Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, November 13th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, November 13th

Post by suzette58 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:29 am

Good morning everyone.
I woke up to more rain and fog. I thought it was supposed to be over yesterday. Yuck. I am so happy. Today I will drop off the wedding quilt at the LQS for the long arm person to pick it up. The backing fabric came yesterday. I changed to color and was able to get it quickly. Today after my exercise I am going to work on a couple panels I have. Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I am going to get more coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, November 13th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:08 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,
Today is ugly day and then the rest of the day will be spent in the sewing room.
Suzette we to are getting rain it should be out of here sometime today.
Well that's all the news for today I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 am

The wind and rain seem to be gone. Sounded like hurricane winds thru the house yesterday WOW it went on for a few hours. Happy to see it leave.
Finished the kit from CT, started it on a janome and after a bit of time realized the problem with the machine. So it is going to the factory for repair-needs parts of well.
Battery dying so I'll charge lap top and be back
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:29 am

Good morning a drizzle here, cold. After i got back from Christmas shopping We did more basement work. mthen had a fire outside to burn the wood scraps. another section of wall has come down. Today my job is to move all the Chrstmas stuff out of the storage room as it is getting rebuilt. I have 30 bins of stuff plus all the other stuff stored in this room...it will be a chore...Ken is removing old walls and stuff one section at a time then we clean up that debris and movr to the next.....lots of spiders are getting evicted...but we are excited to do this. I look forward to a nice basement family room and now we are putting a bathroon (1/2) down there,,,,it might take a while...
Sewing happens in the evening after supper, Tomorrow We are taking and watching Sophia play hockey,,,It may be the only game we are allowed to see...
Now we are being threatened with fines if we have our own family over for thsnksgiving,,I told mine to come of they choose for the funeral service for the turkey and they all agreed...we shall see what the rest of the month brings...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO we need to pray for our country.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:46 am

Morning
Maryz, DDIL & DGD went to Branson to spend time with an aunt who was visiting there. They got on just before supper & had a blast.
Today I am going out for coffee with a friend.
Have a sew great day
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:52 am

TGIF! Can't sleep so finally gave up and having some coffee. I have to work 10 - 4 today.

Heard from DD yesterday. The lady of the gentleman she cares for has tested + for Covid and so she has been exposed. DD works for a care agency as a caregiver in the home. I did find a place in South Lake Tahoe she can get tested at so hopefully she can get an appt today. She works in Truckee so not too far. The agency she works for has provided her some PPE but did not have gowns so I sent some in the mail. Probably won't get there till Monday though. She will have to quarantine there for the 14 days as they cannot send another caregiver now. I am hoping the lady who is + quarantines in her room. I have advised daughter on total disinfection of the home and every time the lady comes out of the room. Unfortunately, she was exposed on Sunday and did not know at the time and went to the kids house in Reno so they all have to be tested. Hoping the baby is ok (well hoping everyone is but particularly the baby). Needless to say, they are not coming for Thanksgiving.

Rain may be in the forecast today. They are thinking about time for the evening commute. It's currently 49* and not expected to be much more than 58*. I am glad the heat is gone!

Have purchased a couple Christmas gifts for DD, need to get a list going to buy everything else. Baby will be easy.

Binding is on the blue quilt and just needs sewn down on the back. DBIL quilt is at the post office but guess he has not been there. Hoping he checks his mail today. They only have post office boxes, no home delivery where he is. Even hard to get Fedex and UPS to deliver out there. Need to get some lotto blocks made as I have graciously been gifted many Christmas charms by a wonderful angel. And I have a quilt I need to cut in time for the class on the 28th.

Going to see about a few more ZZZZ's before getting ready for work.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:59 am

Good morning everyone sunny here We had the rain on Wednesday night I love the sunshine It’s supposed to get cold tonight again
Judi Enjoy your Turkey Funeral lo Lol
That’s really a demo you are doing Will be nice when finished I know
Flo I’m happy you are going out with a friend Enjoy
Diane I don’t like the wind either
Suz Glad you got your fabric

I got lots of leaves up yesterday Its never ending here We still have oaks hanging on
I’m plugging away at my knitting
Hope everyone has a great day
Prayers for our Country & all in need
Becca
Valerie I’m sorry about your DD & family
Hope you get some rest

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:35 am

I'm back. I think I'll have to replace this lap-top soon. The battery is not holding long. DH has replaced the battery twice already. It is quite old in todays world.
The top was about 1/3 done and then had to switch to an Pfaff I had. I didn't check the seam for 1/4 inch and sewed the rest of the blocks. Well guess what?? Janome was was measuring just less than 1/2 inch. Spent a while un-sewing them all. GRR!!! Now how do I get the holes from the original stitches gone???
Help!! Any ideas??
Today just cutting batting and backing for 3 tops for the LAer.
Keep safe.
Diane

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:39 am

Good Cloudy/Rainy Again Morning........

My turn, I did something wrong yesterday with my post. I can't find it. No big loss, I've not been doing much but sewing totes. My across the street neighbor came over to give me an early Christmas present so I could enjoy it doing the holidays. A Yankee Candle----apple. So good. I gave her a tote bag she tried to give it back saying I had already given her one a few years ago. Good Grief....do I need to start keeping a list of gifts I give out?

Did some vac'ing yesterday until the thing stopped working.....this is the 2ed time since I got it in 7 years ago. Same problem. Maybe I should stick to the dry mop.

Love & Prayers.................Kathy

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:07 am

Good Morning, Friends!

After several weeks of unseasonably warm weather, we finally have a chilly day here in Middle Tennessee. Was 38 when I got up, now up to 45. I LIKE cooler weather.

I TRIED to send a personal message to Lori, when she posted Carolyn's name and that she was active on Facebook, but I think it didn't go through. I just don't have the hang of the methods now! Anyway, I am no longer on Facebook because of being 'hacked' twice. Someone used my name and even my photo and opened an account and sent messages to my friends asking for money. I notified Facebook, and closed my account, but they didn't really close it. A year or so later my daughter told me that the fake account was gone, so I became somewhat active again. Then it happened again. This time Facebook actually did close my account, and I am afraid to try again. So, I still don't really know how to get in touch with Carolyn. If anyone does, please let her know that I am thinking about her!

When my son-in-law died (2001) I made 6 quilts out of his shirts. For my daughter, their 3 kids, his mother and his sister. Now someone has seen one of those quilts and wonders if I will make one of her father's clothes. Of course, I couldn't refuse. So that is what I have been doing the past few days. It's quite a challenge to cut up shirts, pajamas, even shorts and a bathing suit for the pieces. She even sent me a red 1 piece, drop seat pajama (?) of knit. So I am putting fusible interfacing on it before I cut it. And she even gave me a baseball cap! I've cut the logo off and appliqued it to a block. I'm using the Yellow Brick Road pattern. It's actually fun to see it come together.

For the past 14 years I have gone to the QIAD Retreat in CA in November. This year the retreat was cancelled because of COVID. I had not made a reservation because I was afraid to fly, but was trying to convince my DH to drive me in our RV. I have made lots of friends there that I only see when I go. I do hope there will be another one!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ann/gmaann
XOX

Return to “Sew ins”