Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, September 14

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Monday, September 14

Post by suzette58 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 am

Well shoot -
I was typing away and hit the wrong key and my post disappeared. I finished the baby quilt yesterday. So today I am going to wash it and send it to it’s new home. I just got a weather report on my phone and we are supposed to get 2 days of fall weather this week as well as rain from Hurricane Sally. I didn’t realize we were up to the letter S already. Today I am going to look at my stash for fabric to make a breast cancer quilt. Plus put some stuff away.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, September 14

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today I will be working on flying geese when we get back from a bjs run just going to see if they got paper towel back in i will keep everything crossed.
I got so use to this brand and dont want to go to shoprite and spend more money then I want to.
Suzette that's really nice of you to make a comfort quilt for you dh friends wife.

Well that's all the news everyone enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:00 am

Good morning!

Sitting here all snuggled in a nice warm quilt. Still quite dark outside right now. The moon ,
Venus and me are the only other things up at the moment.

We have a eye doctor appointment early this morning, the back home. I will get my Monday uglies going, my laundry is already sorted and the kitchen only needs a quick wipe down. Then will head to the Batt Cave for the day. Tomorrow will be our Costco run during the senior hour before everyone else. I may pull fabrics for my new Gnome wall hanging, I am sure I have all that is needed. It is made mostly from scraps.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 am

Good morning from vacation land, we are settled in our new camp site and had a nice dinner with some friends who were already here, My friend who is in the middle of a nasty divorce drove up by herself to stay over night with us...she is so sad and needed company but we are having a good time,,,she will leave tomorrow to visit other friends on the way home. It was good to have her here, we will do some shopping today, maybe a quilt shop but fir sure the little gift shops in town here,,,
I always find it sad when a vacation is ending,,,but there is a lot to do at home...The ice is in at Kens rink so he will be busy keeping ready for the hockey season and we are getting Liam's schedule for hockey. I am so excited to see the kids play again, we are hoping the restrictions on spectators lifts so we an see him in person. The garden and the yard will need some definate work when I get home the weeds are probably over the top by now. well I am in charge of a big pot of oatmeal for breakfast...Steel cut irish oat meal to be exact...It needs to cook for 30 minutes,, we love it on a cold morning, it is 43 here and foggy off the lake. Hope you are all having a great day, XXXXXXXXOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:22 am

Morning
Valerie i take cranberry pills every morning. When I had my hystie last year uterus had adhered to bladder. Causing issues that is going to take a few years to resolve. Plus with working on kids house was letting myself dehydrate because no potty. So joe found a port a potty on Facebook and is at kids house for our use now.
Today we are taking day off. I will do laundry and light house work. Then finish lotto blocks.
Have a sew great day
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:24 am

Had a long post and POOF it is gone.

Jana and Lois BEWARE of the sneaky elves. I always end up with cookies and candy that I don't need or want in my cart. Those little guys toss these things in when you are looking around. I know they are in Costco and I'm sure their kin is in other stores.

Seeing the destruction from the fires. Pray they will soon have it under control and all workers will be safe.
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Bet you never thought you'd see Me this early... it's 0730 here in MN and I'm up AND dressed! There is a guy here doing the measuring for my new counter tops and MAN do they start early!
I just might go back to bed after he is done! :lol:

Suzette... Don't you just hate that when your whole post disappears... It takes me so long to type one out and if it disappears, I can never remember what I typed in the first place. Yikes... S's for hurricanes already? Must have been a lot! Hurricane Sally almost sounds like a name for a song from the 50's

Lois... Yeh, what is it with paper towel? When I went to Target the other day they had NONE!!! a fair amount of TP buy no paper towel! I'm a Brawny gal... what's your favorite brand. I tried VIVA once because that's all they had... but gotta have my Brawny :lol: :lol:

Jana.... The gnome pattern is so cute... a lot of little pieces. I am so tempted to trace it out... but I HAVE to get some other things done first. I'm still working on a wall hanging of snowmen for my door that I started LAST year and didn't finish.

Judi... So sorry to hear your friend is in a nasty divorce.. makes it even more painful I'm sure. Luckily... mine didn't get that way. I'm with you... love to travel but there's no place like home. The whole time I'm on vacation visiting the kids or whatever, I'm thinking about what I need to do when I get home. I've been known to take a spiral notebook along when traveling just to write things down!

Flo... Great idea to get a porta-potty for working at the kid's house. Now you can take a big water bottle along! But I am glad to hear you are taking a day off from the work to stay home and play in the sewing room. So much more fun right?

Diane.... Those elves are in my stores here too.. Especially Target.... Those nasty elves put potato chips in my cart last time... and you know you can't eat just one! But at least I kept them from putting ice-cream in my cart this time...

Guess I'll go get more coffee and head down to sewing room. I met my sister for lunch yesterday --- she wants me to make her a queen size quilt for her. Her DH is involved and is helping look for pattern.. NO flowers for sure :D So we ran over to Joann (right next door to the restaurant) and looked at some colors etc. Picked up a little extra Christmas fabric so today I'm going to hopefully get a good start on the Christmas stockings for the hospice home.

Wishing you all a Marvelous Magical Monday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:57 am

Good Very Chilly Morning......Brrrrrrrrrr!

I heard them say it's going down to the 40's tonight. Time for soup, homemade bread & pumpkin bread or a baked apple.
Going to finish my donation tote bag today so it can go into the mail tomorrow along with my other packages. I'll start with it then move to vac'ing my bed room.
I have some blueberries that need tending to....I think I'll freeze them. Although muffins will warm up the house.
I'm thinking my outside knitting group will not be lasting too much longer. We still can't meet in the library. Maybe we'll meet in one of our homes, I'll have to think about that.

Suzette........sorry about your post.....where do they go?? I'll have to check 'photos' to see if it's there. I'm surprised we are all the way to S!

Lois...........Oh no, a paper towel shortage!? I did see a half full area of TP but I didn't notice the paper towels at Walmart. I hope you find your brand soon. I like Bounty...started when the girls were little & spilled a lot.

Jana......it's wonderful to have all these tall pine & oak trees but they block the moon I never get a good view of it. Like the sound of your view. Happy quilting.

Judi......sounds like you'r having a wonderful vacation. She's lucky to have you for a friend.

Flo.........getting a potty was a wonderful idea. I was thinking of getting cranberry pills, someone told me "at my age" it was a good idea. LOL.

Diane.......sorry about your post. I know what you mean about the sneaky snack elves. Their always in the chip & ice cream hiding.

Maryq.......how exciting to get new counters. What are you getting? How convenient that Joann's was right next door. Like that. You're a sweet sister to make her a quilt.

Love & Prayers...............Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”