Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Weds Nov 11

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Weds Nov 11

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 am

Maryq, me too with the snow. I'm not in CA. I've been watching the granddoggies in Utah.
Last week was beautiful and warm, now it's cold and snowy. It is pretty though.

Maryz, still in Utah one more day. DS got home yesterday.

Chriss, do you have the day off of work? If you do, I hope you do something fun. Sounds like your dieting is working. You have way more will power than I have.

Judi, sounds like your family is being tested for Covid everyday. You know if we just would have kept going life as normal, this thing would probably be over by now. I think when we stay in, then get freed and go out it just exacerbates the numbers. Life should just go back to normal. Wear a mask when your in public and hope for the best.

Jana, what fun to get to dress up the little ones. I bet they will look adorable in their new dresses. What's the name of the Kimberbell pattern you are working on?

Not sure what we'll do today. Probably stay inside with it snowing out. Hopefully it will stop later since we are supposed to drive down to Salt Lake City for dinner.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:33 am

I do read the posts, just don't post myself much anymore. So, today's post by Chriss jumped out at me. I remember Caroline1948, and have been wondering if anyone still hears from her. I have two table toppers that she made, and one is for Fall/Thanksgiving. I just got it out and put it on the table, and would really like to let her know that I think of her every time I use it. Natalie is her granddaughter, and then she had a grandson named Nathan. She went through a real hard time medically, and lost her husband, but I think I read that she had remarried. So I doubt if I even have her name (it was Dungee) and I know I don't have her address. I think it WAS Lincoln, MO. Can anyone help me find her again?

I am trying to 'get organized' in my sewing room. May not live long enough to accomplish that! I try to spend 2 hours in here every morning before I can sew. Hard to do. I have been making masks - looks like we're going to need them for many more months (years?) Masks really mess with hearing aids, but I found a pattern on YouTube by Bonnie Hunter that works best. Now making some for a friend in NJ who also wears hearing aids.

I've also been making book covers. Good use of leftover fabric. My granddaughter was here recently and saw one on my bird book that I had made years ago. She said she loved it and would I make some for her. So, of course, I started that project, too. I wish I knew how to post photos on here. I used some fabric left over from when I made bibs for her wedding reception (7 years ago). She was married in Maine and they had a 'lobster bake' for their reception. I had found - at QIAD in Paducah that year - fabric with lobsters on it. It was a smallish wedding, so I think I made 50 bibs, including several for children. I still have my bib and use it sometimes when I want to be sure I don't slop dinner on me.

See what happens when I do post? I don't know when to stop! But really, I enjoy reading about the activities of all my forum friends. You are all special to me!

Ann/gmaann
XOX

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:53 am

Good morning all! Our nice weather is all gone. Just a quick stop in today. Have an appointment this afternoon to get pictures of my left boob. When they did the mammo last week had trouble getting a picture of it so need to go back today to try again. I know my boobs are small but guess the machine couldn't find it. LOL

Yesterday, didn't do much. everything I did seemed to go wrong so I figured I better quit before it got really bad. Today is going alot better. Got my SS deposit so that is always a good day.

Well, better get going. Will come back later and read your postings. Our Gov. DeWine is to be on TV today with a major announcement. I do know the virus is getting pretty bad in Ohio. Most of our state is red. Will be listening to hear what he has to say.

Have a good day everyone. Prayers for all who are sick and need the.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:55 am

gmaann wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:33 am
I do read the posts, just don't post myself much anymore. So, today's post by Chriss jumped out at me. I remember Caroline1948, and have been wondering if anyone still hears from her. I have two table toppers that she made, and one is for Fall/Thanksgiving. I just got it out and put it on the table, and would really like to let her know that I think of her every time I use it. Natalie is her granddaughter, and then she had a grandson named Nathan. She went through a real hard time medically, and lost her husband, but I think I read that she had remarried. So I doubt if I even have her name (it was Dungee) and I know I don't have her address. I think it WAS Lincoln, MO. Can anyone help me find her again?

I am trying to 'get organized' in my sewing room. May not live long enough to accomplish that! I try to spend 2 hours in here every morning before I can sew. Hard to do. I have been making masks - looks like we're going to need them for many more months (years?) Masks really mess with hearing aids, but I found a pattern on YouTube by Bonnie Hunter that works best. Now making some for a friend in NJ who also wears hearing aids.

I've also been making book covers. Good use of leftover fabric. My granddaughter was here recently and saw one on my bird book that I had made years ago. She said she loved it and would I make some for her. So, of course, I started that project, too. I wish I knew how to post photos on here. I used some fabric left over from when I made bibs for her wedding reception (7 years ago). She was married in Maine and they had a 'lobster bake' for their reception. I had found - at QIAD in Paducah that year - fabric with lobsters on it. It was a smallish wedding, so I think I made 50 bibs, including several for children. I still have my bib and use it sometimes when I want to be sure I don't slop dinner on me.

See what happens when I do post? I don't know when to stop! But really, I enjoy reading about the activities of all my forum friends. You are all special to me!

Ann/gmaann
XOX

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:55 am

Hi Ann, good to hear from you. Caroline is on Facebook.. Her name is Carolyn Dungee Hoerle now.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”