Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday November 15th 2020

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday November 15th 2020

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:45 am

Good morning I was up at 5 am to thunder and lightening,,and rain. so up and dressed and has coffee and made the bed (Ken was up too)
First thank you Jana for the info on village lights,,,,we will look into the lighting for my village. I think a softer glow would be wonderful although my village is a lot smaller than yours...It would be pretty with different lighting,,,,Ken says he can help as soon as I get the village up this year so he can assess what i need. that will go up Thanksgiving weekend.
I dont think 2020 was done with me yet.....such a bad year....my car transmission decided to take a @#$% and I am carless....I can drive the truck or the jeep but I love my little car...8 years old and 100K in milage...but I was hoping it would last till spring. Now Ken will look into the repair and see what it might cost...if it is not pratical I will have to get a new one...He says he cn fix it but the software part is the problem...It is a very expensive programing issue...cr is not worth putting too much money into it..this is not in the budget........I think I need a few prayers...
Well i am off to the grocery store before the crowds...Ken says he will drive me....hope you all have a great day,,I have begun to square up all the hexi blocks..and soon the lay out will begin...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Re: Sunday November 15th 2020

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:11 am

Good morning!

It's early here, still dark and I can hear some wind blowing. Supposed to get some snow too.

It was door bell ringing yesterday. Delivery of a bunch of packages I ordered. The boxes are all in quarantine at the moment and I will open them later this morning. One is my sewing trims for doll clothes. I also received the package with the Christmas dresses for my girls and there was a nice surprise. My Karlie's dress has a matching doll dress that will fit her doll I made last year. Did goof on Lila's size and already reordered the right size. Now just to return the wrong one tomorrow.

So after church, I will sew.

Judi - so sorry about the bug-a-boos with the car. Hope it can be fixed. My Dickens isn't that big, I only have about 17 or so houses.

Well, time to scoot and finish a ugly or two before church.

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:19 am

Morning all
Judi, my Fiat has over 100,000 miles and I know I only have another year or so with it...
Today I will be washing tile. When we bought kids house it came with a pallet of ceramic tile for floors. It was and still is stored outside. So I will take it over a few days and knock a few years of dirt off. Once clean, will cover with tarp to keep clean...more rain next weekend.

Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:20 am

Good morning!

Judi, sorry about car. Pray reasonable fix. Yay, hexie blocks!

Izzy- last thing you need is quarantine! Hope all works out ok.

Chriss, we been moving too much. I forgot to comment on your gramma who accomplished all those wonderful things for your town. She was really a mover/ shaker!

Jana, it will be Christmas at your house opening those packages! We always spray all mail with Lysol, etc and let it sit in garage for a while, too.

Yesterday we drove about 380 miles. Only 2 rest areas and one if them was closed. Glad we carry our own bathroom!! We made it to Quartzsite. Boondocking out in desert. Usually there are hundreds of RV’s here, but this year, only about 15. Enjoying the AZ sunset, the views, the smells of the desert. Will be here another 1 or 2 nights. The town is famous for being one big flea market. Rada knives has a tent here. Best knives ever! Easy to sharpen. So I want to pick up a few of those. Otherwise, no flea-shopping this year for us.

Boondocking means no power except for when we run generator to charge house batteries. No power means no sewing machine. But making good progress on my cross-stitch! And re-reading my much-loved Christmas mysteries. 📚

Happy Sunday!

Mary Z

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Sunday to you all. Slept late AGAIN! I am seriously considering setting an alarm clock so I don't sleep quite so late. OR maybe I should just go to bed earlier at night. Usually I'm in bed by 10:30pm but some nights I'm still awake at midnight!

Judi... OH dear, so sorry to hear your car went ka-put! A transmission does not sound like an easy fix... though I know Ken is a miracle worker with stuff like that. So many car companies have ads on TV now for new cars with 0% interest. I love the ads when couples buy each other big huge expensive SUV's.... :lol: BTW... I love my Ford Explorer.... it's great for hauling large bags of fabric purchases... oh and groceries too! :lol:

Jana... When you set up your Dickens Village... does Michael wind some train tracks through it? I knew a guy once that had a whole bedroom for just his trains... At Christmas he set up the Dickens village in it too.

Flo.... A whole pallet of ceramic tile? Sounds like quite a project to clean all that. Hope you have big laundry tub or someplace easy to clean them all.

Maryz... From the picture you sent, it sure looks like you are in the middle of NOWHERE! Nice quiet place to spend a few days tho. You're not going to wander around the flea market.. just in case there is something you just can't live without?

I don't feel so bad about sleeping in this morning.... looks like everybody is sleeping in too! Am waiting for my coffee to kick in a little more then I'll get to work. Got most of the Nativity Wall hanging done yesterday, just need to finish quilting it and add the binding to sew down tonight. After that is done, I'll go back to sewing pj's. Have 2 tops done for Corinne, 1 for Nolan, then need to do the pants. Better check my elastic supply too. May make a quick stop into Joann this next weekend with my sis. IF our Governor doesn't close restaurants.

Time to motivate!

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:40 am

Maryq, staying up late is better. The time all equals out.

Judi, bummer about the car. Hope it's an easy fix and not too expensive.

Maryz, no power? Wow...it must get really dark out there at night. I bet you can see lots of stars.

Flo, cleaning tile doesn't sound fun.

Jana, it's like Christmas with all the packages you have to open.

Today we take the boy to the park for a walk. Then after breakfast I'll vacuum and then sew. Not going to do much cleaning today.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:07 am

Good morning,

Heard from daughter yesterday evening, the wife of the gentleman she is caring for is choosing not to follow CDC guidelines for quarantining so DD agency has taken her out of the home and notified the Health Dept. The health department called DD and has given her instructions for the next 14 days. They will stay in contact with her. Not sure what they can do about someone who won't follow the rules. Not sure who will care for the gentleman either. Agency will not put another staff member in there under these conditions. It amazes me that though this women works in the medical field she is being so inept.

Izzy check your PM. So sorry about your quarantine. It is so necessary though.
Judy not sure if I will get my village put up this year or not. We haven't done a lot of Christmas decorating in recent years.
Jana we are having lots of issues with package delivery. USPS says one was delivered about 7pm last night, but no, nothing there. Nothing on the door video either.
Flo sounds like you have a big job ahead of you.
Maryz it sounds like you hare having quite an adventure. One day I would like to do the same thing. A few more years of work, once DAD is gone and we figure out a long term plan for DGS then off on our own.
Maryq a good sleep in is a great event I think.
Lori the park sounds like a great place to be today.

Started the binding on the various colored quilt. almost one side done. Need to pick up and vacuum, work on some laundry. Hear Dad up so guess I better get.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:05 am

Good morning ,

Leaving QZ today and moving on to Gila Bend to a campground called Painted Rocks in middle of big rocks with prehistoric petroglyphs on them. A fascinating place. Temp should be about 88’ there today. ☀️

Mary Q - we did not stroll the flea mkt - partly because of Covid but mostly because it wasn’t there this year! We got fuel and came back to camp. You have an Explorer? We used to. My fave car of all time! But I thought you had a Ford Edge.

Judi, have you got a prognosis on your car yet?

Izzy, how is quarantine going?

Today is another travel day but only about 3 or 4 hrs of driving. Will be dry camping tonight as there are no electrical hook-ups at this campground. We’ll be living off house batteries. We don’t use a lot of power anyway, though I suspect I would appreciate A/C today with temps close to 90’!

Keep healthy!

Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”