Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Weds Nov 11

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Weds Nov 11

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:41 am

Good Morning it is cooling off here,,,high today in the 50s...Ken is still home as he hasnt gotten the test results back yet,,we are hoping for today, basement "Demo Days" are going well...my christmas storage room is next on the list...that room is well organiized with all the bin labeled and numbered....But there is a ton of other stuff in there much of it has to go....we have no idea why we store things...or keep what we will not use...this remodel is pregnant...and growing by the day,,,LOL but will be a fun place to hang out when its done...I am looking forward to it...spending a lot of time on pinterest,,,,
Today I will run up to the LQS for the sashing fabric, she has put it aside for me.....then I will resume sewing the hexi quilt. so that is my plan.....with Ken being home that may change...
Hope you all have a great day,,,( since Ken has not exibited any s/s of covid we are pretty sure he is negative) But now we wait again for Liam and their neighbor kid...both has to be tested again...this is not going to end soon. I am not scared of the disease just tired of all the bull..XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Re: Weds Nov 11

Post by billizzy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:51 am

Good rainy Ky day 🌈

I’m off today do lil man and I will finish his turkey project and then I will catch a goat to put in SS box to ship out 😂

Been sewing on my blocks for Christmas mystery quilt and looking at all the UFOs to work on starting Jan 1🥰

I got new die from accuquilt the Mariners star I’ve always wanted to make a quilt with that block. 🤔 now to pick fabrics from stash. Purple or maybe purple or no I think purple 😜😂

Nothing new here, got camper winterized. Gotta love you tube lol that cover kicked our butte I was in bed on heating pad Monday my ribs hurt so bad after that.

Gonna go catch up in all your shenanigans 🤣🤣😜

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
Last edited by billizzy on Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here after some rain last night

Thank you to all our Veterans & those serving Theymake a big sacrifice for us to be free

Judi I am so with you I know I’m tired & the Governor here changed a group to 10 from 25 There goes Thanksgiving gatherings Im sure many won’t follow
Sure hope all your family is negative for test

Yesterday I took my neighbors a bag of meat from locker He’s been out of work since end of September With his age I’m sure it won’t be easy to find one in this pandemic

I must get moving The cleaning lady comes this morning I got some knitting done last night I’m making lots of bedroom shoes for others
Have a wonderful day everyone. Becca
Praying for Country & our Leaders
Good morning Izzy Good to hear from you

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:15 am

Good freezing morning!

We are cold here this morning. Added another quilt to be warm.

Happy Veterans Day! When my veteran wakes up, I will give him a big hug and a Thank You! Thank you to all who step forth and serve for all our freedoms.

Started a Kimberbell pattern yesterday. I have a white wooden garden bench in my house and this is a bench pillow for it. It is a Christmas one. You make the cover, then can change it out for other seasons and holidays. The pattern is patchwork, applique and embroidery. I have my basket of Christmas fabrics out and this cover will be very scrappy. This is a in between project, project, as I am waiting for lace trims to make the dollies for gifts. I have had the pattern for awhile, saw it, again, and can you say, squirrel? LOL! I ordered the pillow form from Amazon, waiting for that to arrive too.

Every year it is a Grandma tradition of a fancy dress for my little girls, as part of their Christmas. Went on line a few weeks back, and there was nothing. Tried again yesterday and found matching dresses for my Gracie and Lila and another very pretty dress for my Karlie. I have a pattern and will make Emma's dress, as she has now grown up to a bit more non frilly. I love frilly, fluffy dresses!

So my day will be sewing and trying to stay WARM!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:41 am

Good morning!

Not much new here. Drive, eat, sleep. Weather has been good (and getting better!), traffic has been light, truck running well. I tried to do a bit of cross-stitch in truck but road got to bouncy to do much.

Judi - You can’t go wrong with a pattern with the name “red red wine”. 🍷🍷!!

Mary Q- sounds like it’s time to pay the Weather piper at your house! ☃️ Will Tom and Viv spend night at your house?

Becca - Hope the mammo went OK. They aren’t fun, but they aren’t bad either. Mine are the new 3-D version but still squishy

Izzy - I wouldn’t mind a goat if I am your secret Elf. But he has to be travel trained!

Val - hope New caregiver works out. Really, how can this be such a difficult job to do well!?

Jana- is this for your new powder room downstairs? Or do you have one upstairs as well? Happy Christmas dress sewing! I think you deserve a pretty new outfit, too!

Lori - are you back home now or still in Utah? I saw all of your grand puppies down for their naps! 😁

Suz- is that young sailor really your daddy? Handsome dude! Thanking of him and all other veterans today

Chriss - Jerry has his colonoscopy on the 19th, right? Got him on my calendar.

Hi to everyone else!

Got text from Cindy. Don had a medical procedure done yesterday. No details yet. Cindy is having a lot of difficulty breathing so she will be seeing doctor today and having some cardiac and pulmonary function tests. Her 70th birthday is Nov 18th. If I hear more, I will share here.

Make your day a good one!

Mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:43 am

Morning
Happy veterans day! Bless all those who served .
Blackberry vines throw starts that you separate and replant each year. Thats where I got my vines last spring. I even got Blackberries last year....6 berries. Hoping for more this year.
Today DDIL & DGD are heading to Branson, its about 90 minutes from here, to spend time with her aunt thats visiting there. A whole 24 hours of quiet with no cooking...yes!
Time to get moving
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:13 am

Good frosty morning, the ground crunches when you walk on it. I love this time of year.

4 weeks from tomorrow is opening day for secret Santa. I moved the package I received so it's less visible. My Santa still has Jerry on her payroll because he still says I can't open it.

Maryq, flannel jammies are wonderful. There was a lady who used to be on here. she made jammies and added a t-shirt which she trimmed in the jammy material to match. I think she trimmed the sleeves. I think her granddaughter was Natalie. Yes, CT is wonderful and their kits often contain extra fabric. Jerry's test is on the 19th so we will know after that. I'm sure he is fine, but he does have the manflu right now so if he doesn't survive that all bets are off.

Judi, glad Ken isn't showing any symptoms. It is a crazy virus, hanging on as long as it can. Would be nice to be somewhat normal again. Not sure it's achievable, but I am hopeful. so many lives have changed because of Covid, and they all didn't even get the virus. very sad. Did you take before pictures of your basement?

Izzy, I have always admired the Mariners compass block. it's going to be stunning but instead of purple why don't you use purple fabric, so much prettier. Happy sewing.

Becca, how sweet of you to take the neighbor some food, I am sure it was appreciated. I have some of those knitted house shoes and love them. I have also been praying for our country's leaders, crazy doesn't even begin to describe what is going on.

Jana, I was also the pretty dress grandma. Marilyn loved pretty dresses and shiny shoes. amazing the difference between little boys and little girls, Richard never liked the pretty dresses I bought him :lol: I have seen changeable pillow covers where a button up shirt is used as the backing of the pillow cover, you can unbutton the shirt and change the pillow cover. kind of cool.

Maryz, glad travel is uneventful. I never could do anything but watch the road while in the car. Cross stitch isn't even an option in the car for me. Yes, Jerry's colonoscopy is on the 19th. I'm pretty sure he is fine, the colorguard test only checks for cancer DNA. and if it tests positive you get the colonoscopy. Both of his parents had cancer so it's in his DNA.

Flo, woo hoo for 6 blackberries. isn't it fun to get your first harvest? We planted an orange tree some time back and have had a million little orange wanna be's. but when the actual harvest comes there are about 3 that survive. Wild turkeys love the little green wanna be oranges.

Nothing new here. still dieting, still working at home. Still living the dream

You all have a great day
chriss
Psalm 91

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:14 am

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETERANS AND TO THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!
We owe so very much to the men and women who fought and are still fighting to keep us safe.
I pray one day there will be peace in this world so it will be safe for our grands and great grands.

Chris- CT is the thread I use all the time. This is the 1st time I brought a kit from them. The fabric is very nice and the pattern easy to read. Unfortunately I switched the foot on my Janome and forgot to move the needle position and hit the start button POW!! The LQS (where I bought it) repairman checked it out. Right now it is being packed to go to the factory--I broke several pieces in the machine-- Don't know how much to ship from Myrtle Beach to New Jersey and then labor and the pieces itself. Keep fingers crossed
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:36 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh what a difference a few days can make.. Sunday I was sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee... today it is covered in about 6" of snow! Ok, I admit, it is kind of pretty and gets me in the Christmas Spirit!

Judi.... Good news that Ken has no s/s of Covid... hope he continues to feel just fine... and Liam too... I'm not afraid, but cautious. Just think how much work he'll get to do in your basement while he is stuck at home. When I cleaned my garage the other day, I notice I have boxes and boxes of stuff I too don't know what to do with. 2 or 3 tote boxes of pictures and frames. Who is going to want all that stuff!

Izzy.... I can just picture you out in the rain chasing a goat around. Oh yes, make your Mariner's star PURPLE! It's a great color! maybe a little teal with it?

Becca... Isn't it wonderful to have a cleaning lady. At my house, my cleaning lady (me) doesn't always do a very good job! When I had a cleaning lady, I always had to spend a couple hours just getting stuff put away before she got here.

Jana... Give your Vet a big hug from me too... and thank him for his service. Oh my gosh.... is there a squirrel at your house too! I have to chase him OUT today as company is coming tomorrow. Though I shouldn't worry too much.. as Viv has squirrels at her house too and she knows how they operate!

Maryz... Always nice to see your reports from the road. I do need to find my Atlas around here so I can track your progress. Not sure if Tom and Viv will spend the night or not... I think so. Tom wants to make sure we have time to hit the fabric warehouse. Viv has so little access to fabric where they live so we try to go there when they are up here. They won't stay long though as they have a cat at home they don't want to leave too long. Sending lots of prayers for Don and Cindy!

Flo..... Enjoy your peace and quiet! Or crank up some good music and dance around the house!

Chriss... Oh I remember little Natalie.. um that was Carolyn1947 I think. I too marked the calendar for the 19th, so I could send some special prayers that day. I had enough fabric to make Corinne and Nolan pj tops out of the fabric they picked out, will find some cozy pants to go with. But picked up more flannel to make matching sets too. Think I will wait until after Christmas to hem the pants.. they both are growing so fast.

Diane .... OUCH!! Oh that had to hurt... forgetting to move the needle on your machine foot! I would have just cried! Do you have a back up machine? I have a couple extra ones here if you need one. Nobody local that can fix it for you?

Today is my favorite day of the year... NOT! I get to go to the Dr. for my annual check up and blood letting. At least I don't have to have the dreaded pap test, but if she mentions colonoscopy, I'm outta there! After that, I was going to make a Target run, but think I'll go the local Grocery store instead and grab a few things... at least so I can fix Tom and Viv supper while there are here. Then it's home to clean... vac up threads and see if I can find a home for all the stuff that's on my dining room table. It always ends up being more of a junk collector than a place to eat.

Need more coffee... since I drink mine black I can have all I want before they draw blood!

A huge thank you to all who have served our nation.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:05 am

Good Morning everyone! Happy Birthday Marine Corp, yesterday 245 yrs! Happy Veteran's Day today! My guys are all so special. We are keeping in touch with our young recruit. Our son gets letters pretty regularly. It was cute, one time he hand us this little 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" notebook page with a special note to Grandpa and Gram. That saved postage for him to jot us a quick note and tuck inside Dad's letter. 🥰 That made us feel special.
He's doing ok, but sometimes it gets tough when a few guys keep messing up and don't conform to do their part. But all in all, he is wise enough to keep his eye towards graduation day! A little more than a month away now.
I got all caught up with my sewing projects, so I will be doing little spruce-up cleaning things for my son the rest of the week. I will get to see my sister and BIL to give them anniversary quilt this Saturday. We will be meeting at my other sister's house a few miles away from here. Sister and BIL live in Indiana and are coming for the now: "Drive-by" baby shower on Sunday. Plans had to change because the virus is spreading around this area like a wildfire. They have to protect new Mommy-to-be and everyone else, so they moved to Drive-by.
I am now happier than ever that we chose not to be traveling with the virus spreading so much.
Have a great day. Special concerns for everyone here who are dealing with testings and having families with those who are now positive.
We have family members here dealing with these things and know how tough it really is.
Hugs
Vel
Wow, I came back to read more posts and my post had disappeared! Luckily my phone saves previous pages in "history" so I reposted this although several have now posted ahead of me.
Funny day, indeed!!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”