Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, September 29

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday, September 29

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 am

Good Morning Girls

BRRRR... a wee bit chilly this morning.... no problem, I have drawer full of sweatpants and a pile of nice warm sweat shirts.

Suzette.... You deserve a big pat on the back for getting that quilt done before the 1st Anniversary! I have still have a fabric for a quilt I was going to make for my grandson when he was little.. He's 16 now!

Lois... Aren't those penguins so cute! I have my June Bride all done, but waiting to be quilted.. Sure wish my friend Viv didn't live so far away... I'd love for her to quilt it for me.. I'm nervous about doing it myself on my little machine!

Valerie.... Won't it be great to have cupboards and shelves again... I have kitchen stuff all over my living room waiting for the backsplash to be installed later today.. I didn't have to take stuff out of cupboards... but I can imagine the "mess" you have doing everything in your kitchen. Just think how pretty it will be when it's all done!

Izzy... Isn't it funny how we remember every thing like it was yesterday when our babies were born? When Shawn, my oldest was born, it was Nov 5 (my birthday) and I went to the hospital with no jacket and sandals on my feet... 60* The next day we got a huge snow storm and the roads were terrible. Every year on the 5th I think of that day.. he was born on the 6th at 3:28am

Diane..... If postage weren't so expensive I'd say send me some quilts for binding! Love to do binding while watching TV... Were you able to have a celebrations at the Vet's cafe last week or is it this week?

Chriss.... I'm doing a red work for Snowmen... it's the only book of patterns I could find at Joann! Have only one more block to start and finish.. Am debating if I want to do the pattern exactly how the directions go (a lot of tiny FG..ugh) or if I want to make up my own pattern. I have a sneaky feeling it will end up in the UFO pile and I'll use it for Valerie's UFO challenge next year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jana... How fortuitous that Aaron was close by when the motor cycle hit the deer! One thing my Mom taught me about driving was to stay as far away from cycles as you can! I give them LOTS of room on the road and keep my eyes open for them everywhere.

Becca.... Won't be long and those babies will be walking all over.. once they see how fast they can move on 2 legs... they will be off and running! So good to see you back and hope you are feeling better and better every day!

Judi... The debate is on tonight? I just might have to tune in.... should be interesting. This has sure been an interesting year politics-wise.. and I Hate Politics. That said, I'll keep my opinions to myself here, but you're right... we need a lot of prayers to keep this country from falling into you-know-where!

Mary.... Love the picture of your whisk you sent me. I can definitely see it as another UFO in my pile... Does a UFO count if it's still just a vision in your dreams?

Had grand plans to go get groceries today... but I just don't wanna. (stopping feet) After another cup of coffee or two I'll figure out what to do today... I have a few choices... as always some mess clean up and I'd really like to clean up and re-organize the "scrap" room--yes there's a whole bedroom with scraps... I might be getting a set of bunk beds to put in that room, just in case the grand kids want to sleep over at Nana's. So I need to make room for them. I did finish a quilt top yesterday of the dresden plates I had made a while ago. Another quilt I wish Viv lived closer to do for me. A while back I made 24 blocks of a MSQ pattern Jenny did with "me and my sister" It used the wide dresden plate... So I'm making 2 small quilts for the cancer nurse I met this last summer.. those I can manage myself. Might finish those up today. See.. lots of choices! :lol: :lol:

For now I need more coffee!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Return to “Sew ins”