Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday November 10

Daily discussions.
Becca

Tuesday November 10

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:57 am

Good morning everyone Time to rise & shine I have an early mammo appt
Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Becca

FlorenceM

Re: Tuesday November 10

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:05 am

Morning Becca & all to follow
Glad you're getting your mammogram today. It caught my cancer early.
Rain today, so an easy day. I had sourdough starter for years but it didn't survive the move. So yesterday I bought what I needed to make my own. If that doesn't work, Amazon has the kit, but I want to try it myself.
Have a sew great day
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:19 am

Flo My DGD has a Bakery & she makes sourdough bread If you have trouble getting one I can ask her about one
Hugs Becca
Glad you have a rest day

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:47 am

Good Morning
Well someone at the rink where Ken works has tested positive for the covid...he happened to work in Kens office last week....so he is off work till his covid test comes back/// a couple of days...pray he is negative....we dont need this. Not afraid of the disease just couldnt stand to be quarentined. Today I have a cardiolotgist appt I called and they said no need to reschedule. so off I go at 1 .
I did go to the office store to get printer ink...I think we are going to need a new printer soon but I was able to print a new pattern called "Red Red Wine". It is all made from FQs or Jellyrolls...so I am all set. I think this might be my next project.
Basement work is continuing,,we need to go to city hall to get a dump permit (free 2 a year) to get rid of all the cans of old paint,,,we tried habitat for humanity but they will only take unused unopened cans...we also have 2 half boxes of floor tile they will also not take...so they will go . It is trash day but they will not take paint.
well I need coffee and some motrin this morning,,,arthur ritis is visiting,,,Ken has already gone downstairs...maybe he will do breakfast...Hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:53 am

Happy Tuesday!

I am up Becca! Sorry you have to have that test, but they are important.
Flo I have often thought about making sourdough starter but never have. Let us know how it turns out.
Judy sure hope the test comes back negative. I got my results this AM. They are negative. For work, ideally we are supposed to test weekly but nobody will do that here. I can get in about every other month where I go.

Lori they did send a replacement. It is someone who has been here before. I was able to get a pillow cover made to match DBIL quilt and get it and the quilt in the mail. Then I got a text last night that the girl they were sending just couldn't commit so someone new is coming again today. Luckily I am not scheduled to start this new job until tomorrow at 10 so I can go through things with her today.
Jana great job with the weight loss. I am going to continue to strive to do good and really put forth the effort in Jan. I haven't weighed in over a week.
Sherry praying your films come out good.
Maryq I do not quilt myself. I have a frame but not usable. Tried it early on when I bought it but just couldn't get things to come out right. I send mine out. It is actually now on it's way to DBIL. Hopefully it will be there by Thursday.
Chriss I looked at your friends shop, she has some pretty cool things in there.

Other than training the new caregiver today, do want to get the binding on the front of the colorful quilt. Didn't get to that yesterday. It looks like my mail never came yesterday (not all that unusual for here) so still no fabric to do my bags. I need to get some grocery shopping in. DH got my herbs covered last night so they wouldn't freeze. I may try to get that off for during the day. If I had thought, I would have had him do it before he left for work. It's 39* now, getting to 60*. Chance of rain forcast keeps changing so we will see. Off for more coffee!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 am

Good morning, it's going to be a fantastic day,

Judi, I saw your post last night and will keep Ken in my prayers. Here paint cans can be turned in to the hardware store (they also sell paint) for disposal. I have also been told that if you open the can and let the paint dry you can dump the dried can, but that depends on how much paint is in them, 4 inches of paint will take forever to dry.

Flo, there are a million sourdough starter recipes on the internet, you will find one that works. How big will the blackberries be that you have vines for? They have some blackberries at the Farmers market in Sonora that are so much bigger than the ones in the stores here. I would love to get that plant.

Becca, hope your mamo goes quick and easy. I am told our facility now has a 3d imaging sort of machine. I hope that means no more squishing. Mine is being scheduled so not sure when I go yet.

Diane, the on the fence quilt is beautiful. Don't you just love CT kits? I have never gotten bad fabric from them.

Valerie, we have an orange tree that needed covering during the frost. Jerry just put a sheet over it and it worked. Would be cool to put a plastic tent like a greenhouse over your herbs. they would stay warm and thrive. Which block of the month did you order?

Lori, I know if my toes are cold yours must be really cold. Is Utah someplace you are considering living or will you stay in Cali?

Jana, I just love that you swim in your clothes. I'm so happy for you. you've really achieved a lot, such a huge loss. so so cool.

Well girls, nothing new here. Hope you all have a super day,
crhiss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:18 am

Good Morning Girls

It just had to be too good to last.... the temps have dropped out and the internet news says we're getting 4-7" of snow today... Wouldn't know from looking outside.. it's gorgeous. But cold... Most of the snow will be south of me, but might see some here too. YUK!

Becca.... Good for you... getting that mammo... It only hurts for a minute and after that you get a treat! Like Ice cream or a candy bar! Go for it!

Flo... I love good sourdough bread.. Am anxious to hear how yours turns out... Might try it myself! But then I love any good bread!

Judi... Isn't it crazy how expensive printer ink is! Now that's a pattern I could love... RED RED WINE... and I know who else would love it.... Maryz! SO hope the tests come out negative! It's getting scary with the numbers on the rise again. Did you see they think that have a vaccine that's 90% effective? I think I'll wait though before I stand in line for it. Our local Sherwin Williams store and the hardware store will take paint for recycling.

Valerie... I peeked at photo's this morning for a minute and saw the picture of your Rosalina.. Oh my gosh, what a beauty! So would be nice to find a good care giver that would stay and come every day. I would think it would be easier on Dad to know who is coming than have a different person every day. I'd volunteer for the job, but I'm not a great cook!

Chriss... My sis found a pattern on Connecting threads for her quilt she wants me to make. I had trouble downloading it so I called CT for help.. Oh my gosh, the guy that answered the phone was so kind and helpful. I probably missed it... how did Jerry's test come out?

Jana.... You have to be just so excited to need new clothes.. Even losing 1 size had me just tickled. Did you get your shelves installed? Man I love shelves... you can put so much STUFF on shelves... like fabric LOL.

Lori... I see you had some snow in CA? If you'd like some more.... after the winter storm comes through here, I'll send some back to you! Yes I did find some good deals at Joann. I had a fist full of coupons, and a gift card. Got backing for a couple quilts and more flannel for kids jammies. Of course they didn't have the stuff I was short on, so I had to start over. But I found camo flannel for Nolan and puppy dogs for Corinne.

Today I'll finish getting all the new fabric washed up and maybe will get at start on the jammies, or piece the backings, or clean up the craft mess in my kitchen or the embroidery mess on my porch couch.... see I have lots of choices! :lol: :lol: This is what happens when you have ADD.... messes every where. Tom and Viv are coming up on Thursday, so I have until then to get it all back to normal.

And it's time for more coffee!

Today is my Dad's birthday... He would be 98 today.. .and I miss him every day.

Wishing you all a terrific Tuesday!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:42 am

Good morning!

Still a bit gray outside, but most of my snow on the ground here is gone. The mountains looked beautiful dressed in their winter white.

The new shelf is in place and the junk that was there has either been moved to a better location, or moved to Acme landfill, which would is the best location! I ordered for curbside pickup a new cabinet for the toilet room, it will be here in another week. Also did groceries. Boy I went on a spending spree!

Uglies are caught up and the Batt Cave is warming too. So I am heading there shortly. Need to go online to Hobby Lobby and order some small spools of trims and laces for doll clothes. My stash is depleted.

So not much new around these parts,

Stay Safe! Lots of prayers,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”