Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday September 26,2020

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Re: Saturday September 26,2020

Post by suzette58 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:09 am

MaryZ - yes I did the same quilt. Plus did one that was part of the same collection. There was 4 panels. There are a lot of fun.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:05 am

Mary a the motorcycle quilt is for my son Inlaw for christmas.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:26 am

Good morning, isn't it going to be a marvelous day?

Our temps are considering fall but next week might change that. It's kind of like tug of war. Summer wants to hang on but fall tries to be the victor.

I have been taking more morning time to do my bible study. I have a bible that has 4 versions of the bible in it. King James, NKJ, NIV and new living. the chapters are side by side, two versions per page. I am reading all 4 versions. Funny how King James it hard to read and it gets easier as I get to the new living version.

Jerry and I are going to help with a fundraiser this afternoon. Wreaths Across America is having a drive thru dinner and I am mere kitchen help. Pasta, salad and bread.

I was looking at Valerie's post in the swap section, I would really like to finish some things and hers looks like a fun contest.

And finally, I am down 11.8 pounds. slow but sure. As much as I would like to wake up to a 100 pound loss I am grateful to be still losing. It's not only what you eat but eating no more than you burn. I do need to burn more, I am not as active as I should be.

Suzette, a friend of mine did a t-shirt quilt with Harley t-shirts from all over the place. it really is cool and made me think of you.

Lois, I had the craziest dream. you came over and we were gardening and my yard looked so nice. I woke up and all of our work had been undone. dang it.

Becca, it is a joy to see you post. really makes my heart happy.

Izzy, I am right here, my mornings have changed so much. I am sleeping in a bit later so on the computer a bit less. We just got word that the plan is to keep working from home through this year, God willing I will work from home until I retire. So nice that DDIL and DS have you to help with that cutie pie of yours, you are a cool grandma.

Judi, here's a hug, a really big hug.

Velda, we also have early hours for seniors and first responders here. it really is nice that it is offered.

Maryz, funny about the cell phone in the pocket. It sure saved Izzy's butt didn't it? once my son called me and was unhappy because he called a few times before I answered. I didn't have my phone in my pocket and he wanted to know how to make Scampi. I realize he could have googled it but I think he just wanted his mommy. Glad you got to see your nieces. must have been fun. Double ditto what you said to Becca.

Sherry, It really is amazing how much a person gathers and stores. We are like squirrels. Jerry and I have been cleaning the garage and putting things for sale on a local facebook swap site. We've made a few bucks and emptied some totes. We even have a cleaner workbench and one day will have a garage with more room. It does feel good to have things cleaned up. I checked with my son, he has no desire to have my junk so out it goes.

Maryq, I've missed a lot, I am off to read about your new table and new kitchen, what fun to be you.

Suzette, I read that you went to Wendy's. When Marilyn was young I took her to Wendys to get a frosty. She tried it and asked "why have you never told me about this" it was funny, like I was keeping the deep dark frosty secret. she used to be cute ;)

Diane, did you get to have the Vets Cafe? I hope you did.

Flo, what a blessing to have such a great neighbor. nice to have someone who you can count on and who can count on you.

Jana, your rogue son might come live near you. I bet your head is spinning with excitement. so cool. Cali is getting worse, hope he finds the perfect place and job in your state. yay you.

Valerie, glad to hear about the negative test. so good. Now is this the grandson who has the baby? I'm sorry, all these years and I don't know your grandkid status.

Kathy, wow, I just read about your fall. Glad your sister was able to help. Maybe it's time to share house keys with each other. I also don't like to be told what I should do and there I go telling you to share house keys. So glad you are on the mend. Prayers for you my friend.

Maryq, wow on the new cutting table. my gosh, I wish I had a room big enough to hold a table that big. If I weren't married my living room would be my sewing room, but dang it I have to share.

Izzy, I also have mom issues. Like you I have cut off contact. My mom sounds quite a bit like yours. I have struggled with this for a while. I'm supposed to honor my mom and I am supposed to stay away from those who are a bad influence. I have, probably like you, turned the other cheek so many times that I am out of cheeks. My mom doesn't have alzheimers or any kind of dimentia she is just hateful and admits she doesn't care what people, including me, think. Sometimes you just have to love people from a distance.

Maryz, yay for the zoom hearing outcome. It must be so frustrating that Vicky's kids can't take care of their mom's needs in the way everyone knows is best. the thought process behind all this is stupid.

Katy, great flower story and how cool for DD to get flowers two weeks in a row. Well? did you find that pattern? I would like to go through my sewing room and organize it. I'm thinking about Valerie's post in swap and want to put my ducks in a row so I can play, that is if I get my butt in gear.

Lori, glad you are home. My DH also overlooks things that need to be cleaned and while I am working he is the house cleaner. He finally asked me to make a to do list. He has accomplished a few things on the list and is now focused on the garage. Crazy husbands. Was it a fun trip? I read that you went kayaking. sounds relaxing. Sons are a good thing.

Sherry, glad your doctor appointment had normal results.

Diane, were you able to figure out how to delete old messages? I would be happy to walk you through it just ask.

And that catches me up with all of you. Hope you have the best weekend ever. I am off to the showers.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 am

Chriss, It was a great trip. Anytime spent with DS is a fun. I sure miss him thought when
I leave. Yes, it's all about calories in and calories out. Doesn't really matter what diet you chose. You just have to burn what you eat. That's why I walk in the mornings. So when I have cookies in the afternoon, I don't feel so bad. lol

Maryq, you are your usual busy self. I need to do some painting now that it's finally cooling off here.

I went out to the garage for something last night and realized it's full of soot and ash. Apparently DH left the garage open when the big fires were burning and ash was falling. He also had the house open, so there is a fine dust of yuck all over. I've been slowly getting it cleaned up. That's what happens when I leave for 2 weeks.

Well I best get to work on the garage. It's absolutely filthy. I sure hope to sew this afternoon. I did get my sisters Christmas/birthday quilt quilted and the binding on. Just need to make a label and sew down the binding. Her birthday is late December, so I have plenty of time.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”