Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, September 25

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, September 25

Post by suzette58 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 am

Good morning everyone.
The dogs woke me up to a rainy morning. I took them out and they took care of their business really fast. We have some errands to run this morning and then I am back to my to my sewing room. Things are going very well on the wedding quilt. Yesterday we went to the drive up at our local Wendy’s and I was surprised to see that the dining room was still closed. I had wondered why the drive up line was always long. I hope everyone has a great day. Stay dry.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, September 25

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today will be ugly day and a few errands then its home to sew.
Wednesday I hit Jackpot when I went to the fabric warehouse they just put new stock out so I got a couple of new pieces I might go back we shall see.
Yesterday I finished the geese on the motorcycle quilt then I will make the last border and that will go to the pile.
Suzette Bill and I went to perkins a couple of weeks ago and it's still outdoors because they dont have there filtration system in place so they cant have indoors.
Well that's all the news here I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:55 am

Good morning,,,Still dark so I cannot tell what the sky will bring...I had a fitful night and didnt sleep well. it happens...Im not sure why. all I had before bed (way before bed) was a smll glass of orange juice,,,
I am down to the last 25 hexi flowers...then to make 108 backround squares...
I too have errands to run today,,,Liam is coming over to help Ken with some chores...and I need a few things (Ice cream and doritos where on his list of requests),,,we will have burgers on the grill for supper. so off I go to get my self dressed and slug down some coffee....have a wonderful dayXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 am

Good morning to all

Lois-where is the fabric warehouse? Sounds like fun to shop there. Opened to everyone or once a month? Hope you got super bargains.

Today (fingers crossed) is a small qov at vets cafe.

We got the tickets for the NY trip in Oct. for DGD's 14 birthday.
Its amazing how slow the days seems to pass yet the months and years fly bye in a blink.

Time for coffee--stay safe--
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 am

Good morning,

A quiet, rainy day here yesterday. No sewing, but I did goof around in my play room, cleaning up some things and getting organized again. What a mess my sis and I made! I posted a pic of her quilt in Photos if you'd like to see. Bill and I ran some errands while Sis unloaded some things from her trailer that she will need to put into the new trailer when they return in a few weeks. Then we relaxed, played a game of Racko, had supper, a little TV, and everyone went to bed early. Today we're all going to visit my SIL, Barb (Albert's wife). And Al, too, as we haven't been back to the cemetery since his burial. It's almost directly across the little country road from his house. It's a 2-hour drive each way so it's going to be a fairly long day.

If you didn't see it, I posted a late-breaking note about Cindy in yesterday's sew-in. She's been really sick and needs a prayer or two.

Have a great day!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:04 am

Morning
Praying for Cindy. Get well soon.

Mt Laundry today, and some housework. Tomorrow helping neighbor set up a large greenhouse..and i get to use it too. I am making this neighbor a set of table runners & aprons for Thanksgiving & Christmas as a gift. And she doesn't know it. She is more like a sister & was always helping during my cancer treatments.
Need to sign off.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:22 am

Good morning!

Still dark o' thirty here. A tad chilly too. Couldn't get the Highlander in yesterday, so it will be early this morning.

Fussed around and got the program with the bow to open. Finally figured out what I needed to do and will play with one on a scrap as a test run.

I am doing a slight happy dance. Daniel called last night and he and Kari have had about enough of California. He wants to do some networking for job possibilities. Either fire full time, or architecture, either way, they want to move. He wanted me to find him contacts, so I did - Sarah! She immediately knew several and has many more. Daniel's friend, who owned the firm Daniel first worked for, long ago sold that place, moved here and has a new company. He and Daniel have stayed good friends over the years. That is a possibility too. Oh, how wonderful it would be to have all the kids close. Daniel doesn't like neighbors close, so he wants to be out in the boonies, that's OK. Boonies here are closer than California. We will see what happens.

So, I will be an ol' sew n sew when we get back home.

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:57 am

TGIF!

DGS Covid test came back negative. He is feeling better but still a bit tired. I think he might have worn himself down and suffering from exhaustion. He has slept more than usual these past couple of days.

No sleep last night after midnight. Not sure why? I may have to try and take a nap today. Keep laying back down and just not working. Too many thoughts I guess.

Got Dad his bath yesterday, room all cleaned. DH shaved him so he is good for a day or so. Fresh sheets and all.

After a few minor uglies and a shower I may try to sew again. I only have 9 more blocks so if I could get them done, I could lay out the quilt and mark the rows. No open sew until next week.

Prayers for Cindy, Becca, Kathy and anybody else who needs them.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 am

Surprised it's me?? I really didn't run away..........

I've been sick & shocking to me in the hospital! Here's my short story. On the 21st I woke up feeling odd in the tummy & gut. Rushed to the bathroom & fell, I landed on my bad rotator cuff & the forehead. Between the shoulder & my weight I could not get myself up. I was on the floor for 10 1/2 hours. Long time. I inched wormed myself into the bedroom, took forever. called my sister & when she got off from work she rushed over. She had to break in the kitchen window...love that baby sister! We couldn't get me up. SO 911 had to be called. They sweetly forced me to the hospital, I had a bad UTI and some thing called serum CK in my blood from the fall. I was very confused in the ER not understanding & there all by myself. Surprising did not break my head, what a bruise I have there. It took 5 days for my CK numbers to come down. Had lots if IV fluids & antibiotics.
With dehydrated veins here was lots 'trying' to get I to them. My arms are covered in big purple bruises.
My sister was an angel she came back to the house & cleaned the mess up.
Today is my 1st day starting to feel like myself. Yesterday I did laundry as it came out of the dryer I made a big pile on the floor.
The one thing I'm tired of hearing is "I'm 72 & live alone, I need to do/change.................."

I'm on the mend, keeping up my meds & fluids. So sorry to hear Cindy was hospitalized also....I feel her pain.
That's all for me from me....my eyes don't like looking at the screen to long.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:14 am

Kathy I'm so happy you are back I hope you recuperate real fast.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”