Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday September 28,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday September 28,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:37 am

Good Morning and Happy Monday,
Today it will be almost 80* oh well I guess its Indian summer.
Yesterday I finished a block on my penguin quilt and ironed another 1 and I will sew it down then I only have 5 more blocks to make on this 1 it will be Sandi's christmas gift.

Well there is nothing else new to report I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Monday September 28,2020

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 am

Good morning. Lois, I look forward to seeing pictures of your quilt. Sounds really cute. The cold front is rolling in here.
Trying to get myself used to the idea that we are staying in Illinois this winter. I know I remember very quickly, why we like to go south in the winter. Ha,Ha. But this year we feel better, staying with our son and not traveling. His son, our grandson, is off to California for Boot camp. The recruits are in quarantine for 14 days before the begin training. Our son invited us to stay there and we will help with some house projects.
Off to get more coffee. Have a great day.
Vel
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:55 am

Good morning,

LOIS - your quilts are so cute! I know the penguin quilt will be, too! What a purrfect Christmas gift!

VELDA - Hugs to your grandson from a grateful citizen! Chickie's grandson was in Marine bootcamp (same place my SIL went 30 yrs ago!) when Covid hit and he got quarantined, too. I guess the silver lining about not going to TX is you get to spend quality time with your son! :D

JANA - I'm sure your friend was very thankful to learn about sheet-making and also to have a folding high chair for the RV! How is your 'sewing injury' today?

KATY - sorry about your back. I hope a few days rest and a few visits to your chiro and you'll be back in the pink again soon!

JUDI - I'm sure you're probably typing even as I am, so good morning to you, too! When does Sophia start volley ball? And do you have any more campouts planned before putting the fiver away for the winter? We have rezzies at the ocean Oct 11-14 but that's about when my sis is supposed to return to pick up her new Fox Mountain fiver. We don't want to miss them. Plus, ours is still in the repair shop. So we'll see how everything comes together if we get to go or not.

Yesterday I made progress on "Whisk" and got a pair of fox applique pot holders almost finished. They are for my sis for her new Fox Mtn. And I hope to have the first row of 'Whisk" together by end of business today. I also 'supervised' (held the ladder and helped measure) while Bill cut the corner off our shop roof yesterday. It's where we make a sharp right turn to get the trailer out of our adjacent RV shelter and that corner was causing us problems. So he simply cut it off! Hopefully that's all it takes.

When Bill wakes up I hope he's up for a quick trip down to the harbor (2 min drive) to see if we can see the Northern Lights which are supposed to be visible in our area until daylight. We did it yesterday but no lights. Maybe this morning . . .

Have a sew-per day!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 am

Good morning!

Just heard all my clocks chime and let me know what time it is. One clock counts time normally and the other clock is a Ship's Bell, so it counts time like a military watch on board a ship. Took awhile, but I have learned that one too. At any rate, it is early!

It's Monday, so I have a few uglies to do. Then I will try to sew. Michael wants me to design a long narrow wall hanging to put near the front door. We have a small Tiffany style light to put there, but the ugly cord will show, all the way down the wall. So he wants me to hide the cord with a quilt. So I have a idea of houses and a barn. I have El's Barn quilt book, so I have a good starting point. Lots of fabrics too.

So my day is planned.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:19 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here
Everyone is so busy like always
Vel I know you will enjoy your time with family
Lois Your quilt will be so cute
Maryz Sure hope you see the lights this morning
Must get started on my day I have early appts Thurs & Friday so must get up earlier than this.
Prayers for Kathy Cindyg & Teresa & all in need. Becca

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:23 am

Good morning everyone.
We are getting rain that we were supposed to get tomorrow. I was planning on walking at the park this morning but, Mother Nature changed her mind. I will go down to my sewing room in a little bit and sew. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:28 am

Morning
Yesterday we all got a lot done at kids house. DH & DS1 got rest of sewer pipe in & last foundation repair half done. DDIL, DGD & i got a lot if clean up in yard done. There us this pile of dirt, brick trash & burnables in yard. Pile us about a large dump truck size. We got it about half cleaned up. Pile has been there for years. Neighbors are very happy with what we are doing. We were all very sore.
Today I am off to city for Blood work. My oncologist appointment us at 7 am before lab opens. So I am off hoyse repair next 2 days.
Have a sew great day.
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:40 am

Yes this winter will be special! We knew he was going to be lonesome after Ray left, but OMG! He is really going through a transition! We spent so much time chatting on text yesterday. We will help to fill that gap a little. Also spending Holidays alone, would really be hard.
I will have to work on my quilt for granddaughter's graduation this winter. Will sandwich it the old way, before I had the luxury of the big tables in the winter time clubhouse. 😏 I will get it done!!
Vel
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:25 am

Good Cloudy Morning............

Working on laundry today. A few uglies to do. Never got to sew yesterday, hope to today!

Sun just popped out......that will improve the day's outlook.

Love & Prayers.............Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:51 am

Good morning, it's going to be a great day today.

the dinner I helped with for Wreaths Across America went well. they made quite a bit of money. I tried to keep my suggestions to myself. It was hard for me to do. I used to do these kinds of dinners with my ex husband. I kept telling myself, not my circus not my monkey's.

Lori, I love time with my son too. Sons really are the best thing ever. We are very blessed. Sorry about the garage, do you think husbands just don't think? Jerry misses things too. I'm not sure why he doesn't see what I see, or half of what I see.

Judi, did you find a new mower? If Ken can't fix the old one it can't be fixed. I imagine him as someone who can make anything work.

Flo, how is the kids house coming along?

Lois, I saw a picture of your snowman quilt. adorable. she will love it. I like the penguins too, they will be a cute quilt.

Maryz, nice story about your SIL's quilt and the blanket. it will be a great quilt when she gets it all together.

Katy, sorry about the back. Nice that your ex helps you with the garden. yay for 7 pounds. and that 1/4 mile walk is good for both you and Boo. I'm trying to walk more too. I can list the reasons I don't but need to be honest with myself.

Jana, what fun to get to hold a chunky baby. aren't babies the best.?

Kathy, so glad you are home. Get some house shoes with good tread on them and get rid of any slippery throw rugs. sorry your ambition and motivation are taking a break, hope they come back soon.

Maryq, I am here. Pinning the quilt isn't my favorite either. But once the pinning is done the quilting and biding part are cake. Oops, can't have cake, they are salad. LOL. have you seen the youtube video of the quilt being sandwiched using pool noodles. pretty cool.

Val, I just saw that there is another fire near you. I see it burned down a winery already. The fire near me is still burning and is over 300,000 acres. crazy. I love the UFO idea. I will have to bring down my basket of blocks and try to accomplish something,

Becca, it's so good to see you, hope your appointments today hold good news.

Velda, enjoy Ill in the winter. it will be good to be with your son.

Suzette, yay for Mother Nature. I'd much rather sew.

Guess I need to get dressed for work, that commute is at least 20 feet. you all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to β€œSew ins”