Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday September 28,2020

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Monday September 28,2020

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:07 am

Good Morning Girls

Hey, check this out... I'm here before 10:00am! LOL. Was up and showered by 0800! What's up with that.. Thought I better be up early in case the plumber called to tell me he's on his way. He fixed the sink etc the other day, but for some reason water won't come out my ice/water in the door of my fridge... so he'll fix that some time today. NBD.

Lois... Yikes... 80*... My Dex used to tell me you can't have Indian Summer until after "Squaw Winter"---which is when the white man can see his foot prints in the snow. He grew up next door to a man that was full Cherokee, I think. So that's the story! Did you ever make the Gnome Christmas quilt? I have all the pieces traced, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

Velda.... So you are staying in IL for the winter.... sounds like a good decision, I'm sure your son will love having you guys around for company. I take it you'll be staying at his house instead of your home on wheels. Will you have a place to set up your sewing etc at son's house?

Maryz... If I remember correctly that Whisk pattern is a LOT of little pieces! AARRGGH! But so cute.. can't wait to see if when it's all together.

Jana.... So how many clocks do you have that chime? I have one, but it's broken and I really need to take it and get it fixed... I love the sound of it chiming. DEX gave it to me for Christmas 1973! I bet you could come up with a neat wall hanging from all your "skinnies" patterns!

Becca.... So good to see you back among us! Hope you are feeling like your old self again! How are the twins doing? I bet they are walking or just about ready to. Double Trouble once they start walking.

Suzette... Ah you didn't really want to go for a walk in the park did you? :lol: :lol: Sewing is much more fun.

Flo.... YEAH a two day break from house building!

Kathy.... Get Mr. Maytag started and while he does his thing... you can sew!

Chriss.... One of my favorite sayings..."not my monkeys" Aren't sons the best. Supposedly it's "Sons day" as I have seen lots of people post it on Facebook. Got to face time with my Canadian son last night... but boy I could use some hugs! Working from home sure saves on gas right?

Yesterday I did actually finish my Christmas swap quilt! Posted picture under the topic. Not sure which project my ADD will kick in to do today. I found a little box of dresden wedges that I cut a long time ago... didn't have enough to make full circle dresdens so used 5 at a time and made MSQ pattern with them in little pots. So that's all together, just waiting for borders. May do that today... though I really need to go get groceries... and go pick up some more red embroidery floss.. At night I've been stitching Red Work Christmas blocks and man do I go through a lot of floss! Need to go check my supplies for October Lotto too... looks like an easy enough block to make!

And per usual, my coffee is now cold so will grab a refill and head down stairs to see what trouble I can get into down there.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!!!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:49 am

Good mornin all

Went to work on big window in living room. Its done. yah I stopped there we will put curtains back up when dry. Tomorrow will do 2 small windows. Those curtains will be done . Nothing else going on here.
I sewed yesterday until my back started hurting. I hope I can sew some later.
Chriss Yep that came first being honest with myself. I realized my weight was not going to disappear and me and my dog needed exercise . I have been trying to get a little farther each day.
Maryz I hope thats what it takes However I was bitten by a tick this spring. So I may have to be tested for Lyme disease. I hurt in my muscles not my bones. But I fell early in spring and chiro thinks I pulled muscles in between ribs. Ans yes I need to rest Two more windows and rest. lol
Suzette We got rain last night . But was really nice this morning.
Well I need coffee and rest my back
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am

Well thats not how I planned it.....I was up stripped the bed and started my chores got dressed and combed hair and headed out to the store for a few things...stopped at the meat market and ordered my freezer full...I plann on having enought to tide us over through november and december...and even some of January. it tallied up to big $ but I am set no matter what happens. we have 2 freezers and both will b full/ Pantry is ready too/ Winter is alzo predicted to be a snowy one and I hate to drive in the snow.
Maryz we dont have anymore trips planned...I would like to go but I doubt we will have time///too many other things going on here...
It is raining today,,,,firsr we have had in a couple of weeks. so no yard work for a few dys..sewing might be one the list...I have most of the flowers done on th GFG and will be able to start the backround squares soon. Well back to work here,,,have a great day OOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:11 pm

Good afternoon all, better late than never!

Got to the bank today, grocery store and all but one of my online classes completed for work. Was nice to have 2 nights off but back at it tonight. Looks like I may have to go out this week. One lady declining.

Open sew is Wednesday. 9 more blocks and then start putting the rows together. Tomorrow I may cut some fabric for the next quilt. We will see how the back feels.

Took my walk early this AM. 8 am and it was already close to 80. It is 98* right now according to Weather Bug app.

The fires continue to spread in Napa. Evacuations continue. So far no loss of life that I have heard off. Glass Mountain Inn is a complete loss as is Chateau Winery that has been there more than 40 yrs. Might be enough of the winery to rebuild, not sure. Last I heard it was at about 12,000 acres. I am trying to stay in contact with a friend of mine who was evacuated in the initial stages of the fire. Hoping her house was saved. She is an only child and grew up in the home with her parents. They are both gone now. October 7th will be the first anniversary of her mother's death. She could use an extra prayer or two.

Well, best get back to that last class! Nice visiting with you all, break over!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Valerie - are you on the Napa side of Vallejo or the Benicia side? I have family in Napa, on the road to St Helena. Napa is always so tinder dry. Hope your friend is safe.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Jana I am on the border of Vallejo and American Canyon. 1/2 mile from the Napa County line.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm

Thanks - now I know when to worry about you.

Return to “Sew ins”