Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday November 8,2020

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Sunday November 8,2020

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:44 am

Good morning all! Yesterday was not a good day for me. Everyone I rooted for in the football games lost. My Wolverines got beat big time and they were picked to win. Even Clemson lost yesterday. Did watch and enjoy the Breeder's Cup horse races yesterday. They were really good. They were at Keeneland in Lexington Kentucky a track I have been to many times when my DS1 lived there.

Glad the election adds are gone but now the fight really starts. This is gong to be such a mess if and when it ever gets settled. The next 4 years are going to be so hectic since basically we are divided 50-50 in this country. Of course most of the mainstream news hate the Republicans. Guess I will get lots of vodka and Bloody Mary mix. I am going to need it.

Maryz - When i was younger i got my mammos every year but now that I am over 70 my doctor has me only get the every2 years. That is okay because I don't have much there anyway. Have a safe trip as you head down south.

Lois - I was in my Hobby Lobby here about a month ago and they had lots of Christmas fabric. It might all be gone by now though. I bought a really nice panel with Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus on it that I am going to make into a wall hanging.

Judi - That nice of Liam to make a firepit for his Grammie. Tell him good job.

Well, time to go get some lunch for me and the furbabies. It so nice to have nice sunny and warm weather this week. It is supposed to get colder though by the end of the week.

Have a nice day!
Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:09 am

Good absolutely gorgeous morning,

woke up to a low cloud / high fog over the mountain out my front window. Also a high fog moving across the sky. My maple tree is turning yellowish and dropping it's leaves. the oak leaves are turning brown and dropping as well I love this time of year. We got some but not a lot of rain. Just enough to clean the sky and make the ground smell like rain. the weather is crisp and cool. Its 39 degrees right now and should reach a whopping high of 44.

Yesterday a friend and I went to some garage and rummage sales. it was fun. There aren't a lot of sales but they are spread out and it takes a morning to get to them all. Also went to some of the stores in town. My cousin has a new store in town, it is also online. It's called Mae it be Home. Reminds me of that show Fixer Upper. I bought a few things from her, it's good to see her do well. https://www.maeitbehome.com/

Today is clean up my sewing room and make space so I can play. things get set on my sewing table I need to figure out what I have and use it up. I have way too much fabric.

We had 8 new Covid cases in our county yesterday. This makes 89 cases four our county.

Lois, hope you find your Christmas fabric. Seems there is a shortage of fabric almost everywhere. Sad for the local stores and great for the online stores.

Maryz, How long will it take you to get there? And more importantly is your house sitter a sound sleeper. Kind of hard to make a raid with people in the house. Happy trails, hope your trip is uneventful.

Flo, pizza sounds great. this diet I am on doesn't allow pizza crust. I have seen crustless pizza. instead of crust they use sausage or ground chicken, kind of fry it in a thin "crust" I haven't tried it yet but it sounds interesting.

Suzette, is that panel the one with puppies and a pig? cute. Will the animal in mask fabric be a border to the panel?

Diane, if you can get out of Costco for under $100 you should write a book. It's not easily done.

Judi, what a sweetie pie that Liam is. Nice of him to think of you. A fire pit sounds nice. My grandpa built one using the drum of a washing machine on top of tire rim. It was used often.

Maryq, We were going to clean out the garage too but it's a bit cold out there. I remember after the last election so many were going to move to Canada. They are still here. Are you doing the wild animal pattern from Fatcat? it's adorable. I'm trying to keep track of those who have and haven't sent their SS gifts for two reasons. One is to see who didn't send to me so I can try to figure out who did and two, to see if everyone sent so we can open early. Did you know my box is staring at me from my sewing table?

Valerie, I only go to WMart early in the morning. the one closest to me is not a clean place to be so I like to get there before others wake up. We are also doing church online. I would like to have church indoors but ours is only outdoors. We were going to go today but it's too cold. Best to stay home.

Sherry, I think that the country will come together again. hopefully the unrest will settle and we can be America again. Sorry your teams lost. We havne't watched sports in quite a while.

Maryz, no, the easel isn't a Christmas present for Marilyn. I wanted to be sure she wanted it before I bought it. Sadly the kids are more into giftcards as gifts than something I pick out and think they would like. Today I will be putting some flying geese together to make a small table runner.

Jana, what new mask pattern did you find? share girlfriend.

Izzy, I would love to have your travel trailer, but it's not going to happen. One day I will have a travel trailer, but first I have to retire. If you still have it in about 6 to 8 years let me know. Funny you got kicked out of the chicken coop.

Maryq, yes, Jerry adds raisins to his oatmeal cookies. My favorite is when he adds butterscotch chips. Thanks for the website for that mask. they have a scarf mask you can make, I think I will try one.

Lori, it is funny that your mom's name is Marilyn and is an artist, It's like we are twins. Hope you are having fun at your son's house. I saw your snow picture this morning. hope your brought socks. cold toes are no fun.

Well girls, I think it's time for brunch, you all have a marvelous day
Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 am

I'm getting a late start today. I was going to walk the dogs and it started snowing. So we waited until it stopped. It is crisp and cold but we got our walk in. I did buy a new coat this week and it's perfect. The snow melted pretty quick, but it's been raining off and on all morning.

Valerie, bummer your fabric didn't arrive.

Lois, a quilt shop I went to on Wednesday had lots of Christmas fabric. I was surprised to see so much, because all the shops in CA by me are almost out. They are already moving on to Valentines fabric.

Suzette, that is a cute line of fabric. There is tons of Riley Blake fabric here in Utah, because she is here.

Judi, It's only 4 years. Who knows, maybe the new idiot will do something good for the country. Hope springs eternal.

Diane, good luck with leaving Costo under $100. lol

Chriss, I'll have to check out your cousins store.

Maryz, safe slow travels.

Maryq, garage cleaning is now fun, but it's so nice to have it done.

Well I spent part of the morning unsewing the quilting I did yesterday. There is a sections that got puckered on the back and I just can't live with it. It's near a corner, so I'll be able to take out a section and redo it today.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:26 am

Good afternoon!

Well, I made it! Taught my lesson via Zoom and it seemed to go very well. Sarah was here as my backup tech help. She didn't tell me that all my kids had logged in and watched me, until after I was done.

It is snowing here. Snowed overnight and off and on all morning. I am up about 1000 feet higher than where Lori is at right now, so she got rain, I got snow.

The new mask pattern I have is from a N95 mask, that Michael bought at Ace Hardware here in town. It doesn't have that plastic valve or anything, just the fabric material and elastic. So I traced it and made my own pattern from it. It is cut on the fold and you sew two edges together, then assemble the lining and outer piece together. If anyone wants my pattern, I can send it to you, gladly share. Just let me know. I think I can make a PDF and email it to you. It is really easy and about 10 min to make. I also use metal nose strips on the outside and tack them in place. I got my nose strips from, where else, Amazon. The mask sits away from your nose, looks a little like a beak. LOL!

Well, time to feed us brunch,

Hugs,
Stay Safe - continue to pray for our country, it needs lots of help!

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”