Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, November 7th

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Saturday, November 7th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:03 am

Chriss, I just cut it up like carrot stick and eat it plain. It's delicious. They usually have it in salad bars. Of course we won't see those for a long time to come. Yay! You got the easel. I bet Marilyn is thrilled. Funny, my mother is an artist and her name is Marilyn too.

Maryq, I'll be quilting a top today too. I bet you'll finish first. You're crazy fast.

Izzy, I'm sure you can sell it. So many people are buy trailers these days. They are in high demand on the west coast. We are going to rent before we buy. We want to make sure it's something we want to do before we invest. Our 2500 diesel is plenty big to haul a big one.

Jana, it's just a little breezy up here this morning. Yesterday we had some serious gusts in the early afternoon, but it died down. It's warm and beautiful this morning, so I've been in the backyard enjoying it before it gets cold.

Kathy, so glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Hope she can stay on track.

Maryz, I see you are preparing for the Vicki drama. Hope it's not too bad. My sewing room is our guest room as well. I have a loveseat that turns into a single bed.

Becca, I bet the twins will love their fabric book.

Flo, I don't like to exercise with an audience either.

Judi, glad everyone is negative on the testing. I can't watch the news either. I'm so done with all of it.

Lois, 505 is all I use for basting. I used to buy it at Joann's, but they charge way too much. So now I buy in bulk on Amazon. The more you buy, the cheaper it is. I do a lot of charity quilts, so I go through a lot.

Suzette, Yay for free day. Have fun sewing.

I'm going to clean up a bit, then get quilting on the reindeer quilt. I also need to go to the store for a few items I forgot to buy.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Re: Saturday, November 7th

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:37 am

Happy Saturday! Just got home from 2 visits. Glad my 2 days off are here.

Lois wow, that is a great idea to use the ping pong table. Wish I had one. I am still sending my quilts out but maybe one day.
Judy my DGS also stays up late on his phone/computer. When I was that age, nope 8pm, off to bed. Guess what, still 8 pm off to bed.
Flo I prefer to exercise without an audience also. I have some old lotto blocks I should put together also.
Becca this should be a fun Christmas with the twins, they are old enough now to enjoy the lights, etc. Not sure about Santa, he can be scary. You could here my DGS scream across the whole mall. He didn't like anybody dressed up as anybody. He still will not wear a mask on Halloween. He is compliant with covid mask but that is the only one I have ever seen him wear.
Maryz have a great but safe trip.
Jana I am sure it is getting cold there. It is only going to be in the 60's here today. We had some wind last weekend I think it was but so far not too bad today.
Izzy I would love to have your camper, just not sure getting it here from there would be an easy feat. Little Will is so cute. Yes, write that one down for when he grows up!
Maryq I didn't want to get up this AM either but duty called.

So guess I will get my day going. Want to pick up the living room a bit, maybe one more load of laundry. Still trying to clean as much dust out of the wall heaters as I can so they don't smell so bad when I turn them on. Then who knows, maybe a bit of sewing.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”