Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, November 13th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Friday, November 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:24 am

Good morning!

Not much to say for me except just Still traveling. Passed through thousands of acres of almond And nectarine orchards, Field after field of raisins grapes, and now We are parked right in the middle of an orange grove. It’s a unique park and we love it so will enjoy it for another night before moving on. We can pick all the oranges we want, and the trees are loaded. But they aren’t ripe yet. 😩

Friday the 13th in 2020 seems a very good day to stay off the highways. No need to tempt fate anymore than she already is!!😆. We need to go get diesel today probably spend the day walking through the oranges, reading, and cross-stitching. It’s just not worth taking my machine out and setting it up for a few hours.

Mary Q. No, we don’t travel with Juicer. This is a mini kitchen. We don’t even have a toaster. Lol! Is today Tom and Viv day?

Judi, sounds like your basement will be one big open space when you are done! Will you still have your storage room separate? And the powder room downstairs will be nice. I know it’s probably spendy, but you will definitely have no regrets about adding that!

Kathy, I have repeated gifts even within my own family, more than once. So yes, I guess we do need to keep a list of who we gave what to

Diane, hope the machine comes out of this OK and inexpensively. Do you have a back up machine? I have switched feet and plates and broken needles so many times but so far, knock on wood, I haven’t done any more than scratch plates and feet.

Flo, nice for your family to be able to take a break. Are you getting close to finishing the house yet?

Lois, happy happy sewing! After the uglies, of course

Becca, Do you have a blower? The leaves might be easier to gather up with a blower than a rake.

Ann, Good to see you! So nice of you to make those special memory quilts. sounds like you have a lot of challenges with the clothing. Even a union suit and a baseball hat! Sorry California got canceled. This will be a year to remember-or better, to forget!!

Have a great day and hello to all the follow up.

Mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:31 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in. My retest of my left boob came back and it is just a small cyst not a tumor. I praise God for that. With all this year has brought I didn't want to have that also. My county in Ohio is one of the worst ones they are telling us. The whole state is getting pretty bad. Gov. DeWine will decide next week about closing salons, indoor dining and gyms for the state. When are we going to get back to normal? I heard the other day that it might not be until 2023. We will all be "crazy" by then. I think all the closings and people out of work has got to be worse because people need to work and pay their bills and raise the families. Will get off "high horse" now.

Valerie - Hope your DD is negative. If she has to quarantine with the lady she cares for who takes care of her family at home? Just asking.

Judi - Love your idea of a turkey funeral. Is your governor still being ridiculous?

Ann - I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Had too many people I know that got hacked or something else wrong. If I want to talk to someone I just call them or e-mail them. I know I am "old-fashioned". Sorry you didn't get to go to the retreat this year. Hopefully next year.

My Son who lives in Elkhart is not going to be coming for Thanksgiving because of the quarantine in Ohio if you come from out of state. Where he works they are working 7 days a week and he can't really miss time because he is the production control manager. Since Doug and his family are only 18 miles away they will be coming. That makes just 5 of us so not a crowd. I am sure a lot of families will be getting together no matter what since we have all been cooped up for so long.

Well, better go get some lunch. Today is sewing and watching the Master's Tournament and horse racing. Need some ambition to get my new mop and mop bucket out and mop the floor.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe. Prayers for all who need them.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:18 am

Good morning!

Been pondering this post all morning. Sometimes we are asked to do hard things. Especially during these last months. We may be asked not to gather at Thanksgiving, which is a hard thing. We can do hard things. We are like a pebble being tossed into a clear still pond. When we strike the water, ripples go out in all directions, not having control of where they go or what they touch. In this time of the exploding virus cases, we need to do all we can to stop it's spread. Even if it means doing hard things. Even if we are following all the guidelines and think we are safe. We may say, no one in my family has the virus, so it's OK for us to disregard the requested guidelines, but everyone makes that excuse and we then continue to face the spread, the uncertainty, testing and waiting. If we took responsibility and did as we are asked, whether or not we agree, we can and will stop the spread. I am heartbroken at not having my family at my home, sharing the joy and love we have for each other. Even the possibility of my Daniel not being here at Christmas. I pray each day for this to pass, for our country to heal. God will help, if we do all that we can do. He will fill in what we lack. But we must show forth our faith by our own actions. So as our ripples go out, we can spread our influence for good, doing as we are asked, and our small part in stopping this spread. The sooner, we all step up, the sooner we will be where we want. With our families, our friends, and neighbors. Please see that we need to take our personal responsibility and do as we have been asked, not making or taking a excuse.

Y'all mean very much to me,

Hugs,
Jana

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Jana, I totally agree with you regarding the holidays and Covid. I haven't physically been with my family since March of this year. We facetime, zoom, call but there is nothing like a hug and a kiss. I miss all of them terribly. I am a diabetic so the family are very conscious of and very careful about following Covid rules. It's not political it's being respectful and wanting your loved ones to be safe.They also don't want to be responsible for anyone to get Covid because of their selfishness. The holidays will be tough on all of us but we hope for a better New Year. You've voiced everything I've wanted to say. Thank you

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Good evening,

I just called my dad and canceled Thanksgiving. It just isn't worth the risk. I really don't go anywhere and Jerry only goes to the grocery store and back. but who knows who you come in contact with even just during a quick trip to the grocery store. It's not worth the risk to us or to my parents.

Maryz, it's not orange season yet. Our oranges are still green. an orange grove is a great smell. As fun as it would have been to meet up with you as you flew down the highway there is no way I am going anywhere with all that is going on. Maybe next time. But when I do go to Judi's and Frankenmuth I will pick you up on the way. Isn't Frankenmuth a great name for a town?

Maryq, here at Staples, and also at Costco I believe, you can email them your picture or whatever you need a copy of and they will print it and have it ready for you to pick up. No need to buy a ream of large paper. Sorry you didn't get that package mailed. Opening day is about a month away.

Suzette, so glad you got the backing fabric. now things can move forward.

Lois, well Jerry went and picked up the package, it wasn't a goat PHEW!!! So releived.

Diane, the rain isn't gone, it's here. thanks for sending it. boy you sure had a Friday the 13th. Sewing machine, computer battery. my goodness. I recently got a new laptop. it's wonderful. so maybe I asked and maybe you told me, which kit did you get from CT?

Katy, where are you? how are you?

Judi, boy you will get your steps in moving all that Christmas stuff. Might as well put up the tree and get it decorated. You will have such a nice basement when you are done, you may never leave it.

Valerie, wow, DD is exposed but no symptoms and she goes to see the kids so they are exposed. amazing how easily this thing spreads. Most people, I imagine, don't realize they have it because there are no symptoms in the beginning. I feel for those in your field. Did you start that job yet? is it ok? how is your dad.?

Becca, your post today was very happy, made me smile. we have oak leaves everywhere, even on the trees. we don't rake them up. but then we don't have a lawn or much in the way of landscaping.

Kathy, odd that your neighbor gave you back the tote bag. You'd think she would have graciously said thank you. When my grandmother died we found a list of gifts she had given and received, it was funny, the year of the list was the year we had given her a huge roll of seran wrap. the kind from Costco that lasts a year. She was thrilled with it.

Ann, the yellow brick pattern would be great for a memory quilt using clothes. Sorry the QIAD retreat has been canceled. Perhaps next year you can talk him into driving you. I messaged Carolyn on facebook. Let her know we were thinking of her and that you still used the table runners she made. The last picture she posted was in August. Hopefully she will check in.

Maryz, I saw on the news they are asking people who travel through or in Cali to quarantine. it's not mandatory but a suggestion. safe travels.

Sherry, there were going to be 4 of us for thanksgiving but we canceled it. we can have turkey another day. Glad your son who is further away is staying put. sounds like he is around a lot of people, best to keep it there rather than bring it to you.

Jana, I think that people are by nature justifiers. they justify what they want to do and make a reason for doing it. I am guilty of justifying too. but you are right, this virus just ain't worth it. I heard on the news that (I think) New Mexico is shutting their state down, I think it would be wise if all states shut down for a month and maybe this would at least settle. I admit, I am the first person to not wash my hands or to not wipe things down as they come into the house but I do now and I will not take a chance with my family's health. I am amazed and how this virus has taken off recently.

Lucie, hello, how are you?

well girls, stay healthy, prayers for you and yours. We could have a zoom thanksgiving ?

hugs,
Chriss.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”