Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tuesday September 15th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

tuesday September 15th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:09 am

good morning we are headed home today, I need to pack up the camper. it is just getting light and is foggy here so we will wait till it is clear to go. should be home by 3, It has been a good trip. but back to fall at home..Hope everyone is doing well glad to see Becca is on the mend, XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: tuesday September 15th

Post by suzette58 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 am

Good morning everyone.
This morning I have a dr appointment for a check on my medicine. Then home to work in my sewing room. I want to see what kind of fabrics I can find for the breast cancer quilt. I found some but need more. Plus I want to make a sewing organizer for a friend of mine. She loaned me one of her sewing machines while mine was in the shop. It is a thank you gift. Well, I better get ready for the dr. I don’t know how they would feel if I showed up in my PJs.

Grammie - have a safe trip home.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:22 am

morning
Still in jammies watching movie with Joe having coffee.
DGD is up & about. Today is burn puke day. Lighting off most of the termite infested wood from kids house. Kids house is within city limits, so no burn pile allowed...we are out in the county area so we can burn whenever we want. Different from Cali where some summers we were not even allowed charcoal bbqs.
Coffee time
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:57 am

Good morning!

The sky is brightening up, turning barely pink in the saddles between the peaks. Looks like another beautiful day here in paradise, sans the smoke.

Maybe Costco this morning, maybe Thursday. We only have two days a week that is early shopping for us older folks. I will watch for gremlins, but they have a hard time catching up with me and my list. But, the Christmas gremlins in the Christmas aisle, well they are really sneaky! Like I need any more Christmas decorations!

Still working on my quilts in the Batt Cave. Ethan rode his bike over yesterday afternoon, in time to see what I was cooking for dinner. I had made enough for him too.

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:36 am

Good morning everyone!

Tried Chriss's you tube walk, made it half a mile, baby steps. Will push for more tomorrow. Right hip not so good so will have to strengthen those muscles.

Have 10 of 21 sets of blocks done on DBIL quilt. Trying to really be accurate and press after each seam. Squaring up as I put block together. He has cancelled coming for Thanksgiving as his daughter and granddaughter have invited themselves to his place. So maybe I will push to get it there by Christmas.

Air quality numbers down to 123 after 180's yesterday. My lungs are pushing for less than 50. Currently 55* but supposed to get to 82*.

Kitchen progress continues, all the staining is down I think. I was gone most of yesterday so not sure if more is needed. It looks good to me. Need to still do shelves and drawers, seal and finish grouting the granite, secure the dishwasher and then put everything back in some semblance of order. I am getting a bit inpatient.

Not too much else going on here. Will do a bit more cutting today on DBIL quilt. It was nice to have stuff cut and just have to sit down and sew. Next open sew Tomorrow.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:59 am

Good Morning Girls

Just knew I could count on the early risers to start us off this morning! It's a nice day here, but super windy... I expect that there will be a lot of leaves on the ground at the end of the day. My neighbor has a gorgeous sugar maple and it's fun to watch the leaves change day by day!

Judi... Yes it did sound like you had a great trip up to the UP.... No place like home tho. Is your son still living at your house?

Suzette... What kind of sewing organizer do you make? Sounds interesting. I made a little thingee that I pinned to the fat end of my ironing board... with pockets for scissors and some loops to hang my spray bottles on. I love organizer stuff.. though you'd never know it to look at my messy sewing room!

Flo.... Well, that sure doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the day... "burning puke" Am thinking you might want to wear a mask if you are going to be out near the fire.

Jana... Probably a good thing I don't have a Costco card or those Christmas gremlins would see me coming. I've been trying to pass on my excess Christmas stuff to my kids, but gosh-darn.. then I see something really cute and have to have it! I don't DARE go to Hobby Lobby--where all the Christmas stuff is out already!

Valerie.... Can't wait to see a picture of your new kitchen! Am anxious to get mine done, but they won't start until next Thursday. In the meantime... all my kitchen stuff is in a tote box in my living room. Good to hear the smoke numbers are down... I think 2020 will be remembered as the year when the world went crazy!

Got a good start on my Christmas stocking yesterday... Got about 16 tops done. Today while Mr. Maytag does his thing I'll work on them and get backings cut and linings made.

I got a text from Marzy yesterday.. there were in Idaho and going to start heading home. So I'm thinking by the end of the week she should be back among us!

Time for more coffee and to wake up Mr. Maytag...

To all of you.. I wish you a Terrific Tuesday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Good afternoon!

It is just after 3 pm my time. We went to Costco at 8:30. Got in right as they opened for Senior hour and it took us a hour and 15 minutes to shop and load up my Highlander. Thank goodness my seats fold down! I needed all that space. Costco had t-paper and paper towels. Got all on my list but one thing. The Christmas aisle was disappointing. Nothing that just had to come home with me jumped into the cart. Only one thing, red ribbon for my Christmas gifts. I like to do fancy big loopy bows on each gift. 7 hours later, it is all wiped down, dated and put away, in the Batt Cave pantry. Organized so the oldest is in the front, to be used first. I am showered and decontaminated too!

So while we were out Aaron called with another close call. He and a trooper had closed a on ramp to the freeway, due to a large fuel spill, so it could be cleaned up. It was coned off and the trooper's vehicle and Aaron's truck both blocked the on ramp. A semi truck cab decided that wasn't meant for him to stop and proceeded to drive over and through the cones. The trooper yelled at that driver, he stopped and the trooper climbed up on the steps to the cab. The trooper ordered the driver to stop, then turn back around, all to which the trucker had a few choice words and started to drive off with the trooper hanging on to the side. By the time the truck shifted through the gears, he had picked up speed, to about 30 mph, and the trooper decided the best was to jump off and roll on the concrete. He was injured, back pain and a few scraps and bruises. Aaron seeing all this was running as fast as he could to the aid of the trooper. The truck drove off, leaving the scene, but all the other troopers in the area came , sirens blaring and Aaron's partner was able to follow the truck and the troopers caught up and arrested the truck driver. The list of charges is quite long. The injured trooper was taken to the hospital and has now since be released. Oh the things that happen out there! Aaron is OK. Sure glad that he is prayed for, each and every morning!

Well, maybe I can sew in a few minutes,

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:58 pm

MaryQ - the pattern is retired but I got it from Etsy.com. The pattern is called Zip it up. It comes from a company called Annie.com. They have lots of other patterns.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”