Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday November 12, 2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday November 12, 2020

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:57 am

Good morning Everyone,
Yesterday we went and did some food shopping I typed a whole post and it disappeared so that ended that I started the red truck quilt quilting that and so far so good.
So I will do more of that when I get back from the post office along with another load of wash
There is nothing else new to report so Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday November 12, 2020

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:19 am

Morning
It was nice having a quiet day. DDIL & DGD will be home sometime today. I played in sewing room for awhile, just catching up on mending & cutting 5 inch blocks for lotto.
Up since 4 am, so nap time on schedule.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:31 am

Good morning 28 out this morning suposed to be sunny. we head to Frankenmuth Mi today a 2 hour drive. It could be to the moon for all we care this is our annual trip. Me my sis and good friend will Christmas shop. I have a list and will get almost all of my shopping done. It is the most fun if your into Christmas...which I happen to be. Bronners is the worlds biggest Christmas store..
I did go up to the LQS and get the fabric I needed to finish the hexi quilt. I only went in for one thing and left as there was quite a few ladies in their whining about covid and how everyone will die (yikes) (if they felt that way why were they even out of their basements) I should be able to get the top pieced soon.
The basement demo is coming on well...We got a lot done yesterday,,( all the old cabinetry ripped out and I have another pile for trash day, we also have a lot of firewood for the fire pit. Next step in the room where I store my Christmas bins...Ken says I need to find a place to put them while he rebuilds the storage room AND he also will re pipe the heat in the house so I shoulf expect to use the fireplace a lot to heat downstairs...Exciting things going on in this 100 year old house...well I need coffee and hair doing,,,,hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXOOOOOOO Yes Chris We took before pictures...

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:17 am

Good morning everyone.
I have already exercised this morning and I am relaxing a little before I go down to my sewing room. I found fabric I had bought to make a quilt. It is a panel and some prints about the beach. The funny thing is the magazine that has the directions is McCall’s Quick Quilts and it is from 2015. That is 2 years before we moved down here. LOL! The temp here is 59 degrees. I have flip flops on and Capri pants. The rain should be over sometime today. Well, I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:32 am

Good morning!

Yep, it is cold! We are a whooping 19 degrees outside and I added another quilt to me to stay warm. My furnace will turn on in a few more minutes to heat up the house.

Another day around here just playing and waiting for packages to arrive. I am keeping Stu busy at work! LOL! He heads to Boise in a couple of days to train people at the new Amazon facility opening there.

I did treat myself to a new outfit, sort of. My favorite long winter dress coat is waaaaay too big, so I found me a new one and ordered it. There was a prerequisite - the coat had to be red - found one! And it was on sale, 35 percent off, then with a coupon code at checkout, another 50 percent off that sale price. I did good! Oh, it is 4 sizes smaller too.

Not much more here. Aaron is dealing with a very wide, about 10 lanes, ice skating rink for cars.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:33 am

Good beautiful morning,

Diane, so sorry about your machine. wow, bet that was an "oh my gosh" moment. hope it's easily fixed. do you have a backup?

Maryq, thanks for the prayers on the 19th. that Natalie was a cutie wasn't she? I bet she is grown with children of her own by now. I love your pajama tradition, I wish we had a tradition like that, I would have loved cozy jammies to sleep in on Christmas eve.

Velda, the quilt will be loved by your sis. nice that you get your own special note, what a sweet kid to have thought of that.

Lori, Not sure I have more willpower than you, I do have more to lose than you. Besides, Jerry quit smoking and in my mind if I don't keep losing weight it gives him permission to smoke, and that is what has kept me at it. Did you get to go to SLC for dinner? How are you traveling home? car or plane? safe travels to you.

Ann, what a treat. Wonder if I can say something today to make you post again.? I had forgotten that Carolyn had a grandson also. We watched Natalie grow up, she was sort of our mascot. I thought of you this morning. there was an amazing necktie quilt on Facebook, I remembered that Paul had a zillion neckties. How is Paul doing? Really good to see you.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 1269931167

Sherry, well? what did your governor have to say? We are in the yellow here in my small county but there are different shades of red all around us here.

Lois, I love your red truck pattern, especially the one you had with the Christmas tree in the bed of the truck. It's a great pattern.

Judi, I googled Frankenmuth, looks like a neat town. Some day I will come there and go with you. That Ken is sure a handy man to have around. how wonderful that he can do all he does. glad you have before pictures, I bet the after pictures will be jaw dropping.

Suzette, I won't get to wear flip flops for a while. Crazy that we are cold and you are warm. We should be warmer next week.

Jana, wow, 4 sizes, better put weights in your shoes or you will blow over on a windy day. glad you found the coat you like, and the color you like. I tried the elastic in the waist band of my jeans, I'm going back to pleats, you were so right about them. the elastic didn't accomplish my goal. congrats on that weight loss, it's not easy but look at you succeed.

Just heard on the news that Cali is on track to hit a million Covid cases soon. Our population is about 40 million so that means one in 4 people have the virus. wow.

Hope you all have an amazingly wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 am

Good morning!

Traveling is hard work, I guess. I slept late this morning after going to bed early last night. I’ve read all but can’t post much on my phone.

Jana, congratulation‘s on your weight loss and your new virtual! Especially the coat!

Chriss, we aren’t far from you - Chowchilla, next to a golf course. If it weren’t for Covid, we would have tried to visit. 😿. When you go with Judi to Frankenmuth, I will be going along!

Judi Have especially awesome day! I’m sure I don’t need to remind you, have your sanitizer handy! So where are all your Xmas totes going? Guess its time to decorate!

Flo, I guess I missed where your DIL & DGD went.

Lois, enjoy the quilt! I have a red truck/tree/golden dog/ snow scene with me – a Cross stitch pattern. Love it!

Today we are moving on to Bakersfield. To an RV park set in an orange grove. Such a fun place to stay and we can pick all the oranges we want! At least that’s how it used to be. Making rezzies we learned it has new owners and that may have changed. Hope not! I could go for some fresh oranges right off the tree!

Talked to Cindy yesterday. Don had short medical procedure. He did well. Cindy drove him. They were home by 7pm their time. She has upcoming appts of her own soon.

Piece!
Mary Z

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:39 am

Good Morning Girls

We make plans.... God laughs! Was going to run into town today to mail lotto blocks and SS package.... snowing like crazy this morning.. even got a weather warning on my phone and that never happens! Sunny and warmer tomorrow... so I'll postpone my plans until then.

Lois... Are you using your new rulers on your Red Truck? Tell me again the name of them, so I can google them. got groceries yesterday too, so glad I didn't put that off until today!

Flo.... So glad you had a nice quiet day... even mending can be fun if you have the place to yourself for a while

Judi... Trips to the LQS are supposed to be fun... not a downer! Glad you found what you need though.. Kind of the opposite side of the spectrum... folks that think we are going to die as opposed to those who don't care and take risks. There was a big wedding in town and a bunch of Sara's relatives got it... but they all survived... Just dumb to take the chances.

Suzette.... color me green.... up here I'm in sweats with cozy socks. Might have to dig out my big boots today too! Isn't it fun to find something in your stash! I have a ton of plastic shoe boxes each with coordinating fabric. I've been trying to use them up... I think there's even fabric there I bought in 2007!

Jana.... You must take a selfie of you in your new RED coat! How awesome that you have gone down 4 sizes... What an inspiration you are!

Chriss... Funny I was thinking about little Natalie last night after Ann's post... Guessing she has to be 20 something by now. And I think the baby was Nathan and he must be a teenager! Where does the time go. My DEX's wife's family does a big thing with matching jammies at Christmas time too.... I'm guessing Kevin and Sara will go up to his house after Christmas here to join in that fun. Aren't you so glad you can work from home!

Maryz... Oh nummy, fresh oranges right from the tree. Do you have a juice squeezer on hand to make fresh juice? Good news that Don't procedure went well. Still worried about Cindy though, I wonder if they will put her on O-2 .

Velda... How sweet your DGS sent a note along to you! You must be just so stinkin' proud of him.

Ann.... So good to see you join us! Sure sounds like you have been busy! I think I've made about 1500 masks and I am SO over it... but there is still a need now and then, so I dig out scraps and squeeze out a few more. Now that the holidays are here, I'm even using up Christmas fabric for masks! I remember Carolyn... wouldn't it be great if some of the "old timers" would come back ... Like Georgiapeach, and Joyce, and Vicki, .

Looks like the snow might let up here, so perhaps I will run into town anyway. Need to see if I can find any legal size paper. I ordered a pattern from Leisure Arts to make my sister a Nativity Wall hanging and you have to scale it to 130% and it just doesn't print out right on regular paper. Once back home, I need to make some Christmas masks for my BFF in CO to add to her Christmas package. Yesterday Corinne and Nolan came over and made a big snow man in my front yard! SO much fun. I was thinking I should put a mask on the snow man too! :lol: We played cards for a while and I had to rip stuff out of a closet to try to find the cards I knew I had... so today I have to put the closet back together UGH. After that... back to sewing jammies.

Definitely need more coffee!

HEY CHICKIE.... come out come out where ever you are. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Return to “Sew ins”