Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday Sept 27th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday Sept 27th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 am

Good morning, It is cloudy but warm again today here, i will do some laundry today and miss another game...sad as it is. I am sown to the last 20 hexi flowers for the GFG. I can start to cut the bakround squares which consist of 4 4in squares sewn to and 8 inch then the flower is appliqued on to it...so it is not the traditional GFG. but a real beauty .
Kids have gone home...they have sports to play which is good for them. Sophia will start volley ball as soon as it starts this will be her first time playing,,( she decided hockey was not for her, but she tried) My neighbors grand daughters both got full ride scholarships in volley ball ) we are hopeful we can watch her play....someday.
I didnt get out side yesterday a vegged out and listened to 2 books on audible...thy were short but good...I need to get to the weeds maybe today....Our lawnmower tractor took a crap so If Ken cannot fix it...we will have to buy a new riding mower...not what I had in budget,,,I may have to help with the push mower today...before the rain tomorrow....Well I need coffee and some breakfast burritos to make...have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Sunday Sept 27th

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:20 am

Morning Judi & all to follow
Judi I like using push mower. When we first moved here I mowed about 3 acres every week with one for 6 months. Took me most of week.
Greenhouse up at neighbor house. Today i will go to kid's house & do some clean up as trash man comes tomorrow morning.
Sew for me...every time I go in my sewing room, DDIL follows...which means she is ignoring DGD...yesterday was tense.
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:45 am

Good morning Judi and Flo,

Yesterday I finished the motorcycle quilt top for my soninlaw then I finished my fatcat snowman top for my Dgd olivia today I want to get started finishing my penguin top for my daughter Sandi I only have six more blocks on that one so that way all the tops are done maybe by the end of the week.

Well that's all the news for today well it's time to get dishes out of the sink and drink more coffee Bill went to Dunkin donuts and brought me back a pumpkin spice coffee.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:49 am

Good morning,

JUDI, I bet Sophia loves volley ball. My walking neighbor's twin girls played all through middle school, high school, and even some on an adult league through college. No scholarships, though. Your quilt is going to be so pretty! Are you going to do the applique part by hand or machine? I haven't pushed a lawn mower in 30 years!

FLO - Maybe you should let DIL and DGD go clean up the house and you go into the sewing room alone.

CHRISS - there you are!! Congrats on your 11.8#!! I know it's not easy. If it were, I wouldn't be packing around my extra pounds! Good on you and Jerry for your purging/cleaning efforts. That, too, is hard to do. The first time we did it took us weeks. Now we try to do it every year.

LOIS - You are rockin' your tops! Are they going to be Christmas gifts? Those Fatcat patterns are - well - the cat's pajamas!

My sister and DBIL left yesterday about 2:45pm, after one last game of Mexican Train Dominoes. I did post a photo of her quilt that we put together while they were here. Several of you asked why she was insisting on using a blanket for batting. The blanket was from a Best Western Motel that she and Al managed back in 1985-86. And she is insisting on doing it by hand because that is the old fashioned way. Though she had no problem with me doing the sewing to assemble her top - by machine! :lol: After they left I got about 2 hours of work on "Whisk". Today, I plan to really make some progress on that project. No other big news here. The rains are about done for now and we have a week of beautiful weather ahead of us - There will be some yard work and sitting outside and enjoying. Hope there's some of that for all of us!

Mary Z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:35 am

Good morning

Everything is going slowly here I put my back out so I have had to slow down. My x is working on cleaning up veggie gardens. We are still getting tomatoes but that will end Thursday night if it gets down in the 30's
Still have a few humming birds Two moms and babies.
My last quilt is finally going to quilter. As for the new one it is going slow. Can only sew so long then have to quit.
Chriss Happy you have lost wt. I have lost 7 pounds. But it has been slow too. lol I started walking Boo a fourth of a mile. Does not sound like a long walk but gives us both exercise
Maryz I know people that do that all the time and think that makes it all hand done, lol But its ok but I think it would be hard to hand quilt through a blanket.
Well I am going to join the rest of you for coffee
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:03 am

Good morning!
The sun may be shining bright, but it is cold!

My friend came over yesterday and I taught her how to make a sheet. And she brought her new little boy with her. Will was born the end of February and this was the first time I got to meet him. He is a adorable chunky monkey! My friend also took my old highchair to use in their new RV. I bought that highchair for Stu when he was little, 23 years ago. The highchair quickly can be disassembled for storage, so it will be great in her RV.

My thumb/wrist is doing much better. Still not a whole lot of use yet. The pain is only there now if I forget and move it the wrong way. It sure tells me so! So, not much sewing for me at the moment.

BYU won again last night. Fun to watch the head coach being the cheer leader for the team. He is a hoot - he and all the other coaches doing their sideline dances. Almost better than the game!

Stay Safe!

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:24 am

Good Cloudy Morning..........

Just stopping in to say "Hello". Feeling better, tired, & lack motivation & ambition. I'm sure they'll be back soon. Must have been the knock on my forehead.

The Maple trees on the edge of the water have turned to red. I ordered some fabric just before the fall so there was some fun to come home too. Got some 'bubble gum pink' always wanted some. Would like to sew something simple today........

Thank you for your thoughts & Prayers.............Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:46 am

Good Morning Girls

Went out on the deck for my morning prayers and coffee and almost got blown away! Man is it windy this morning... and COLD!!! But the view from my deck is so pretty... the leaves are just about ready to peak in colors of colors of gold and green and even some gorgeous reds. With all this wind, I'm expecting to lose a lose of them today.

Judi... You must have the patience of a saint to sit make all those little hexi's for flowers! Can't wait to see it all put together... what a work of art!

Flo.... Prayers for guys that the house can be completed soon!! Hopefully it's not TOO close to you so DDIL doesn't end up coming to visit too much!

Lois... Saw your Snowman quilt on FB! So cute.... Last winter I made a door hanging of 6 snow men... to represent my grand kids... never finished it... so this year I will HAVE to hang it on my door for the holidays. Four of my grand have brown eyes, and 2 have blue... so I have 4 brown eyed snowmen and 2 blue eyed ones! :D

Maryz... Did you take a big sigh of relief when your sis head out? She's a bit stubborn? :lol: :lol: I bet the view from your deck is beautiful too.... Such a nice place to sit and relax.. I remember it well.

Katy..... Do you use Miracle Gro on your tomatoes? I totally forgot to do that with mine so I sure didn't get very many... Next year I'll remember! Hope your back feels better every day... Are you heading to the chiro this week to get straightened out?

Jana.... Don't you just love the cheeks on a baby! When my Nolan was about 6 months old.. he was the chunkiest baby ever... we just called him "well fed"... but today at 9 years old he's thin as a reed.

Kathy.... Good news to see that you are feeling better. Don't push yourself tho... take it easy... I'm a firm believer in naps and that the best healing takes place while you sleep--though I have no medical evidence to prove it. :lol:

Chriss... They you are... I was just about to send out a search party! You don't know how many times I have gone to sleep at night praying for a miracle that I would wake up 100# lighter/thinner by morning. Guess it doesn't work that way does it.

Finally got my Christmas quilt pinned yesterday.. gosh I hate that part.. Am waiting for my coffee to kick in a little more then I'll do a quick clean up up stairs and after that head down to clear the deck and get it quilted. Binding is already made so I can get that sewn on tonight.

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Heat streak starts today. It is currently 98*. I really really do not like the heat. Looking forward to cooler weather. Should start here by next month sometime.

We have yet another fire in Napa. Very hot winds, dry air and it exploded in no time. Multiple evacuations all ready with some structures involved. Having electrical problems at the house so DGS trying to make TV work. Been a tough few days.

Lois hope you are going to post pictures.

Katy my weight loss has been very very slow. Still down a few pounds but not focusing well on diet. Need to get my you know what together.

I see a few of you have shown an interest in possibly participating in a UFO challenge. I will start thinking a bit more seriously about the rules. Plan on starting 1/1/2021. Gives lots of time to locate those UFO's, decide which ones you can get done and then turning on that machine New Years Day! I did take apart a jelly roll yesterday and sorted it by color (per instructions!). No cutting yet but at least it is all organized and ready.

Well DGS got the TV going again so need to find some news.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”