Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday September 16th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wednesday September 16th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

Good Morning Home from a 2 and a half week vacation/ you know what that means? Laundry and uglies galore...so that is what I will do today, We did get the camper unpacked. Sorted through some of the mail. More today. We did have a great time...and our friend Gloria ( divorce saga) came up on sunday and spent a couole f days with us. it was nice. She is still very sad. but Hoping she will heal. well I need coffee and get my bottom in gear here,,,hope you are all enjoying the fall weather ??????It is going to be 80 today, we were in the 50s up north, XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Re: Wednesday September 16th

Post by billizzy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 am

Good morning Grammieq we posted at same time lol, my rooster has crowed multiple times where are you all.
I’m getyup at 5 just so have time for my bible study some mornings lil man here at 530. Got here at 630 an d I just crawled out of bed from layin him back down. Poor baby some days up and at it others sleepy 😴

Got to run and feed critters then work starts at 8 this is first week back for kids. I’ve had to call over 50 parents to set up sessions. Got all scheduled but 10 think that’s pretty good scenarios

Got backing made for two quilts and washed ready to iron and load on long arm. Got a customer bringing quilt next week to long arm so want these two done before that. Starting to work on Christmas gifts pulling ideas for my elf too for secret Santa 😍

Well gotta run busy busy here.

Hugs 🤗 prayer 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 am

Good Very Chilly.....48* outside & 64* in the house..........

There is Si-Fi fog swirling on the lake, love when that happens.

Well, I had a day of the week mixup & missed knitting group yesterday.

Today looks like some uglies to keep me warm & some sewing. Another tote bag so I do not have jelly roll strips hanging around. Aside that today is trash pick up day.....nothing happening here.

Judi.......Welcome Home! Wonderful to go away & wonderful to be home. Hope you get all the laundry done today. I'm sure Gloria was happy to get away for a few days. We might go up to the high 70's tomorrow.

Izzy.........happy to see you. Was wondering how the beginning of school was going for you. You are up so early. I went to the potty at five & didn't get up til 7. You get up so early. Do you usually have so many students? Have a happy new year! How are you feeling?

Love & Prayers............Kathy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 am

Morning
Burn pile didn't get lit yesterday. Joe went to kids house for what was supposed to be an hour or so & was there all day. So we will light it off today as tomorrow winds are supposed to pick up.
Nothing else new here.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 am

Good morning!

My rooster is missing this morning, maybe because it is still dark. I hear the city noises with everyone heading off somewhere. Definitely fall weather, very cool in the morning, actually quite crisp and warming up nicely in the afternoons. The colors have changed and I can see the reds and oranges across the valley on the mountains there.

A few waltz spins around the floor with Mathilda and I have space on my dance card too with Mr Samsung. Then more quilting in the Batt Cave. Ethan is wanting to earn money by doing jobs . I have baseboards that need attention, so he will come work for Grandma. Also our handyman is coming over with pictures of our new emergency door. It is a special order and takes 4 weeks lead time. That will put this project into October - cold time, but it needs to be done. Just the other day, I read in the news on how a floor collapsed near here, into the basement from a fire in the floor system, just what we are trying to remedy and prevent us getting trapped. Plus, I like windows and get a new view too.

Oh, I hear my little rooster now, stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 am

Good morning everyone.
We just got back from the grocery. We go early so there aren’t a lot of people. We are still overcast from the smoke of the forest fires on the west coast. You can even smell the burning. I can’t believe it. Today I am going to spend the day in my sewing room. Not real sure what I am going to get into. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 am

Good morning to all.
Sounds like some returning vacationers are finally back home. Love to go and happy to return. We were supposed to go to Ireland, Scotland and England for our 50th ann. gift in this July. All plans were made in July 2019. It would have been the 1st time for us to make a trip like this. Oh well, it seems like the virus has different ideas.
Today I want to work on a few little fast projects. Place mats and a table runner for Halloween.
Well time for another cup of coffee-need the caffeine to get rear in gear.

Have a great day
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am

Good Morning Girls

The rooster here has been slacking and didn't wake my up until 0930! Lazy rooster!

Judi.. Welcome home! Now the work begins again right? Laundry, cleaning, maybe a little food shopping! Oh and the dreaded bills and junk mail that arrived while you were gone. Last week I had the heat on.. yesterday I almost turned on the AC.. Mother nature is sure fickle!

Izzy.... You amaze me, how much you get done in a day! Babysit, work, quilt, feed animals, feed Lil Man :D Did your DH ever test positive for Covid? I was gone there for a while and didn't go back and check how he is doing.

Kathy.... Brrr... 48* is pretty chilly... But I'll take it over 95* and humid! Bummer you missed knitting group.. The days are flying by so fast, it's easy to forget what day of the week it is... can you believe it's the middle of September already!

Flo... Ahh yes, so much better to have a fire without winds!

Suzette... Whatever you find in your sewing room to keep you busy.. ENJOY!

Diane.. So sorry you had to cancel your trip to Ireland.. I would go back to Ireland in a heart beat! This stupid virus has sure messed up a lot of travel plans. I'm aching to go to Canada to see my kids.. I miss them so much.

Jana... What a pretty view you must have...watching the color changes across the valley. I'm meet you in the laundry room.. Mr. Maytag only managed to get a load of sheets done yesterday, but today I have to crack the whip.

Since I slept late I suppose I better get going.. Laundry hamper is over flowing. Yesterday I made good progress on Christmas stockings. A fellow I have been making masks for brought me HUGE bag of fabric that was his mothers. She is giving up sewing/quilting and going through her stash. Oh my gosh! What a bunch of stuff! My porch/living room looks like a quilt shop exploded. So I have to finish sorting that stuff. It has a bit of an "old" smell to it, so will wash with some vinegar and see if I can get that smell out. Not much is quilt-shop-quality, but will be great for if/when I need to make more masks.

So, with that... I'm going to get more coffee and head on downstairs

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

what a beautiful day it was today. The smoke is keeping the temps down, it stinks but it is nice to be cool and not have to run the a/c as much.

The day has finally come. After almost a year my neighbors are finally moving in this weekend. what a blessing. They have lots of young strong manly men who will do the heavy lifting. I'm thinking of making some kind of lunch but we will see how it goes.

Still on my diet. down a whopping 9.2 pounds. mostly water but I am not complaining. It's not a hard diet but I sure would like that scale to move quicker.

Enough about me, lets talk about you.

Judi, you are such a blessing to Gloria. and I am glad she came to where you were camped. probably nice to get away from it all. Divorce is the most stressful thing I had ever gone though. give her a hug from me.

Izzy, glad school is starting, hope it goes well for you. I am also pulling things for my elf. She's pretty easy to please, and I think I have it all figured out. how many critters do you have left?

Kathy, I love that kind of fog too. There was a movie called Fog. Do you remember it? You are making a jelly roll tote? what colors?

Flo, we can't burn much here, mostly leaves in the winter. but I do love the smell of leaves burning.

Jana, cool that Ethan is looking for a job to earn money rather than just searching the couch cushions. Is there something special he wants to buy?

Suzette, we also go to the stores early. You can smell the burning? I knew the smoke traveled that far but I didn't even think about the smell.

Diane, that trip will be there next year. hope you had a fun vacation.

Maryq, what fun to go through that fabric. hope you find a lot of usable fabric, so nice of that man to gift it to you.

Lois, I have never been good at making flying geese. Guess i need more practice. but that is the case with most all I make. LOL.

Jana, if you go to Costco can you pick me up a rotisserie chicken? I love those things. At our Costco people line up and grab them up quickly. they know what time they come out of the cooker. they make a marvelous meal.

Valerie, wonderful. You are half done with the blocks for BIL's quilt. yay you. and? what did you think of Walk Away the Pounds? She has many different video's. I really need to do them daily. it's perfect when you can't go outside and walk. glad the kitchen is coming along.

Maryq, I can't wait to see the pattern you make for your sister and BIL. so curious to see what pattern he picks out.

Kathy, did you make a baked apple? I love apple anything. So not on my diet, I just have to imagine.

Hope you girls have a marvelous night and a great tomorrow.

chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”