Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, September 29

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, September 29

Post by suzette58 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:54 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, it is a good thing the dogs woke me up early this morning. I took them out and came back in and fed them. Then I heard some noise from outside. It was POURING rain. Thank goodness we were already inside. I have started sewing the blocks together for the Irish Chain quilt. It seems like it will go together quick. Which is good. The couple will get their quilt before their first anniversary. LOL. Well I am in need of another cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, September 29

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
Yesterday I got another block for the penguin quilt done I have another block is all traced and ready for fabric but we won't be home so i might get that done when we come home we are going down to help out at Billy's today .

Well that's all the news here Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:39 am

Good morning Suzette and Lori + all who follow.

Another sleepless night so here I am 2:25 in the morning. Awake since midnight. Guess I will do my last class for work then try to go back to sleep for a bit.

I think the contractor comes back today with my shelves and drawers. Then I can at least start putting stuff in cupboards and clean up the dining room a bit. I think I am going minimalist at this point. Clutter is really starting to wear on my last nerve.

The whole town of Calistoga has now been evacuated. It is known for it's hot springs and mud baths. Probably around 6,000 people live there. Fire is up to 36,000 acres with last count 113 structures burned. I have not heard from my friend since mid day yesterday. I know the firefighters were on her road trying to save homes but she hasn't posted anything. She lives in the hills not the town proper. Air quality is just into the moderate range right now, not too bad.

Other than that not much else happening. Off to start my class.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:36 am

Good morning you early birds.🤣 Not a lot going on here started out warm yesterday then rain and burrrrr. Only in 60 s today. Fall has arrived. My ds was born on fall solstice and I remember it just like this then warm day went into hospital and freezing when we came out lol.

Suzette that was me yesterday feeding critters. Sorry to send rain over mountains your way.

Chriss glad your here. Lol I just kept reading you were gone thought I missed a vacation trip or something 😜

Mary I got the Quick curve ruler with pattern for a table runner as I watched a shop hop live on ticket to quilt. It’s a pretty design so I thought I would try it. Will let ya know if it’s really quick or not lol.

I feel for all these parents with their kids home. So much issue with tech and poor internet half my kids can’t get logged in. Parents are stressing and working too. Crazy

Lil man made cookies yesterday oh he loves to bake. They are a shortbread recipe that came in his pampered chef kids bake set. So easy and yummy.

Worked on hand quilting last night til 1030’ trying to get this one done got another quilt coming to long arm. Not to mention several projects I want to do for Christmas myself.

Well better run n feed the critters. Gotta get jacket this morning burrr.

Hugs 🤗 prayer 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 am

The heavy rains should start around 12-ish. I picked up 8 quilts for binding at Kathleen's yesterday so I'll keep busy during it. I found a pattern in my closet that I think will make a fast kit for qov, so in between the binding I hope to start cutting for it.

Next Thurs we fly to NY for DGD 14th birthday for a week. Also will finally get to hold my second little great granddaughter. Can't wait.

Off to start my day with fresh coffee.
Enjoy and keep safe.
Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:44 am

Good morning, It got a little warm yesterday and today should be more of the same. I am so ready for fall. And I would like a good windy, wet, maybe even snowy winter as well.

Jerry gets up at about 3:00 or so, don't ask me why. Well Moose noticed he wasn't in bed and bolted for the living room. and I have been awake since 3:30. dang dog.

Maryq, I love redwork, what pattern are you making? I got an email from I think Shabby Fabrics. they have a hedgehog block of the month and it is really cute, I thought of you and Lois.

Katy, you were my inspiration. I started walking again yesterday. It's too hot when I get off work so I use Youtube and do walk away the pounds. My plan is to keep it up, but you know how plans are. I bet it's wonderful to have clean windows. we didn't do ours and it shows.

Judi, a good feeling to have the freezer and pantry full and not have to drive in the snow.

Valerie, the fires are fierce this year. There are two theories, manage the forest or climate change. I think it's lightening and stupid people tossing cigarettes, parking on dry grass or letting their tow chain drag. Hope your friend is ok. If she had to evacuate perhaps she forgot her cell phone charger. hope the class online goes quickly and those cabinet shelves and drawers arrive today.

Suzette, I so wish that rain was here. I would love to see a good lengthy downpour.

Izzy, I am here, I don't see any vacations in my near future. Baking is fun, Marilyn used to make stuff all the time. ONce she made me a cupcake, only one cup cake, and God only knows what she put in it. I told her I was taking it to work so all the girls could taste how wonderful it was. I also feel for the mom's having to take on the teacher role. I'm not sure I could do it. and how hard will it be on the teachers if the kids ever do go back to school. all the kids will be at different stages in their education. It's a big fat mess.

Diane, happy birthday to the 14 year old. isn't it funny, when they are young they can't wait to grow up. now you make sure you follow the smooch rule when you see that great granddaughter of yours. My smooches have been delivered all over the country by the girls here. I just love little kids.

Not much else going on here. Guess I will refill the coffee cup and watch the news.

you all have a great day,
chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 am

Good morning!

Awake early here. The sun and Michael are still asleep. Talked to Aaron last night, on his way from taking care of the chickens at Sarah's. Just before he called, I heard sirens heading up toward the canyon near me. Ears perk up when we hear sirens. They stopped short of the canyon - no fire, but there was a accident on the road. Aaron was the cause of the sirens - he called 911 to report a accident between a motorcycle and a deer. He stopped and took over the scene of the accident , to make sure no one was seriously hurt,, until Herriman police and fire arrived. The motorcyclist was OK, a few scrapes. The deer, not as good. Aaron wanted to use his car to protect the scene from anyone crashing into it, but he couldn't. Lila was in the car, so he just pulled off to the side. Herriman arrived quickly and Aaron turned it all over to them. Aaron was expecting the worst with a motorcycle involved, but thank goodness it wasn't. So even off duty, accident scenes find him! Even just between his house and ours!

I worked on my Gnome wall hanging and have the bodies done and adding the mustaches. Slow, but made good progress. Today will be working on the hats. It has strange instructions, but this old brain, finally got the hang of them.

So that is my day, sewing Gnomes,

Stay Safe!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:52 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here Had nice Fall day yesterday
Maryq The Twins are growing so fast Crawling but not walking yet They are real good babies
I have laundry today
Val I sure hope your friend is safe & her house is ok Those fires are horrible
Hope everyone has a wonderful day Stay safe & prayers for all in need Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:25 am

Good morning...I am up and moving, cooler today only 46 this morning, cloudy. I might bake cookies for the grandkids they asked and how can you say no. so that is my plan...not much going on today,,,I will try to watch the debate tonight if it takes place.(there is doubt) I am hoping for civility and not name calling...praying that God blesses us and helps heal this country. Also praying for all the fire victims and fighters...Hexis are almost done...let the sewing commence....XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:37 am

Good morning,

Today is my DD1 and DSIL's 30th anniversary. They have known each other since they were 6 and 9, been in love since 14 & 17, and married at 18 and 21. They love Mickey Mouse and they are the ones I made the MM quilt for this summer - for their anniversary. We are having beautiful weather here this week. Funny - I told my sis as soon as they left, the rain, wind, thunder and lightening stopped! :lol:

SUZETTE - maybe your furbabies sensed hard rain coming and wanted to tend to business before that happened.

LOIS - You will have all your Christmas sewing done before Halloween! What's next?

IZZY - I agree - I'm sure many parents are finding it extremely difficult to help their kids, teach their kids, get internet for their kids. Not to mention hold down jobs to feed their kids! My oldest (now 48) was born during a hard freeze. Very slick ride to the hospital. And when we came out 5 days later, it was like a spring day!

CHRISS - We have a dog alarm, too. And it always goes off at 5am - unless it goes off at 3:30 instead. Dogs! And yet, I can't imagine life without one. Who would clean the floor!? Certainly not our husbands!! Not mine, anyway!

VAL - I hope your friend is OK. And she most likely is - but I fret for her house . . . We occasionally watch an episode of hoarders and vow the same thing - go minimalist. And we often haul a few boxes to the thrift shop the next day! lol!

DIANE - happy birthday to the new 14 yr old! What day is her bd? Our DGS will be 27 on Oct 13. His "golden birthday" was when he turned 13 on the 13th.

JANA - just shows to go you that first responders - police, fire, medical, DOT, and even janitors - are never off duty! If you open your QIAD Barn book check out pages 85 and 91. ;)

BECCA - Your twins still amaze me! Glad to see you feeling better! Enjoy your day!

JUDI - Will you finish your flowers today? I can't believe how quickly you've whizzed through this quilt! It would be a 2-yr project for me, minimum! Cookies sound good to me! Choc chip with extra nuts are my favorite - just sayin' . . .

Yesterday I made significant progress on "We Whisk You a Merry Christmas", aka, "Whisk". Some of it is hand work and there are a lot of embellishments, optional. I did buy the embellishment package so I have glitter fabric, foam to add dimension, buttons, tiny pom poms, rick-rack, felt, plastic, and other odds and ends to add to various blocks. Each block is like starting a new little quilt - all different. And different sizes! But fun to do. This afternoon we are taking a pizza and a bottle of wine to our friends and we'll sit out on their deck. He had ankle reconstruction surgery 2 weeks ago and is in a wheelchair until mid-Dec. It will be good to see them. I'm sure his wife is ready for a change of face! lol!

May you all have full bobbins!
mary z

Return to “Sew ins”