Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday September 12, 2020

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday September 12, 2020

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 am

Good morning, It's going to be a great day today. Smoky but great.

It always am
amazes me, it's stormy on the right side of the map and fires are blazing in the left side of the map. One would think the center would be the perfect place to be but the bottom center is too hot and the top center is too cold. and the center center has tornados.

There is such a race to find a vaccine for Covid. When they do create one I won't be first in line. I'm not convinced that it would be safe. I wonder if the rush to get it out there will mean a quality product. And if money is involved, well, I just don't trust it.

Today the plan is to finish sewing that binding on the charity quilt. and play more in my room. I want to get the stuff together for my elf. I found a pattern for $1.99 that I hope will work with her hints. I'm excited about putting it all together. Need to get a box I love doing this each year.

Flo, sorry about the UTI. they are so awful. I have only had them a couple of times, last time it was on a Sunday and thank God that the Urgent Care was open. Yay me. Hope that the kids house gets done soon, it will be good for everyone to have their own houses.

Suzette, what colors are you using in the Irish chain? It is a great pattern

Judi, Just read your post about HGTV. I happen to have it on now and also get sucked in to remodeling.

Valerie, love your quilt pattern. it's going to be great. Are you using the same colors. I really like it. Marilyn is working at a coffee place located inside an AM PM. She is a Barista. She likes it because she gets one free drink each shift. I'm thinking she will love it when she sees her first paycheck. Her goal is to buy a new, yes new, Honda Civic. When she was in high school her goal was to move to San Francisco and be in a rock band. But then, when I was young my goal was to marry either Donny Osmond or JFK jr. stuff sometimes gets in the way of our goals. :lol:

Maryq, how old is your Goddaughter? Our whole state is plum full of smoke. Oregon also has some fires. She is getting it from both ends. Here we were able open our windows a bit yesterday but the house is shut up now. the smoke smell rolls in and out. There are a lot of firefighters working the fires but there is also a shortage of firefighters.

Carol, thanks for the link. Every time I see you post I think of how we met outside Disneyland. Mar was young, it was a nice meeting.

Tina, email accounts, pass words, etc, doesn't it drive you nuts? I wish I had known it would have been this much trouble I would have picked one email and one password and went with it. sure would have made remembering easier.

Lois, Denim houses sounds adorable. Here our SPCA has a sort of thrift store area and there are a lot of clothes, including denim. I really want to see what you do with yours, it will be so cool.

Suzette, thrift stores are a great source for denim. are you thinking of a denim quilt? I have wanted to make a rag quilt, denim on one side flannel on the other with no batting, it would be cool.

Jana, I am in your boat, fireworks is tacky for a remembrance. Different strokes.

Kathy, glad you and your sister had a nice visit. Wonder if your niece needs her blood sugar checked? But I have to admit, I have been known to eat a spoon full of frosting right out of the container. Wish we had a two quilt night, we are still in the kick the feet outside the covers here.

I'm thinking of going to the SPCA thrift store, thanks Lois for helping that idea getting into my head. I could also stop at the drug store for more body wash.

I'm doing well on my diet, down 8.4 pounds. only 92 pounds to go. I will be overjoyed when that weight loss amount says 10 pounds. Funny, I have seen myself in the mirror and still didn't realize how very overweight ( obese) I had gotten. Then after my firearm training I saw a picture. I was disgusted, time for a real change.

Hope you girls have a groovy day, I am off to have breakfast then to the spca sale.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”