked on. So I will sew today and let the uglies have their fun, tackle them tomorrow.

Take care, stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”