Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday September 21,2020

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Monday September 21,2020

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:40 am

Maryq, how fun that the kids stopped by. Doesn't it seem like we spend a lot of time cleaning up in the sewing room? Sometimes I feel I spend more to cleaning up the mess than actually making it.

Lois, sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday. It's always fun to find things at a flea market.

Sherry, bummer you still don't feel good. Lots of rest and fluids.

Valerie, Yay for sewing. I know you have a lot going on in your house, so being able to sew is a big deal.

Maryz, I have a hard time keeping up with my UFO's as well. Maybe it's because I see something new and have to make it right then. Then I get partially done and go back to something else. There are just so many cute patterns and fabrics out there calling my name. Over the weekend I bought another kit and a few embroidery patterns. Like I really need more stuff. lol Have fun with your sister./ro

Mary/Rose, happy belated birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Jana, I figured you lived somewhere close by, but didn't know it was that close. The lady who helped us in the store was very friendly. It's a cute little shop.

Well I need to get ready and walk Jack Bug. He's been waiting. DS is working from home, so we are being quiet today. I need to go to the market for a few things for dinner, and maybe a Quilt shop.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 am

Valerie, working on a UFO challenge for my guild. We have one almost every year. I really pushes you to get them done. We pick 5 and have 2 months to complete each one. At the end if you finish them all, you win a prize. I've one a couple of time.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:32 am

A quick message I was supposed to relay this morning but forgot. My bad. Teresa left a message on my phone that she is locked out of her computer and her phone so can't get on the forum, though she hopes to have that remedied soon. Also, she said she has shingles and would appreciate a prayer.

mz

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:48 pm

i just talked to Teresa, she is back on.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Teresa, hugs sweetie. You've had a rough year.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:48 pm

Valerie - QIAD has numbered pins: https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/notion/216361 and here is another: https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/notion/63484 Sometimes they have packages with fewer in them, but I did not look.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Hello there, It was my goal to get here all weekend but something always got in my wya.

Jerry and I cleaned out part of the garage over the weekend. It was a job and is only partially done. boy can we ever save stuff. We sold some things on a Facebook swap site. I joked that I made $100 and never had to take my clothes off.

We still have a long way to go but will get it done sooner or later.

This coming weekend we are putting on a dinner for Wreaths Across America. I found I will be working in the kitchen rather than running dinners to cars. I had really hoped they would put me as a runner so I could get some exercise.

Still on my diet. down just over 10 pounds, 90 to go. I'm hoping for a noticeable loss by Christmas.

A friend just bought a new Janome. Lukes sewing center in Ohio. Seems they bought a bunch of machines because they were going to have a class in Paduchah, well Paducah didn't happen. She got a new Janome 9450 for $2,700. what a deal. I so wanted one but there is no way. they need to get rid of them, I wish I could have gotten one. Just not in the cards.

That's the extent of my excitement, you all have a great tomorrow.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”